Author Topic: Covington Catholic - the prime example of why private religious schools need to  (Read 26573 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Covington Catholic - the prime example of why private religious schools need to be banned
By clementine613 - 3:24 PM

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211700428

Post removed

Post removed

Anyone catch what clementine613 posted before it went down the rabbit hole?

Some of the DUpipo get the whole "free exercise" thingy, but a disturbing number don't:

beachbum bob (9,157 posts)

17. just ban their graduates from going to any US College/University that takes taxpayer's funds

that would put an end to most of them

Offline Ausonius

"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline jukin

I am losing my sense of humor over the fake media.  Might be time to doxx them or more.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline ADsOutburst

I am losing my sense of humor over the fake media.  Might be time to doxx them or more.
Unfortunately, in spite of their track record, they remain effective at what they do. Even Scott Adams and, it appears, some people at conservativepoliticalforum.com bought into the media narrative of what happened, before the students side of the story came out.

Offline SVPete

So, I tried the "trick" of Googling the DU title along with "Democratic Underground" and checking for what Google has cached, but the post must've been removed too long ago. All I found of the original post was this from the results list:

They produce nothing but racism, sexism and homophobia. These kids would all be much better served in a public school where they will learn ...

:thatsright: Must be interesting for those Catholic schools, teaching racism to, for example, Hispanics and Vietnamese students! :thatsright:  :hammer: DU-Moron! How blitheringly ignorant does one need to be not to know that there are lots and lots of Hispanic and Vietnamese in the US Catholic Church?! :hammer: And I'm sure it would not be hard to find black Catholic school students. :hammer:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

So, I tried the "trick" of Googling the DU title along with "Democratic Underground" and checking for what Google has cached, but the post must've been removed too long ago. All I found of the original post was this from the results list:

:thatsright: Must be interesting for those Catholic schools, teaching racism to, for example, Hispanics and Vietnamese students! :thatsright:  :hammer: DU-Moron! How blitheringly ignorant does one need to be not to know that there are lots and lots of Hispanic and Vietnamese in the US Catholic Church?! :hammer: And I'm sure it would not be hard to find black Catholic school students. :hammer:
The poster you quoted apparently isn't aware that the catholic students were confronted by a known hate group. That hate group said, among other things, that the bible condemns homosexuals ( to which a catholic student replied "They're still humans").

It's the typical MO of the left; confront and provoke opposition, and then complain when their target reacts (or in this case, doesn't really react at all).

Offline landofconfusion80

I went to hs just down the road from cov cath. It's an all boys school. The girls are across the road at Notre dame. They were known as the fags in the valley and the girls were the whores on the hill. I never had a problem with any of the guys over there. This is a whole lot of nothing, hate that it hits this close to home
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline SVPete

The poster you quoted apparently isn't aware that the catholic students were confronted by a known hate group. That hate group said, among other things, that the bible condemns homosexuals ( to which a catholic student replied "They're still humans").

It's the typical MO of the left; confront and provoke opposition, and then complain when their target reacts (or in this case, doesn't really react at all).

At the time I posted that I wasn't very aware of the full context, either. But the narrative didn't ring true, and I knew the narrative was being questioned as not giving full context. But not knowing more I just called out the stupidity that was in clementine613's now "removed" post.

I also could have pointed out that Progressives' bigoted attempt to shut down Catholic (and other) parochial schools got squashed by the USSC nearly 95 years ago. I don't know if Miss Nancy is sufficiently insanely stupid as to try to pass a law outlawing parochial schools. I doubt it would pass the House, let alone get past the Senate, President Trump, and the USSC (Justices Thomas, Kavanaugh, and Roberts all attended Catholic schools, :-) ).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
I believe the FBI should investigate this (since it spans jurisdictions) and prosecute all the liberals and conservatives that had anything to do with this. That includes all the journalists who didn't vet the story before running with it. Seems like National Review had some hand in this so take them down with the libs.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

I believe the FBI should investigate this (since it spans jurisdictions) and prosecute all the liberals and conservatives that had anything to do with this. That includes all the journalists who didn't vet the story before running with it. Seems like National Review had some hand in this so take them down with the libs.

Unless some media outlet directly and specifically urged violence against the students, families and the school, where's the crime? The MSM F'ed up, badly, but that is not a crime.

As to National Review, I did not see what they published, but have seen that something referenced in multiple contexts. Here's what NR has about it, my emphasis:

The Lincoln Memorial Hoax
By RICH LOWRY, National Review Editor
January 20, 2019 4:57 PM
Last night, I tweeted that the Catholic high school that apologized over the conduct of its kids at the Lincoln Memorial did the appropriate thing. Then someone shared with me a snippet from a different angle/time that showed the Indian elder/activist approaching the kid in a MAGA hat who looked initially like he was menacing him. I noted that ambiguity in another tweet and said it was still wrong for the other kids to mock the elder’s chant. Now, even more extensive video shows that the elder approached the entire group of kids in the first place and suggests — together with a statement by one of the students — that the kids jumping around and chanting may not necessarily have been mean-spirited. All this took place in the context of a long, poisonous tirade directed at the the students by a group of black nationalists. Anyway, if not a hoax, this at the very least was not what it initially seemed. I deleted my original tweet and we also took down a strongly worded post by my colleague Nick Frankovich that relied on the incomplete video. It’s another reminder — even for an old hand like me — that it’s best not to make snap judgments and to wait for all sides of a controversy to have a chance to be heard.

Note the time stamp, because even that mea goofa blogpost reflects what was known and what was uncertain at the time it was published.

Here is the article about the incident I found on the NR site Main Page, similar time stamp:

Nathan Phillips Lied. The Media Bought It.
By KYLE SMITH
January 20, 2019 5:14 PM
If you’re in a public place and someone starts heckling you, are you entitled to heckle back? How about if someone does something much worse than heckling you in a public place? What if that person in fact takes a drum up to you and starts banging it in your face? Are you entitled to heckle back? How about smirking? Are you allowed to smirk?

I think you are, even if you’re wearing a MAGA hat. Even if you’re an entitled brat. Even if you’re an entitled Catholic brat.

We’ll stipulate that the Catholic boys from a high school in Kentucky were a little obnoxious when an indigenous man named Nathan Phillips banged a drum at them in front of the Lincoln Memorial on Friday. But Phillips was being a lot more obnoxious. To put it another way, if you were minding your own business in a public place and someone came right up to you and put a drum up to your face and made a huge racket inches from your nose, would you be happy about it?

The kids from Covington Catholic High School in Covington, Ky., were ambassadors for causes much bigger than themselves: Catholicism and the right to life. As such, they should have comported themselves better than to jeer and do a tomahawk chop in front of Phillips. Ideally, the kids would have ignored him and walked away. ...

Phillips, on the other hand, is an adult, and he repeatedly lied about what happened to the Washington Post, which was utterly taken in by him and reported everything he said uncritically.
Friday he waded into a group of Covington students, evidently hoping to troll a response out of them suitable for a viral video. According to the Washington Post, Phillips, 64, said that he felt threatened by the teens and that they swarmed around him as he and other activists were wrapping up the march and preparing to leave. This is a lie. They didn’t swarm around him. He strolled right into the middle of their group:

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Elspeth at CU has posted a lot about this over there, in addition to the things posted here.  Worth a read.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Elspeth at CU has posted a lot about this over there, in addition to the things posted here.  Worth a read.

Here is the link.
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?94843-The-Truth-about-the-Lincoln-Memorial-Incident-(Catholic-School-Boys-Doxed-yesterday)

I saw the video in question and body language of the teenager clearly showed there was more to it.

Kentucky student seen in viral confrontation with Native American speaks out
https://www.foxnews.com/us/kentucky-student-seen-in-viral-confrontation-with-native-american-speaks-out

The Kentucky high school student seen in a viral video standing-face-to-face with a Native American protester at a Washington rally spoke out for the first time Sunday evening, claiming in a statement that he and his classmates were taunted by a group of African-American protesters and saying that he and his family had received death threats.

Nick Sandmann, a junior at Covington Catholic High School, said he was "mortified that so many people have come to believe something that did not happen -- that students from my school were chanting or acting in a racist fashion toward African Americans or Native Americans. I did not do that, do not have hateful feelings in my heart and did not witness any of my classmates doing that."

The students initially were accused of mocking a Native American participant in the Indigenous Peoples March, which coincided with the March for Life. A snippet of video from the apparent confrontation quickly gained traction on social media, with many condemning the students -- some of whom were wearing "Make America Great Again" apparel -- and some calling for them to be identified and harassed. The Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington and the high school issued a joint statement apologizing to the activist, identified as Nathan Phillips Saturday.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 03:07:33 PM by Ptarmigan »
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline GOP Congress

In the future, if you come to a juicy DU post that you have a good idea is NOT going to last, do the following:

1. Open up new tab or, better yet, new browser window.
2. In new browser window, navigate to https://archive.org/web/
3. On the right side of the webpage, look for "Save Page Now" with a box that looks like this:

4. Copy url from the DU post.
5. Past url into the text box and click "SAVE PAGE" button.
6. You may have to wait a few seconds, sometimes even a minute or two, but once it's done, the page is forever archived. Make sure you copy the archive link and keep it handy in case MIRT takes down the live shot.

That's it!
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Muddling 2

It's amazing, that after the full truth has come out, that the DUmp is doubling and tripling down on the lie.

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
In the future, if you come to a juicy DU post that you have a good idea is NOT going to last, do the following:

1. Open up new tab or, better yet, new browser window.
2. In new browser window, navigate to https://archive.org/web/
3. On the right side of the webpage, look for "Save Page Now" with a box that looks like this:

4. Copy url from the DU post.
5. Past url into the text box and click "SAVE PAGE" button.
6. You may have to wait a few seconds, sometimes even a minute or two, but once it's done, the page is forever archived. Make sure you copy the archive link and keep it handy in case MIRT takes down the live shot.

That's it!

It is good for Tweets and other postings.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
CJ Pearson

Verified account

@thecjpearson
Follow Follow @thecjpearson
More
We’re getting new submissions every 30 seconds. Every member of the media who defamed, slandered, and doxxed the #CovingtonBoys on Twitter will be served.

Each and every tweet will be archived and turned over to the students’ legal counsel.
0:01
2:33 PM - 20 Jan 2019

https://twitter.com/thecjpearson/status/1087115979807748096

I see Kathy Griffin listed.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline landofconfusion80

One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Ben Shapiro?!

Likely a troll added him like they did with President Donald Trump.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Lawyer for Covington Catholic HS Families Threatens Lawsuits Against Media Unless They Retract False Stories
https://pjmedia.com/trending/lawyer-for-covington-catholic-hs-families-threatens-lawsuits-against-media-unless-they-retract-false-stories/

Thanks to the sloppy, one-sided reporting of the malicious, agenda-driven media, a group of Catholic high school teenagers and their families have become the subjects of threats and harassment from a hateful online outrage mob. Their only sins? Being white, Catholic, and supporters of the president.

The full story has emerged in the wake of the fake news blitzkrieg over the weekend, and the media outlets that spread defamatory smears against the kids are now being warned to correct and retract their stories or face a lawsuit. Contrary to the media's malicious narrative, the kids were not racist rednecks mobbing a Native American elder with hateful slurs. It was quite the opposite.

Los Angeles-based trial lawyer Robert Barnes offered to represent the Covington families for free should they decide to sue the New York Times.

Let's start with Kathy Griffin.

There is #VerifiedBullies.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 10:46:36 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Another idiot.

She puts her Twitter account to private.  :mental:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline ADsOutburst

It's seemingly impossible to keep track of all the falsehoods being told about the incident:

Covington students attacked a group of black men.
Students confronted Nathan Phillips (it was he who approached them).
Student deliberately obstructed Phillips from leaving.
Students chanted "build the wall" and "MAGA" at Phillips.
Out of context, altered photo of students in 'blackface' at football game.

Not to mention the lack of coverage of the people provoking the Covington students. Now I'm hearing there's a video of kids sitting on a bench chanting "build the wall", but it's a different incident, and it's not clear that it involved the same kids.

The people trying to raise outrage over this incident are telling lies to cover up lies to cover up lies.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 05:45:42 PM by ADsOutburst »

Offline Old n Grumpy

I have seen all the stories condemning those kids, but can't seem to find a story condemning the racist ass holes who were taunting them. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Nate Igor Smith

Verified account

@drivenbyboredom
Follow Follow @drivenbyboredom
More
Replying to @thecjpearson
This is literally bullying. It’s targeted harassment designed to scare and intimidate people.

12:57 PM - 21 Jan 2019
https://twitter.com/drivenbyboredom/status/1087454208016687104

Proof? :sosad:

Another sick freak calling for a school shooting.  :bird:
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ausonius

I have seen all the stories condemning those kids, but can't seem to find a story condemning the racist ass holes who were taunting them. :thatsright:

Welcome to 21st Century Leftist Paradise Amarxica!

Apparently the The Sandmann Family has been found by at least one law firm willing to sue CNN, CBS, ABC, etc.

Barnes told PJ Media that he was working with the families to sue the media outlets that defamed them.

He said that "anyone who doesn't correct and retract" their false smears would be subject to a lawsuit and that updated stories merely indicating "a more complex picture has emerged" would not necessarily be enough.

When asked if such stories would count as a retraction, he replied that it "depends." -PJ Media

See:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-22/covington-maga-kids-lawyer-high-school-closes-after-death-threats

"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
linds
‏@roflinds
Follow Follow @roflinds
More
The Covington Catholic boys harrassed my friends and I before the incident with Nathan Phillips even happened. I'm tired of reading things saying they were provoked by anyone else other than their own egos and ignorance
https://twitter.com/roflinds/status/1087486166939680768

There is a short 8 second video.

The person in question has posted racist Tweets.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du