Author Topic: primitive assaulted by mortician; California Peggy regarded as strange  (Read 2063 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
https://www.democraticunderground.com/11519167

Oh my.

This is the same thing that allegedly afflicts gnomish dave up over in northernmost Maine.

backtoblue (6,279 posts)     Wed Jan 2, 2019, 04:24 PM

The social stigma of PTSD

I was assaulted a few years back by the owner of a funeral home I managed. As a result, I could no longer continue my career as an embalmer.

I was diagnosed with PTSD due to the assault and the years of dead bodies.

It's gotten to the point where I don't tell anyone about it. The first question is "were you in the military?". When I would say no, I was assaulted, I get a look mixed with pity and disbelief. Then there are people who just dismiss my horror and think I'm just mentally weak.

It's hard enough to cope without the stares and whispers. I know I shouldn't care what people think of me, but sometimes I feel like the town crazy. Even worse is when I'm asked if i ever go into a "rage". Makes me feel like a monster.

Does anyone here deal with PTSD? It's a lonely affliction...

applegrove (85,000 posts)      Wed Jan 2, 2019, 04:31 PM

3. Yes. I tell everyone. And my everyone I mean the people in my life

who are not ***holes. PTSD has me allergic to ***holes. So there are none in my life. I do fine most of the time with nice people. There are so many things I wish I could do which I can't. But mostly I just wish I did not have so many moments when I am afraid for me and others. As to loneliness i like to spend time alone and always have, even before I developed ptsd in my 30s. I have a lovely family and other people in my life every few days. I have to work too hard to hear so that i have always found being alone relaxing where I can think about the world or read. And feel connected that way. Always have. So i don't get the loneliness you are talking about. I am both very unlucky and very lucky. Meds help a great deal.*

*I'll bet they do, especially if they're controlled substances.

backtoblue (6,279 posts)      Wed Jan 2, 2019, 04:36 PM

5. Im down to one friend

And a handful of family members.

I live in a very small town. My assault* was in the local news so nearly everyone knew what happened.

The fear and anxiety is crippling at times.

*by the local undertaker.

applegrove (85,000 posts)      Wed Jan 2, 2019, 04:44 PM

8. Oh that is tough. I just had to give up my hairdresser because she

was gossiping about me to me. So I get the small town thing. Only my small town gaslit me. That does make it very much worse. Treat the DU and the internet like the campfire we would have been sitting around thousands of years ago..telling our story to our peeps.(((HUGS))).    Yes crippling. I had a DUI as I started drinking heavily after I was traumatized at 30. That really affected my adrenaline. So I can't ski or drive or ride a bike. Or watch any exciting sport on the tv. I can't work. Which I miss probably the most this month. Someone I trust a great deal told me this month not to work as my trust issue are unfair to put on others. So that is another dream gone. Gossip gets to my friends and I lose them. Pretty hard life so I'm glad I'm on meds. I was always very soft. Never would have chosen this life. My life is too big for me. All I can do is politics online, evolutionary psychology and read novels and cultural histories. I find focusing my interests gives me joy. And time for family.

<<<forgets.  Isn't this primitive ^^^ one of the militant gays on Skins's island?

CaliforniaPeggy (127,259 posts)      Wed Jan 2, 2019, 04:32 PM

4. My dear backtoblue!

I haven't dealt with PTSD, but I know a little about being regarded as strange.

My heart goes out to you. Being lonely also adds into it.

How about a therapist?

I hope that this will pass and leave you in a much better place.

cpamomfromtexas (1,099 posts)    Wed Jan 2, 2019, 10:20 PM

15. I had no idea what I had. I just thought my brain was broken.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: primitive assaulted by mortician; California Peggy regarded as strange
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 02:16:27 PM »
Then there are people who just dismiss my horror and think I'm just mentally weak.

Guess what, they're right.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 02:20:31 PM »
Actually he was caught getting a little to friendly with the dead bodies and was fired.

It doesn't take captain obvious to realize being an embalmer requires that the patient be dead, live people don't usually want to be enbalmed, except if toy are nancy peolsi or diane finestein. :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 02:32:04 PM »
I was diagnosed with PTSD due to the assault and the years of dead bodies

oh you have GOT to be ******* kidding me.
You see things like that and it gets easier over time, and you learn to COPE with it.
I could understand actually KILLING another human (be it in self-defense, war, etc) might possibly be an event one would struggle to cope with, but come on. Getting your ass squeezed by a perv? What kind of weak-minded town crazy.. oh...   nevermind.
Damn disability scam if I ever heard one. I wish I could reach far enough to slap the dog sh** out of these people. this sorta thing really torques me off

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 02:34:55 PM »
It's gotten to the point where I don't tell anyone about it. The first question is "were you in the military?". When I would say no, I was assaulted, I get a look mixed with pity and disbelief. Then there are people who just dismiss my horror and think I'm just mentally weak.

There is hardly an adult on this planet who has not had some sort of @#$% happen at some point in their lives. Whether this "assault" was sexual or a murder attempt, it is not the same as being in combat with people trying to kill you and living 24x7 where such an assault could commence any second! Living in combat and a combat zone causes real PTSD; having your kitty die or being "assaulted" does not, and calling it PTSD dishonors and insults those who have survived combat! Just as calling your purse poodle a "service animal" or "therapy animal" dishonors and insults people who really need and have a trained service animal!

I have sympathy for people who have had @#$% happen in their lives. I've had some. But people who cave in to their @#$% and make that @#$% their identity? Not so much. This DUpipo should take a job as an embalmer, face down their fear daily for a week or a month, and their reason will have conquered their fear.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 02:41:28 PM »
and calling it PTSD dishonors and insults those who have survived combat

couldn't have said it better myself.
like I said..  disability scam and cry for attention.. nothing more.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 02:46:58 PM »
applegrove (85,000 posts)      Wed Jan 2, 2019, 04:44 PM

8. Oh that is tough. I just had to give up my hairdresser because she

was gossiping about me to me. ...

Oh, for @#$%  #$%^&  $%^  &%^&* sake! Move the @#$% on and STHU! It's not a big @#$%ing deal!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 08:50:43 PM »
And, as always, the people these DUmmies break all contact with are much better off without them in their lives, resulting with the DUmmies growing old and dying unwanted and forgotten like human garbage should be.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 09:10:11 PM »
>I was diagnosed with PTSD due to the assault and the years of dead bodies.

Unless you made those "bodies" dead, GTF over it kitty.  There are enough good people that had to whack and stack
bad people that need much more respect than your feline postie mung.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 09:18:37 PM »
CaliforniaPeggy (127,259 posts)      Wed Jan 2, 2019, 04:32 PM

4. My dear backtoblue!

I haven't dealt with PTSD, but I know a little about being regarded as strange.

My heart goes out to you. Being lonely also adds into it.

How about a therapist?

I hope that this will pass and leave you in a much better place.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 09:40:05 PM »
Peggy says: How about a therapist?

Will that fix the Aching Seed?  If not, will you?  I had a dream you would fix it.  But you could never give it back.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 09:43:40 PM »
backtoblue (6,279 posts)     Wed Jan 2, 2019, 04:24 PM

The social stigma of PTSD

I was assaulted a few years back by the owner of a funeral home I managed. As a result, I could no longer continue my career as an embalmer.

I was diagnosed with PTSD due to the assault and the years of dead bodies.

It's hard enough to cope without the stares and whispers. I know I shouldn't care what people think of me, but sometimes I feel like the town crazy. Even worse is when I'm asked if i ever go into a "rage". Makes me feel like a monster.

Does anyone here deal with PTSD? It's a lonely affliction...

The dead bodies assaulted him.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 07:24:33 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/11519167

Oh my.

This is the same thing that allegedly afflicts gnomish dave up over in northernmost Maine.

*I'll bet they do, especially if they're controlled substances.

*by the local undertaker.

<<<forgets.  Isn't this primitive ^^^ one of the militant gays on Skins's island?

I don't know that undertaker WWE wrastler is a pretty big dude this might be a true PTSD claim.  :rotf:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2019, 08:31:29 PM »
some guy flashing you once doesn't cause permanent emotional damage, she is another dummy headcase:

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/12371774

dummy "backtoblue" is telling the truth here:

http://www.insidefortsmith.com/loss-on-appeal-sends-russellville-man-to-jail-for-six-months/

but you didn't tell them the full story, did you Jen?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 09:45:11 AM »
some guy flashing you once doesn't cause permanent emotional damage, she is another dummy headcase:

http://www.insidefortsmith.com/loss-on-appeal-sends-russellville-man-to-jail-for-six-months/

From the first link:

You were there when I mysteriously contracted Small Pox while writing on the virus in my college Microbiology class. Turned out to be a false alarm but my Professor insisted I was a hyperchontriac. I respectfully disagree and I am convinced that I cured myself with wine, weed, and mushrooms.

My Pathology professor was not so understanding when I got a sudden and debilitating case of Mad Cow Disease. I had prions eating my brain for weeks, which gradually subsided after being treated for anxiety disorder.

Yet she claimed just a few sentence later that she had gotten off the drugs. How do you cure yourself with substances you aren't using?

I was working doing land scaping at age 23 when I got pregnant with my son. I had never had any responsibilities before. I was selfish, messed up with drugs and alcohol, and completely content with the way things were. I was the stereotypical party girl.

I stopped taking drugs almost immediately (addiction is powerful). I had never been so happy in my life. His father moved in with me and promised to help out and be there for me and our baby.

When my son was a year and a half old, my outlook on life, purpose, and human beings as a whole species turned upside down. I found out that my boyfriend was molesting my 13 year old sister. (I know this is heavy, but it gets better, I promise).

Guys who impregnate 22/23 YO girls they are not married to are not moral and mental paragons. This one was worse than average. I wonder how much older than backtoblue Pedophile Baby Daddy was. If more than 3 or 4 years, that should have been a very loud and raucous alarm bell! But I guess dope dulls one's "hearing".

Re the latter link, the guy fought it, so he didn't get a plea deal - no reduction in charges or sentence. So if he really laid a gun on backtoblue's desk before waving his wiener, why only 6 months for a sentence and no mention of the gun in the description of the charges? Methinks backtoblue exaggerated what happened in fashioning her :bouncy: .

So backtoblue is a 39YO single mother whose ambition for the next 4 or 5 decades of her life is to leech off US and Arkansas taxpayers.

Fixed a typo.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 09:38:20 AM by SVPete »

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2019, 02:15:49 PM »
The dead bodies assaulted him.

My money's on it being the other way around.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2019, 06:01:40 AM »

who are not assholes. PTSD has me allergic to assholes. So there are none in my life.

It doesn't take being a fictional spirit-guide to know the DUmmies idiots and lie all of the time. All it takes is reading their writings.

For the blue bolded sentence it could have just wrote: I'm alergic to poison ivy so I rolled around in it 85,000 times.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2019, 09:40:31 AM »

who are not assholes. PTSD has me allergic to assholes. So there are none in my life.

If (s)he really were, it'd be an auto-immune condition.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2019, 10:07:26 AM »
I know of no "social stigma" surrounding PTSD. As for the OP, if you ask me he/she is just using it as an item on his/her "reasons to pity me" list. For some reason, liberals love being pitied for their real and imagined issues.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2019, 12:12:06 PM »
I know of no "social stigma" surrounding PTSD. ...

I'm not a moron about it, but mentally I differentiate between vets who "earned" their PTSD the very hard way and people claiming they have it because they saw a penis when they didn't want to, IYKWIM.

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2019, 12:41:43 PM »

Maybe the guy's nick name is Johnny Rocket and she was disapointed all he did was flash her. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline BamaMoose

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2019, 12:58:38 AM »
You were there when I mysteriously contracted Small Pox while writing on the virus in my college Microbiology class. Turned out to be a false alarm but my Professor insisted I was a hyperchontriac. I respectfully disagree and I am convinced that I cured myself with wine, weed, and mushrooms.

My Pathology professor was not so understanding when I got a sudden and debilitating case of Mad Cow Disease. I had prions eating my brain for weeks, which gradually subsided after being treated for anxiety disorder.

So, she contracted Small Pox, a disease that's been eradicated for over 40 years.  And, shortly thereafter, contracted Mad Cow Disease.  Interestingly, humans don't get Mad Cow Disease.  They get variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) from eating cattle infected with Mad Cow Disease.  There have only been 4 cases of vCJD in the US ever and they've all died, as vCJD is incurable and lethal within about a year or so.  She cured both with a mixture of drugs, booze and therapy.  Why do I think her grasp on reality is marginal at best?  Frighteningly, she claims to have some medical education.  Glad that she was only working on dead people.

Also, you would hope that a college educated hypochondriac, with a medical background, could actually spell the word and come up with better false illnesses.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2019, 09:24:58 AM »
<snip>.  Why do I think her grasp on reality is marginal at best?  Frighteningly, she claims to have some medical education.  Glad that she was only working on dead people.
<snip>
Welp, they were dead when she got done with them, anyway. 
Doesn't necessarily mean that they started out that way.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2019, 09:34:08 PM »
 >CaliforniaPeggy (127,259 posts)      Wed Jan 2, 2019, 04:32 PM
> I haven't dealt with PTSD, but I know a little about being regarded as strange.

Nothing a bit of Aching Seed won't cure until next time.  Let it all out and in,