Author Topic: How many of these have been faked, and exposed as such...  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
How many of these have been faked, and exposed as such...
« on: January 29, 2019, 09:01:36 PM »
Are the DUpipo about to fall for another scam?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211747804

New Jersey Diners Leave We 'Don't Tip Immigrants' Note For Spanish-Speaking Waitress

A couple reportedly left a cruel note saying “Don't tip immigrants!” for a waitress in a New Jersey cafe after they overheard her speaking Spanish to a colleague. The waitress, who was born in the United States, found the note scrawled in big black letters on the back of the couple's bill for a piece of cake. Owner of the Under The Moon cafe, Santiago Orosco, blasted the “cowardly move” from the couple, saying: “There’s no home in my restaurant for hatred, bigotry, racism, homophobia, discrimination. If anyone feels the same way, don’t come back.” Orosco believes the couple overheard the waitress, whose family emigrated from Uruguay over 30 years ago, speaking Spanish to a coworker. Orosco added: “My place is supposed to be a loving, cozy restaurant, and my family and I worked our asses off to get what we have today. We don’t need that hatred here.” 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-jersey-diners-leave-we-dont-tip-immigrants-note-for-spanish-speaking-waitress?source=facebook&via=desktop&fbclid=IwAR3KCVwj7G0enJZkIBLGNivCjn3mVJpoMoIInVpXVJ32pwZQoMY3Ik1DdgI

No real replies yet...

Interesting the owner checked all the liberal phobia boxes in response to this alleged note....

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
Re: How many of these have been faked, and exposed as such...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 09:53:30 PM »
go-fund-me scam to commence in  5...4...3...2...1...

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 08:28:05 AM »
Maybe this happened, though given the generations of Spanish-speaking Puerto Ricans who have moved to the NY-NJ area for more decades than I've been alive, I doubt hearing a person speaking Spanish would be particularly remarkable. One report about the incident mentioned that the couple paid in cash. That means that, unlike previous hoaxes that have been exposed, the accused person(s) cannot be identified via their credit card and expose the hoax. As a DUpipo would intone, "Very convenient!"

But maybe the server and owner gave enough details that if the couple exists they can speak out, either to confirm or contradict the accusation. Given the recent history of hoaxes, the fact that Spanish would not be an unfamiliar sound in NJ, and what could be an effort to make verification difficult, I think the duty staff at that restaurant that day should be given the "The Quick Brown Fox" test by the police if they've been called in on this. As I've said at various times, hoaxes give camouflage to the real.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 09:38:49 AM »
Maybe this happened, though given the generations of Spanish-speaking Puerto Ricans who have moved to the NY-NJ area for more decades than I've been alive, I doubt hearing a person speaking Spanish would be particularly remarkable. One report about the incident mentioned that the couple paid in cash. That means that, unlike previous hoaxes that have been exposed, the accused person(s) cannot be identified via their credit card and expose the hoax. As a DUpipo would intone, "Very convenient!"

But maybe the server and owner gave enough details that if the couple exists they can speak out, either to confirm or contradict the accusation. Given the recent history of hoaxes, the fact that Spanish would not be an unfamiliar sound in NJ, and what could be an effort to make verification difficult, I think the duty staff at that restaurant that day should be given the "The Quick Brown Fox" test by the police if they've been called in on this. As I've said at various times, hoaxes give camouflage to the real.
What are the odds that the staff are supposed to pool their tips and the waitress got a big one in cash and decided not to share? When asked about it later..."the racism!!!".
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 09:43:05 AM »
What are the odds that the staff are supposed to pool their tips and the waitress got a big one in cash and decided not to share? When asked about it later..."the racism!!!".

That wouldn't surprise me at all considering that when these keep popping up they turn out to be faked.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 01:14:17 PM »
Are the DUpipo about to fall for another scam?

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211747804

No real replies yet...

Interesting the owner checked all the liberal phobia boxes in response to this alleged note....

I think the restaurant owner should learn how to code.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 02:06:30 PM »
couple's bill for a piece of cake.

how much would a 20% tip be for the cost of a piece of cake? 
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2019, 03:30:31 PM »
how much would a 20% tip be for the cost of a piece of cake?

Another great question

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 06:48:12 PM »
From what I have seen in the past, they often turn out to be hoaxes.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 08:12:51 PM »
Shit like this just reinforces my no tip rule if the servers make above $13/hr.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 08:48:41 AM »
Shit like this just reinforces my no tip rule if the servers make above $13/hr.

Yep.  If I see a surcharge on the bill to help the restaurant owner recoup the increased cost of the increase he was forced to pay the server then my tip is greatly reduced or eliminated since the tip was to make up for the lower wages that servers typically used to get.  They can thank all the progressive politicians who "fought for them" to get higher wages. 
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020