Author Topic: Go Straight To Hell Howard Schultz - Healthcare For All  (Read 1522 times)

Offline CC27

Go Straight To Hell Howard Schultz - Healthcare For All
« on: January 29, 2019, 09:05:40 AM »
PaulX2 (2,022 posts)

Not just for the lucky.

""Schultz recalled a clip previously aired of Senator Harris supporting Medicare for all by saying “she wants to abolish the insurance industry.”

“That’s not correct. That’s not American,” Schultz claimed, adding “What’s next? What industry are we going to abolish next? The coffee industry?” ""

Watching the poor die is far more American than other countries where all citizens are covered with better overall care and outcomes for half the price.

Replace insurance workers with people to provide care. Alzheimers rates are exploding.

Tax sugar and flour to pay for health care.

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100211744583

Tax sugar and flour to pay for it? Tell me this is a mole?

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: Go Straight To Hell Howard Schultz - Healthcare For All
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 09:26:00 AM »
Tax sugar and flour to pay for it? Tell me this is a mole?

A coffee tax...Just wait for them to suggest that one.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 09:40:14 AM »
Sadly, for many Leftists, there is always "someone else" to get stiffed with the bill.  Then, they are shocked when "someone else" engages in behavior to avoid getting stiffed. 

Look at all the calls to raise the minimum wage, then the shocked faces when businesses relocate or automate to avoid the extra incurred costs.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 10:17:27 AM »
PaulX2 (2,022 posts)

ok, fine.  are you willing to pay for it?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 10:57:55 AM »
Sadly, for many Leftists, there is always "someone else" to get stiffed with the bill.  Then, they are shocked when "someone else" engages in behavior to avoid getting stiffed. 

Look at all the calls to raise the minimum wage, then the shocked faces when businesses relocate or automate to avoid the extra incurred costs.

Anytime I have asked for an honest discussion of the costs and logistics of their "free" healthcare those advocating it always come down to the same thing.
They don`t want or intend to pay anything for it.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 12:28:15 PM »
Tax sugar and flour to pay for health care.
:loser: :loser:

Better yet, let's tax stupidity, that will pay for all of it and then some! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 01:26:32 PM »
I was just looking at a thread by this same poster thinking to haul it over wheno I ran across this one.  No sense wasting it so I will leave it here as a rather long comment.

This particular DUmmy seems to excel at Potato Math.   :whistling:  (1+1 = potato iirc )

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211744640

PaulX2 (2,023 posts)

Who Wants To Cut Their Healthcare Costs By 20% Instantly
Without cutting care for the sick?

Paying insurance companies 20% off the top for nothing is only for stupid corrupt countries.

All the profits and wages of healthcare insurance companies could be spent hiring caregivers. Or how about mental health workers. Anyone looked around America's streets lately?

Time America became less stupid.

Life and death shouldn't be decided by for profit bean counters. 

Life is hard, harder still when you are a DUmmy.
democratisphere (11,705 posts)

1. The American Criminal Enterprise Healthcare System death panels are already in place.

Good luck getting rid of them. Maintaining the wealthiest's wealth is far more important than providing quality affordable healthcare to all. Get real!

Response to PaulX2 (Original post)Tue Jan 29, 2019, 10:03 AM
FBaggins (17,749 posts)

2. Sorry. That's a misunderstanding of basic economics.

You don't provide much detail, but reading between the lines it seems that you're saying that 20% of healthcare costs are the profits for the insurance companies... and that getting rid of those companies and replacing them with a government program would save that 20%.

That simply isn't true.

Response to FBaggins (Reply #2)Tue Jan 29, 2019, 10:11 AM
NewJeffCT (51,184 posts)

3. agreed

80% must go towards medical and medical-related costs per the ACA, but the other 20% is not all profit. It's salaries of all the insurance company employees (not just the CEO, but the staff accountants and analysts, administrative assistants, IT geeks, human resources, etc), computers, office space rentals and maintenance, etc.

Response to NewJeffCT (Reply #3)Tue Jan 29, 2019, 10:16 AM
Star Member democratisphere (11,705 posts)

4. Explains why healthcare costs increase exponentially and are approaching

20% of the GDP. Insane!

Response to democratisphere (Reply #4)Tue Jan 29, 2019, 10:31 AM
FBaggins (17,749 posts)

8. Increased cost of care, population growth, and an aging population

It certainly isn't an increase in the portion of total costs eaten up by insurance company salaries and profits.

Response to FBaggins (Reply #8)Tue Jan 29, 2019, 10:36 AM
PaulX2 (2,023 posts)

10. It's Obesity And Crap Diets With Little Exercise

Driving costs per person up.

We eat flour and sugar to become blimps.

It's how we roll.

Response to FBaggins (Reply #8)Tue Jan 29, 2019, 10:36 AM
Star Member democratisphere (11,705 posts)

11. Not true. 20% of $100,000.00 and 20% of $1,000,000.00 are HUGELY DIFFERENT.

We are at the upper end and beyond. Insane, specially for the low quality of care delivered in the USA.

Response to FBaggins (Reply #2)Tue Jan 29, 2019, 10:24 AM
Star Member still_one (60,937 posts)

5. I think some also do not realize that Medicare is not free. People pay monthly premiums, and some

of those costs can be substantial unless they have a supplemental plan or a drug plan which also costs additional premiums. Of course they can go with an advantage plan which will lower some of those costs, but there are limits where they can go, because you may have to stay within a set of providers.

It is a very complicated issues. I know some here do like the issue of paygo, but the money to pay for Medicare for All has to be shown where it is coming from or it will fail before it even starts.

Response to still_one (Reply #5)Tue Jan 29, 2019, 10:28 AM
MichMan (2,277 posts)

6. And that is after you prepay into Medicare for 40 yrs.

before you ever receive any benefits

Response to still_one (Reply #5)Tue Jan 29, 2019, 10:28 AM
Star Member Yavin4 (26,698 posts)

7. "the money to pay for Medicare for All has to be shown where it is coming from"

A combination of payroll taxes, higher taxes on high incomes, and a national sales tax on non-essential goods/services (energy, food, housing, education, healthcare, and clothing under $100 would be excluded).

Response to PaulX2 (Original post)Tue Jan 29, 2019, 10:33 AM
Pepsidog (1,590 posts)

9. My wife had a uterine biopsy. 5 minute procedure. Insurance paid $4900.00. It was labeled as surgery

Could this be part of the problem?

Let's leave you wife's uterus out of this. 

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 02:12:30 PM »
PaulX2 (2,023 posts)

Who Wants To Cut Their Healthcare Costs By 20% Instantly
Without cutting care for the sick?

Paying insurance companies 20% off the top for nothing is only for stupid corrupt countries. No one is forcing you to buy insurance, oh wait I forgot about obama care. That is almost free isn't it?

All the profits and wages of healthcare insurance companies could be spent hiring caregivers. Or how about mental health workers. Anyone looked around Democrat Underground lately?

Time America became less stupid.We need teachers to get back to real education not all the liberal / progressive bull shit they are pumping into our kis.

Life and death shouldn't be decided by for profit bean counters. 
  Or a bunch of liberal money / power hungry democrats either.

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 02:22:41 PM »
Response to PaulX2 (Original post)Tue Jan 29, 2019, 10:33 AM
Pepsidog (1,590 posts)

9. My wife had a uterine biopsy. 5 minute procedure. Insurance paid $4900.00. It was labeled as surgery

Could this be part of the problem?

A surgery "was labeled as surgery"? Shocking! How in Hades does DU-Moron PaulX2 imagine the biopsy sample was obtained? :hammer: By Star Trek replicators? :hammer: Obviously DU-Moron PaulX2 will never need brain surgery! :hammer:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 03:18:00 PM »

Hey!  Venezuela raised the minimum wage 23 times since 2013 and that worked out just fine.......oh wait, never mind. :p
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 03:24:51 PM »
A surgery "was labeled as surgery"? Shocking! How in Hades does DU-Moron PaulX2 imagine the biopsy sample was obtained? :hammer: By Star Trek replicators? :hammer: Obviously DU-Moron PaulX2 will never need brain surgery! :hammer:

since we are on the subject of surgeries, I imagine you DUmmies expect gender reassignment (elective) surgery to be  included in the package of freebies?  How about breast enlargement as well?  tattoo removal? Or how about the procedure to close the holes that halfwits get in their earlobes by putting progressively larger rings in their pierced hole because it's "cool" only to find out later that they can't land a job because they are considered to be freaks by potential employers.  Do you expect me to pay for the stupid actions of others?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 03:58:41 PM »
since we are on the subject of surgeries, I imagine you DUmmies expect gender reassignment (elective) surgery to be  included in the package of freebies?  How about breast enlargement as well?  tattoo removal? Or how about the procedure to close the holes that halfwits get in their earlobes by putting progressively larger rings in their pierced hole because it's "cool" only to find out later that they can't land a job because they are considered to be freaks by potential employers.  Do you expect me to pay for the stupid actions of others?

Only when they are democrats. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :-) :-) :-) :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline SVPete

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2019, 04:16:33 PM »

Yes! And how dare you call alternative lifestyles "stupid actions"?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2019, 06:00:07 PM »
Quote from:
Yavin4

7. "the money to pay for Medicare for All has to be shown where it is coming from"

A combination of payroll taxes, higher taxes on high incomes, and a national sales tax on non-essential goods/services (energy, food, housing, education, healthcare, and clothing under $100 would be excluded).

There's a sure way to kill an economy.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2019, 09:45:25 AM »
Yavin4

Do the DUmmies who work for the government or are teachers or in a union realize "Medicare for all" is really "Medicaid" and "for all" really means for all? That means the plans they are on now would go away.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 06:06:48 PM »
A coffee tax...Just wait for them to suggest that one.

A coffee tax? Let the shooting war begin.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 07:27:33 PM »
A coffee tax? Let the shooting war begin.
Not seeing a tea tax yet. A bunch of Republicans dressed up like nathan Philips would be immensely entertaining
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2019, 07:45:01 PM »
I am laughing my ass off at the hand wringing the libbies and dummies are doing because a "sane" democrat has pretty much told them the party left him and he wants to run for president.  Oh the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the MSM.

I hope the bastard is serious, sticks with it until the end and splits the dem party into two pretty much like President Trump did to the GOP.  For way too long the dems and the gop have been two sides of the same coin. I want another choice.  President Trump happened to be that in 2016. That is why he won. Nothing would be better for the USA than for the two to get  together and form the Middle Class Party.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2019, 07:48:59 PM »
I am laughing my ass off at the hand wringing the libbies and dummies are doing because a "sane" democrat has pretty much told them the party left him and he wants to run for president.  Oh the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the MSM.

I hope the bastard is serious, sticks with it until the end and splits the dem party into two pretty much like President Trump did to the GOP.  For way too long the dems and the gop have been two sides of the same coin. I want another choice.  President Trump happened to be that in 2016. That is why he won. Nothing would be better for the USA than for the two to get  together and form the Middle Class Party.

Let the left destroy each other.  :yahoo:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du