Author Topic: Why did 8 Republican senators go to Moscow last July 4?  (Read 736 times)

Offline CC27

Why did 8 Republican senators go to Moscow last July 4?
« on: January 14, 2019, 08:06:43 AM »
vlyons (5,484 posts)

Why did 8 Republican senators go to Moscow last July 4?

Clearly Republicans go where the money is, which I guess is mob-ruled Russia. What I want to know is: who came up with the brilliant idea and set this trip up?

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectualist/news/why-did-8-republican-u-s-senators-spend-july-4th-in-moscow-ZeNcDyijN0iJ2ZK7j_q5Mw/?

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100211667887

Mavenroundtable? What source that is.

Offline SVPete

Re: Why did 8 Republican senators go to Moscow last July 4?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 08:40:43 AM »
The trip wasn't exactly secret:

GOP senators visited Moscow on July 4, warned Russia against meddling in 2018 election: report

A group of GOP lawmakers spent July 4 in Moscow after several days of meetings with Russian officials, according to NPR.

The group, which included seven Republican senators and one House member, was the first congressional delegation to visit Russia since the country’s annexation of Crimea in 2014.

The GOP lawmakers, Sen. Richard Shelby (Ala.), Steve Daines (Mont.), John Thune (S.D.), John Kennedy (La.), Jerry Moran (Kan.) and John Hoeven (N.D.), and Rep. Kay Granger (R-Texas), spent July 4 in Moscow’s U.S. Embassy, NPR reported.

The trip comes amid bilateral planning between the U.S. and Russia for next month’s sit-down between President Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin.
The lawmakers reportedly discussed Russian influence in U.S. elections during their meetings over the past week, but Moran told The Associated Press that every Russian official they spoke to denied the Kremlin's involvement.

Nor particularly difficult to find news reports via search engine, which I did.

The trip was publicly known, with some common sense purposes, but I'm sure DUpipo are deep enough into the Trump-Russia Collusion Fantasy-Narrative that they'll be untroubled by facts.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 09:50:48 AM »
And the DUmmy even screwed up their own thread title.  They aren't all Senators.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 10:17:57 AM »
And the DUmmy even screwed up their own thread title.  They aren't all Senators.
Even got the number wrong, 7 not 8 (6 senators and 1 rep).
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 11:33:07 AM »

Even got the number wrong, 7 not 8 (6 senators and 1 rep).

DU member vlyons seems to have fallen for a clickbait article, and used the article title for the thread title (which is something I normally do when starting a thread). Clickbait fake news articles play fast and loose with facts, even when they aren't false-flag troll pieces. False-flag or Prog deceiver, vlyons fell for clickbait fake news.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 06:26:57 PM »
Response to vlyons (Original post)Mon Jan 14, 2019, 06:43 AM
Squinch (26,629 posts)
16. This this this!!!
Lol lol lol!!!

Response to vlyons (Original post)Mon Jan 14, 2019, 07:06 AM
Star Member NightWatcher (35,899 posts)
19. Wonder if DOJ looked into any of them as possibility being Russian assets.

I hear they do these investigations on high ranking pols who act fishy
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 06:49:22 PM »
Did pre-DUmmyland DUmmies care that Fat Teddy and Democrats met with Russians often.   Not sure of Fat Teddy, but is called international diplomacy.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender