Author Topic: Nathan Phillips, character assassin: what even his critics seem to be ignoring  (Read 970 times)

Offline Muddling 2

about him.

"Nathan Phillips is fast wearing out his more-than-15-minutes of fame. But before he goes off our radar screen—and the next ramped-up Twitter brouhaha comes our way—I must point out something I think is important but which has been almost totally ignored even by the right and by the defenders of the Covington students.

I’ve read an awful lot about the Covington incident and Phillips’ role in it. Left and right are in profound disagreement, of course, about most of it. But there is one “narrative” about which many on both left and right seem to agree, and that is that people initially came to conclusions based on the first short video, and that the left hated Sandmann and the other boys based on people’s perceptions of that video, amplified by discussions on social media and in the press.

So even if you think the Covington teens were innocent and the rage against them obscene, you tend to think that rage was a reaction to the first video and the press and all the other viewers and tweeters who were similarly rage-filled.

The role of Phillips himself was (and still is) felt by the right to be the following: that he purposely stirred up the initial face-to-face confrontation, that he lied about his military service, lied when he stated the boys had said “build the wall,” lied when he said they had approached and surrounded him, and that he also omitted the details of the racial and other slurs the boys (and the Native Americans) had endured coming from the Black Israelites. And the media gave Phillips a forum for repeating those influential lies. "

Balance of article at the link: https://www.thenewneo.com/2019/01/26/nathan-phillips-character-assassin-what-even-his-critics-seem-to-be-ignoring-about-him/
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Old n Grumpy

Phillips is a professional agitator, liar and bull shit artist. being native american doesn't absolve him of any of this.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
The drum banger is a liar, a drunk, a criminal, and a valor vulture.

**** him.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline Muddling 2

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein