Author Topic: primitive explains the real reason for the Second Amendment  (Read 1394 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitive explains the real reason for the Second Amendment
« on: January 30, 2019, 01:45:41 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211740604#post2

Oh my.

The whole thread's worth reading in its entirety in the original at the link above, but this merits special attention:

manor321 (2,168 posts)      Mon Jan 28, 2019, 11:36 AM

2. I want to take away people's guns

The Constitution guarantees arms to the militia, which is today the National Guard. It is there to allow the country to have a militia to put down citizen insurrections and foreign invasions.

It's obvious from the massive slaughter on our streets, far and above other countries, that people should not be allowed to own guns.

There would only be highly regulated exceptions for keeping safe from wildlife, etc.

As for the third paragraph, well, why not go into the neighborhoods inhabited by a particular politically-correct racial group and take their illegally-owned guns away?

Nobody seems to ever think of that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: primitive explains the real reason for the Second Amendment
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 04:29:27 AM »
They would never stop with the 2nd if allowed to remove any Amendments.

Then the bouncys start,

Response to ffr (Original post)

Mon Jan 28, 2019, 11:59 AM

Star Member Generic Other (25,021 posts)
11. I was alone on a remote beach yesterday

when I heard what sounded like assault rifle fire coming from the woods. Maybe 50 rounds fired very rapidly.

The sound was so intrusive and unsettling. The scene on the beach went from serene and spiritually soothing to anxiety-ridden and filled with thoughts of emergency lockdowns and active shooter drills.

I don't believe there were any threats in my vicinity that called for a semi-assault rifle response. I back safe and sane gun regulations.

:rotf:

Tue Jan 29, 2019, 05:16 PM

Woodwizard (21 posts)
31. Neighbor shot his .308 through my shop wall last week

There needs to be some type of certification for owning firearms I was working in my shop last week when a neighbor started firing a rifle, next thing I know a bullet went through the wall hit my workbench blew out the top of it and went in the ceiling. This was not an assault style weapon it was a 308 bolt action hunting rifle. I was 15 feet away repairing one of my saws. My wife and daughter were in that area outside my building a week before cutting firewood and brush.

The problem is all you need here in NY is ID and no felonies and you got a long gun without the slightest idea of the damage it is capable of. Serving in the army we trained with our m16 rifles for 2 weeks before even live firing. The police arrested the neighbor and confiscated the firearm for reckless endangerment. I hope they take his rights away they just moved in behind me, the excuse was he did not see my shop, its brown and green he has to drive by it to go to town, the house is 3 acres away. He was shooting with no backstop I have a feeling this is not the last of the stupidity.

I myself own firearms and have no issue with properly trained owners never been or will be a member of the NRA.

Is that like the .223 that vaporized the hog? :lmao:

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 05:59:16 AM »
They would never stop with the 2nd if allowed to remove any Amendments.

Then the bouncys start,

Is that like the .223 that vaporized the hog? :lmao:

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 06:37:22 AM »
What's even funnier, to me, is how the thread was started.

ffr (13,144 posts)

Want to confuse a RW'er, tell them you're pro 2A, but not a member of the NRA.

Spent some time with a crowd of RW'ers this weekend. What a bunch of nuts that can't think things through.  Their hate for democrats would seem to be mostly centered around what they've been told by RW M$M that Dems are here to take away their guns. On that one issue alone, they will choose all the other ills of the republican party and vote party-line republican, which to me feels like a huge missed opportunity.

Which has me wondering, why can't we democrats state as part of our platform that we're pro-2nd amendment and not just as a photo-op. Do it up. Go to a firing range repeatedly and blast off some ammo like they do, show off that musket on the mantel and if there is one, the family's long history of owning guns. No harm in that! I personally don't have any beef with a pro firearm Dem, just not a pro-assault rifle, pro-NRA Dem/Progressive...which seems to be what we're all fighting against.

Point is, we need to win over some of this, mainly white men, segment. Think 77,000 votes. True, we can't win them all over, but we need to break into their mindset and this seems like a clear and simple 'one issue' way to do that.

So the RW's are a bunch of nuts who can't think things through, and are deluded by the MSM that Dem's want to take their guns.  Then at least 30% of the responses on that thread are "We are going to take the guns!!!!"

Uhm, he's kind of proving the point, is he not?  LOL

The second part about going after 77k votes ... where the hell is he getting that number??  From a few counties in one state maybe?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 07:56:12 AM »

Mon Jan 28, 2019, 11:59 AM

Star Member Generic Other (25,021 posts)
11. I was alone on a remote beach yesterday

when I heard what sounded like assault rifle fire coming from the woods. Maybe 50 rounds fired very rapidly.

The sound was so intrusive and unsettling. The scene on the beach went from serene and spiritually soothing to anxiety-ridden and filled with thoughts of emergency lockdowns and active shooter drills.

I don't believe there were any threats in my vicinity that called for a semi-assault rifle response. I back safe and sane gun regulations.

Well that is a new one for me.  Any idea what it is trying to say about a subject it knows absolutely nothing about?
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 08:33:29 AM »
The right to own and bear arms is not guaranteed to the country or the states. It is guaranteed to "the people", individual citizens. The reason "militia" are mentioned is that when people own and use their own fire arms, the militia would not have to train new members what a gun is and how to shoot it!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 08:38:50 AM »
a semi-assault rifle

Well that is a new one for me.  Any idea what it is trying to say about a subject it knows absolutely nothing about?

I'm guessing it's a rifle that does assault work part of the time.  Might be used as a pry bar or a door stop in it's other jobs...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 08:45:44 AM by DLR Pyro »
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 09:30:11 AM »
I'm guessing it's a rifle that does assault work part of the time.  Might be used as a pry bar or a door stop in it's other jobs...
Or it could be a typical assault rifle for use against a marauding Peterbuilt or Kenworth.
You know how crazy those things can get if they get a little moonshine mixed in their diesel, Bubba!
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 09:49:08 AM »
My question to them is a very easy one: If the Founding Fathers meant for individual citizens not to possess guns (especially pistols), why did they not demand that all citizens turn in their firearms after the Revolutionary War had ended? I mean, according to liberals, they didn't need them anymore.

They stutter and stammer, try and make excuses, but I never get an answer.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 09:55:00 AM »
How's that gun free society working out in Cuba and venezuela?
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 10:39:43 AM »
It is there to allow the country to have a militia to put down citizen insurrections and foreign invasions

Wrong DUmmie.

It's in place to allow citizens the opportunity to protect their property...their belongings...their family...and should the need arise to fight back against a tyrannical federal government.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 11:29:56 AM »
to fight back against a tyrannical federal government.

THAT is the real reason the 2nd exists.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 12:37:28 PM »
How's that gun free society working out in Cuba and venezuela?
or shitcago?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 02:41:18 PM »
What's even funnier, to me, is how the thread was started.

So the RW's are a bunch of nuts who can't think things through, and are deluded by the MSM that Dem's want to take their guns.  Then at least 30% of the responses on that thread are "We are going to take the guns!!!!"

Uhm, he's kind of proving the point, is he not?  LOL

The second part about going after 77k votes ... where the hell is he getting that number??  From a few counties in one state maybe?

KC

The 77k is the combined vote margin Trump won PA,WI and Mich. by.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2019, 02:47:50 PM »
How's that gun free society working out in Cuba and venezuela, or Chicago or DC?

Added a couple for you.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
apres moi, le deluge