Author Topic: Ralph Northam yearbook page shows men in blackface and KKK robe  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Ralph Northam yearbook page shows men in blackface and KKK robe
« on: February 01, 2019, 05:46:29 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142258021
Source: Virginian-Pilot

By Marie Albiges and Gordon Rago
Staff writers

Feb 1, 2019 Updated 10 min ago

Courtesy of Eastern Virginia Medical School
A half-page from the 1984 Eastern Virginia Medical School yearbook, photographed by The Virginian-Pilot on Friday, Feb. 1, 2019.

NORFOLK

A photo from Gov. Ralph Northam's medical school yearbook shows two men, one in blackface and one in a Ku Klux Klan robe and hood, on the same page as the governor. ... The photo, which The Virginian-Pilot obtained a copy of Friday from the Eastern Virginia Medical School library, comes from the 1984 yearbook, the year Northam graduated.

On the half-page set aside for Northam, there is a headshot of him in a jacket and tie, a photo of him in a cowboy hat and boots and a third of him sitting casually on the ground, leaning against a convertible. ... The fourth photo on the half-page has two people, one wearing white Ku Klux Klan robes and a hood, the other with his face painted black. The person with the black face is also wearing a white hat, black jacket, white shirt with a bow tie and plaid pants. Both are holding canned drinks. ... It's unclear who the people in costume are.

The governor's office did not immediately respond to requests for comment Friday afternoon.

Under the photo of the men in blackface and the Klan hood are listed Northam's alma mater, Virginia Military Institute, and his interest: "Pediatrics." His quote is listed as "There are more old drunks than old doctors in this world so I think I'll have another beer." ... The photo came to light after a week in which the Democratic governor came under fire for his comments about a bill introduced by a first-term Democratic lawmaker that would have loosened restriction abortions in Virginia. ... Conservative news outlet Big League Politics first posted the photo at around 2:15 p.m. Friday with the headline "YEARBOOK: Ralph Northam In Blackface & KKK Photo".

Marie Albiges writes about state government and politics. A graduate of Christopher Newport University, Marie has previously covered local government, courts, breaking news and education in Williamsburg and Texas.

Gordon Rago is a general assignment reporter on the Pilot's digital enterprise team. Prior to Virginia, Gordon was a reporter at the York (Pa.) Daily Record for four years. He started his journalism career in north Idaho.

Read more: https://pilotonline.com/news/government/politics/virginia/article_67fdd682-2662-11e9-a7d1-c7ed70e09b50.html

Hat tip, Joe.My.God:

VIRGINIA: 1984 Medical School Yearbook Page For Dem Governor Shows Men In Blackface And KKK Costume
February 1, 2019

https://www.joemygod.com/2019/02/virginia-1984-medical-school-yearbook-page-for-dem-governor-shows-men-in-blackface-and-kkk-costume/

-- -- --

I don't want to hear any complaints that this is a RW talking point. The story is in a mainstream news source, and therefore this is a newsworthy item. If it's a hoax, we'll find out soon enough. Which raises the question, how come no one noticed this in the last 35 years?

Full disclosure: I voted for Ralph Northam.
Poor Gov. Northam. Think he'll get the Kavanaugh treatment? Will there be an SNL skit about this?

Offline SVPete

Re: Ralph Northam yearbook page shows men in blackface and KKK robe
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 06:22:57 PM »
He's apologized. I'm guessing nothing happens and it'll go down the MSM memory hole.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 06:40:06 PM »
Wow! Most of the excuses on the island regarding this are basically "D did it, then it's forgiven. R did it, we'd crucify him." Not that I'd expect anything different from the primitives.

I found the "maybe someone picked that pic for his yearbook in order to prank him"  to be the most looney. And the (false) claim that he was a former conservative Republican and the "he can't resign if it means a R would be Gov." Also the ridiculous notion that it was in 1984 and what happened with Kavanaugh in 1980 are different and should be held to different standards.

IOW it's liberals being hypocrites. You know, normal stuff.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 07:14:47 PM »
Quite the  :catfight: :catfight: :catfight: :catfight: over yonder.

And from the dripping in hypocrisy file:

Eko
111. 35 years ago and in Virginia?
Give me a break. How far should we be able to go back, into his teens? It was a bad choice but don't let the past have us run out good people on our side for mistakes that were made when times were different and people were young. I grew up in Virginia, it was common for people to wear the confederate flag on their jackets in the 80's, it was the cool thing. It was wrong and there is no excuse for it but decisions made that far back and in your younger years should not cloud your future like this.
sheesh.

But Brett Kavanaugh deserved to be tarred & feathered.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 08:25:30 PM »
from this other DUmp thread:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211758945#post27

thought he was going to resign until I read this:

malaise (184,777 posts)
27. This is over

He is history

the Jamaican is always wrong

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 09:05:32 PM »
What kinda gets my goat is that the Republican group that was to look for anything to use against the Democrat candidate never found this picture to use against him. Are they really that bad at their job?

Things that make you go “Hmmmm.”

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 09:08:47 PM »
What kinda gets my goat is that the Republican group that was to look for anything to use against the Democrat candidate never found this picture to use against him. Are they really that bad at their job?

It certainly is.  Oppo research must have been slipping on this one, odd in this day & age.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 10:16:08 PM »
This is hilarous!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:  I hope he tells them all to piss of and not resign, then announce his bid for the white house in 2020. :tongue:

All the holier than thou dimocrats eventually get caught with their ass showing, now the republicans should demand thier candidate is the rightful govenor.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 10:20:42 PM »

Either that or they found it and wimped out on using it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Delmar

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 11:51:05 PM »
Here's something for all the lurking shitgibbons who are excusing the Coonman's behavior because it was something he did a long, long time ago when he was very, very young:

WATCH: Ralph Northam Refuses To Shake His Black Opponent’s Hand

Virginia Democrat governor Ralph Northam refused to shake the hand of his black opponent E.W. Jackson during a 2013 televised debate in the Virginia lieutenant governor’s race.
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/watch-ralph-northam-refuses-to-shake-his-black-opponents-hand/
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Delmar

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 12:09:46 AM »
CNN Falsely Labels Democrat Virginia Governor Ralph Northam as ‘Republican’ Amid Blackface Controversy
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/02/cnn-falsely-labels-virginia-governor-ralph-northam-as-republican-amid-blackface-controversy/

They are fake news.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 08:00:45 AM »
Don't ever believe the primitives don't read here. Suddenly this morning the question of why oppo research or his own handlers never found this is all the rage. No way primitives could think enough to come up with that on their own.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 09:07:16 AM »
Don't ever believe the primitives don't read here. Suddenly this morning the question of why oppo research or his own handlers never found this is all the rage. No way primitives could think enough to come up with that on their own.

It was probably some Dem who wanted to get rid of the guy who pulled back the curtain on their post-birth abortion agenda.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 09:09:41 AM »
A state governor who won't shake hands with black men, poses for photos in blackface/klan regalia, doesn't include his black running mate in printed campaign materials and then has the nerve to accuse his republican opponent of being the racist--that seems like a guy just begging to get mocked for hypocrisy.

I don't see any DU threads with the primitives expressing any kind of anticipation or dread about whether the SNL TV show is going to make fun of Northam tonight.  Whenever any kind of Mueller investigation news comes out that the primitives think spells doom for President Trump, it always excites the primitives and sets their armpits to wiggling and waggling.  Always gleeful speculations about which celebrity guest or cast member will portray which Trump team member.  I don't see any of that kind of thing over at DU today regarding Northam. 

As stupid as the primitives are, even they know that the SNL TV show is nothing but a propaganda operation of the democrat party and won't go after Northam.
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 09:11:53 AM »
Northam's favorite movie:

"Partial Birth of a Nation "
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Undies

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 09:12:38 AM »

Either here or on FOX & Friends this morning.  Dan Bongino said he was sent a copy of the photo back in September.  He said he could not verify it, so he let it lay.  Dan said that if he received it, so did many others.  Why now?  Answer:  To get infanticide off the news cycle.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 09:49:26 AM »
from this other DUmp thread:

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211758945#post27

thought he was going to resign until I read this:

the Jamaican is always wrong

:rotf:  :hi5: ! Unless they've died down over night, I've "heard" unhappy noises from some Ds, so mal may exhibit stopped clock syndrome on this one.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 11:55:19 AM »
Flashback: Ralph Northam Decried Ed Gillespie’s ‘Racist Rhetoric and Fearmongering’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/01/flashback-ralph-northam-decried-ed-gillespies-racist-rhetoric-and-fearmongering/

Then Virginia Democrat gubernatorial candidate Ralph Northam decried Republican nominee Ed Gillespie’s “racist rhetoric and fearmongering” in October 2017.

In October, Northam attacked Republican nominee Ed Gillespie over his television and radio ads attacking sanctuary cities and MS-13. The Richmond Times-Dispatch reported Gillespie’s ads hurt Richmond, Virginia, Latinos, including Alfredo Martinez, who comes from Mexico.

Northam included the Times-Dispatch article and tweeted in October 2017, “VA is an inclusive and diverse community—we

Ralph Northam is a hypocrite. Case closed.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 11:56:40 AM »
Planned Parenthood Demands Gov. Ralph Northam Resign Over Racist Yearbook Photo
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/01/planned-parenthood-demands-gov-ralph-northam-resign-over-racist-yearbook-photo/

Planned Parenthood Federation of America called for Virginia Governor Ralph Northam to resign in response to his racist yearbook photo scandal.

“There is no place for Gov. Ralph Northam’s racist actions or language,” Dr. Leana Wen said in a statement emailed to reporters. “He must step down as Governor.”

Ironic isn't it?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 12:30:29 PM »
Planned Parenthood Demands Gov. Ralph Northam Resign Over Racist Yearbook Photo
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/02/01/planned-parenthood-demands-gov-ralph-northam-resign-over-racist-yearbook-photo/

Ironic isn't it?

The plank-eyed calling out the speck-eyed.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2019, 02:18:33 PM »
I's a stupid game, but I'm fine with them reaping what they've sown.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2019, 03:20:34 PM »
That presser was about the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. That, and the DUmp's reaction to it.

Offline GOP Congress

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2019, 05:37:01 PM »
That thread was one huge activity in DE-NILE.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2019, 11:08:44 PM »
That presser was about the funniest thing I've seen in awhile. That, and the DUmp's reaction to it.

The twisting snd turning would make artisan pretzels envious.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2019, 06:07:57 AM »
I'm curious as to who found the yearbook photo. This looks like some sort of misdirection to give people a shiny object to focus on instead having them focus on the issue of murdering newborn babies. I think maybe the governor is being sacrificed in an attempt to protect the libs' love of murdering babies.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.