Author Topic: primitive bounces a long but entertaining tale  (Read 680 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitive bounces a long but entertaining tale
« on: January 12, 2019, 06:36:32 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211662799

Oh my.

Glamrock (7,105 posts)     Sat Jan 12, 2019, 05:09 PM

Maaaaan! Did I **** with some Trumpeters this week.

Hotel breakfast. Horrible I know. Anyway, three blue collar work guys at the next table. One of em said something about "Democrats don't get we need a wall" or something.

I kinda snickered and shook my head.

Guy 1: What? I guess you don't think we need a wall either.

And here is where the fun starts. Cue Glamrock. Long haired, blue collar white dude. Clad in denim top to bottom (i love my wrangler snap button western shirts). Complete with knife and scissor pouch hanging off belt to prove blue collar bonifides. Doing his best "conservative" impression. From here on, I'll post the gist of the conversation. I'd rather not discuss me telling them I fully support MAGA, etc......

Me: Listen. It'll sure help. I mean, sure. It's not really going to stop the drugs from coming in. Hell. President Trump (and that's when I had to swallow the vomit at the back of my throat. First time I ever said it). His very own DEA said most of the drugs come in by port.

Guy 2: Yeah but, I...

Me: Right!? I mean, sure. A ****load are gonna go over. That's a given. And a metric **** ton are going underneath. And a few will go through. All you need is fertilizer. Which is why it's going to cost billions of taxpayer dollars a year to maintain. Which is cool. President Trump (wretch again) said Mexico would pay for it. He didn't say Mexico would maintain it. We all knew it would cost tens and tens of billions to maintain right?

Group: Grumble, mutter, I, well, ya, know, never thought of that.... (Ooooo. A chink in the armor.)

Me: And we know most illegal immigration is people overstaying their visas, sure. But that's not the point. Right? It's about the symbolism. It's a message. Sure, the Democrats wanting to fund more port security would help with the drug problem. And funding more border security to hire more and build more outposts would be just as effective. But the symbolism is soooo important.

Group: (Confused, tentative agreement) Weellll. Yeah. But...

Me: But here's why I'm against it. If Mexico is paying for it? Cool. But if I gotta spend my tax dollars? I want what's cheapest and most effective. You can do a lot of security for 60 billion. And 5 to 10 bill a year, yeah?

Guy 2: Yeah but, it'll help.

Me: Of course it will. It'll keep out the laziest, ya know, which is good. But you are looking at this all wrong.

Guy 1: How so?

Me: We all know the media and the deep state and the Dems are working hard to bring him down. And it ain't looking good. There's criminal investigations into his charity, his business, his campaign, his inauguration committee, and his administration. It ain't looking good.

Group: yeah, not fair, Obama, grumble, mutter.

I'm now packing up my trash. Putting on my coat etc. But here's the best part.

Guy 3: But what does that have to do with the wall?

Me: What does a wall do?

Guy 1: It keeps people out! (With a look of pride reminiscent of the guy in Quest For The Holy Grail answering "no! Wood floats!)

Me: And?

Guy 3? Whadaya mean?

Me: Got a dog?

Guy 3: Yeah.

Me: Does your fence keep people out, or the dog in?

Guy 3: Well, both.

Me: Exactly! You think I want my tax dollars going to fence me in when President Chelsea Clinton gets her claws on Obama's FEMA camps? Better get on the horn to your people and tell em not to vote for it. I'm just saying. Well, have a good one fellas. Be safe.

I turned and walked out of the breakfast area to silence from the table. It was all I could do not to burst out laughing as the terrified, dawning horror on their faces hinted at the turmoil of the dueling conspiracies that was going on just under the surface.

I'm sure it did nothing to change their minds. As soon as they got in the truck and put on AM radio, they were reprogrammed. Sure was fun though!

hueymahl (1,757 posts)      Sat Jan 12, 2019, 06:27 PM

20. Enjoyed that!

Great story. Even if it’s not true (and I hope it is), it’s a great story.

Glamrock (7,105 posts)      Sat Jan 12, 2019, 06:50 PM

22. Totally true.

And not sure if I should be offended....

NurseJackie (21,008 posts)      Sat Jan 12, 2019, 06:37 PM

21. That happened?

The primitive compliments--of which there's many--remind me of the way the snobbish elitist lorgnette-and-pearls crowd over at DU Jr. gurgles and chuckles when they think they've "shown" or otherwise topped someone from the decent and civilized side.

Yeah, yeah, sure, sure.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Delmar

Re: primitive bounces a long but entertaining tale
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 06:42:31 PM »
Me: Exactly! You think I want my tax dollars going to fence me in when President Chelsea Clinton gets her claws on Obama's FEMA camps? Better get on the horn to your people and tell em not to vote for it. I'm just saying. Well, have a good one fellas. Be safe.

This is my favorite passage in this bouncy.  President Chelsea Clinton using the wall to keep us from fleeing.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 07:25:34 PM »
No applause?  Barely even remotely a plausible bouncy.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 12:03:40 PM »
And then an illegal invader jumped out of the bush!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 03:00:36 PM »
Cue Glamrock. Long haired, blue collar white dude.

Sounds just like a left wing faggot. :thatsright:

He needs a knife & scissors to be joe cool. :thatsright: :mental: :loser: :loser: :loser:

ass hole!
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!