Author Topic: it's never enough for gnomish Dave  (Read 2052 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
it's never enough for gnomish Dave
« on: January 07, 2019, 08:42:59 AM »
An overview: some months ago gnomish Dave, one of Omaha Steve's pals on the jackpine message board and in charge of the poverty and despair forum there, applied for the social security disability where one doesn't need to have paid into the fund beforehand, based upon five different mental "issues."

Gnomish Dave is in his thirties, has a former wife (or girlfriend) and a child, both of them subsisting on welfare because he wouldn't take care of them.  The guy went out and had a kid before he considered going out and getting a job. 

It's not as if he hasn't worked before--his "handicaps" are strictly mental, not physical--for the longest time he was night desk clerk at a hotel in the wilds of northernmost Maine, and he actually wrote some pretty good, print-worthy tales about his night-time customers when he was still on Skins's island.  Apparently the woods of northern Maine harbor some pretty interesting, Stephen-King-like phenomenons.

Anyway, so he applied for a ticket aboard the disability gravy train a couple of times, and was turned down.  This time around he was approved.  This continues after he speaks his piece.

https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/more-ssi-issues/

David the Gnome     December 31, 2018 at 9:17 AM

So, a few weeks ago the social security administration completed my final interview.  This was in order to determine the amount of backpay I would receive – and monthly payment amounts.

I was told that – as my dad is going to be charging me rent now – my payments would be 750.  Checked online – site shows 514.  Got a letter from them that said 490.

I called on Friday to figure out what was going on.  ” Do you pay rent?”( I definitely wasnt imagining the lady’s condescending tone, her irritation at my questions.

“I havent been, mam, but as I explained to your colleague, my dad will be charging me 255 now that I have an income.  I was told my payment would be 750… just confused.”

“A representative will have to call you back.”  I thanked her and asked if she could tell me anything about when backpay would arrive.

Worlds most exasperated sigh, followed by “it’s still pending.”  Well, mam, what does that mean? “That’s its STILL PENDING.  Thank you, goodbye.”

Naturally no one called me back Friday, so preparing for today’s phone scuffle.  I’m thrilled to get any money at all – but on 514 I’m not going to be able to pay much rent, or move, or much of anything else.

If he thinks the Social Security Administration moves fast, gnomish Dave has a different think coming.

Not everybody gets the speedy service franksolich got, but of course franksolich had paid for his in advance, since he was fourteen years old.

David the Gnome     December 31, 2018 at 9:37 AM

Round one…

Called and discussed my situation with a lady who was actually very nice.  She transferred me through to someone who would have the paperwork my father sent.  Got voice mail.

Gave my name, number, brief description of my issue.  Will give them a few hours* to call before calling them again.  I am doing my absolute best to be polite and respectful, maybe that will help, maybe not.

The lady’s voice on the answering service had a certain overtone of “Abandon all faith, ye who enter here”

Was nice to talk to someone who’s attitude didnt scream “GO FRACK YOURSELF GNOME!”  But I’m afraid the lady who may or may not call me back will be the other sort.

Guess we’ll see.  Getting a nice person there or at the DMV is like winning the lottery.

*Again, if gnomish Dave thinks the Social Security Administration works fast, he's got another think coming.

Not just anybody gets the prompt service franksolich got, but then on the other hand, not everybody is a nice guy, one of the nicest guys one can ever hope to meet, like franksolich.

David the Gnome     December 31, 2018 at 11:30 AM

The full 771 payments start in April.  Will get first backpay installment some time in January, they said.  Finally got to talk to someone who could help – won the lottery and got another nice person.

Wrote a much longer post that didn’t go through, but that’s the gist of it.  After two years, this thing is finally done.  I think the first book I write (probably a few years from now) will detail the whole experience.

Okay, there was something I'd wondered about, leading me to believe this was all made up, because I'd never heard of social security payments being reduced because of other assistance.

Paul H Mentzer     January 3, 2019 at 6:47 PM

SSI is reduced by any "in kind" assistance you get,

I advise my client, when they live with relatives, to make sure the relative charges them rent, even for months they lived with that relative while waiting to be on SSI.  Thus your father should tell SSA that he has been charging you rent for the months and years you have been waiting to be on SSI.  I recommend $200 a month going back two to three years.  SSA is only concerned about what you have BEEN CHARGED not what you have paid.l   Thus get your father to send you a bill for $200 a month for at least the last three years.

Remember Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is reduced by any other source of income.  This is NOT true of Social Security Disability only SSI.   That income can include “in kind” assistance as in NOT being charged Rent,  This does not mean you have to pay your father, it is important that he tells SSA that he has been and will continue to charge you rent.   Thus tell him to go back years, for if he does not the SSI you are entitled to for the months you were waiting to be ruled to be disabled will be reduced by what he does NOT charge you.   Thus the comments of $450 a month instead of $750 a month.   The difference is the amount of “In kind” care your received in the form on not being charged rent.  Get your father to state he wants his rent money and make him demand it from YOU.  You can then take that letter to SSA to show you were charged for that rent even if you did not pay it.

Well, I was wrong; my apologies to gnomish Dave for disbelieving his story.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Re: it's never enough for gnomish Dave
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 08:53:18 AM »
Okay, now how long does one think it'll be, before he starts griping all this free money isn't enough?

It never is, for such people.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 09:24:45 AM »
I suspected from his first post that the difference might have to do with paying rent to his father - probably the difference would have gone to the father, basically making sure the "landlord" got paid. If I understood Paul H Mentzer's post correctly, that is what would have happened, but the landlord is allowed to waive direct payments.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 10:25:42 AM »
Okay, now how long does one think it'll be, before he starts griping all this free money isn't enough?

It never is, for such people.

but on 514 I’m not going to be able to pay much rent, or move, or much of anything else.

Based on this quote I suspect you are correct coach.  He is looking for a lifetime paid vacation of travel and weed on our dime.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 11:23:10 AM »
Based on this quote I suspect you are correct coach.  He is looking for a lifetime paid vacation of travel and weed on our dime.

And he's not paying rent on that $514; the rent's already been taken out of his higher original amount.

So the $514 is totally discretionary income.

But stay tuned; he'll insist some time that it's not enough.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 11:51:39 AM »
Now this brings up an interesting point.  There is no bounty on welfare cheats per se but there is a reward for income tax evaders.   In other words won't pop have to pay on rental income or risk being turned in?   :rotf:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 12:05:22 PM »
Now this brings up an interesting point.  There is no bounty on welfare cheats per se but there is a reward for income tax evaders.   In other words won't pop have to pay on rental income or risk being turned in?   :rotf:

I'm pretty sure pop, who's a public relations agent for a hospital in northern Maine is a straight arrow, unlike his son.

Which used to render gnomish Dave's whining about a lack of medical care not credible, not believable.  His immediate male ancestor works for a hospital, and most surely years and decades ago established "connections" with medical professionals there, and so while gnomish Dave didn't get what one would call regular or routine medical care, he surely had access to it if in dire need of it.....which is a situation better than that of many others, including people working for their living.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 12:11:52 PM »
Can someone remind me what his disability is again? Laziness?
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 12:30:29 PM »

PTSD from being told no once.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 12:49:13 PM »

Mumble-mumble-bipolar-mumble-depression-mumble-dickhead.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 03:04:01 PM »

davidthegnome (2618 posts)    April 27, 2018 at 8:36 am

I finally got a real diagnosis.

It occurred to me yesterday – as I was driving the 80 some miles to meet with a Psychologist – that I had never had a full psych eval.  It took me nearly half a year, even with medicaid, to set it up, but, yesterday, finally, I got one.  I learned some interesting things about myself – that I had suspected for quite a while but never really been quite sure of.  Funny, I never knew you could have all of these separate disorders, but here it is:

1. Bipolar 2 (less extreme highs and lows, more depressive than bipolar 1 – which is how most people think of bipolar disorder – mania, etc.)

2. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (Yep, I knew that one)

3. Social Anxiety Disorder

4. General Anxiety Disorder

5. Agoraphobia

By themselves, any one of these is considered serious enough for medication and therapy, but all together?  Well, I guess I won some kind of genetic/biophysical lottery or something, because damn I’m messed up.  The good news is – according to the psychologist who performed the evaluation (very strictly following the DSM 5 criteria) – I almost certainly qualify for SSI.  Doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll get it – but according to the guidelines, I should.

Over the years, a couple of people had suggested bipolar to me, but I never really thought it possible, because I thought of bipolar disorder as more…. well, extreme.  Apparently it doesn’t have to be.  There is mania and what they call hypomania, I think.  I’ve got the latter, once a month or so, when I feel more optimistic, positive, listen to uplifting music and such (what my sisters call sappy love songs).

What is also interesting… is that the social security administration did not set me up with a psych eval.  Basically, there was a significant lack of evidence for a decision for or against – but now it’s all there on paper.

On the one hand, I’m glad that that’s done, that I know more about myself now – that I have a much better chance of winning SSI.  On the other….

I wonder at the difference between something being caused by life events and circumstances as opposed to what one is born with.  We can be born, for instance, with genetic predispositions that make it more likely that we will have depression or anxiety disorders – but five together?  I mean, I’m glad I didn’t get the really fun ones like schizophrenia, reactive attachment disorder and shit like that, but…

There's more, lots more to his essay, but never mind.

It's just the usual "scared of other people" junk, for which there's an easy simple one-time cure.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 03:28:01 PM »
On the one hand, I’m glad that that’s done, that I know more about myself now – that I have a much better chance of winning SSI.

This should tell you all you need to know about this DUmmie.  :censored:

Forgot to mention that it knows what is in your best interest and is allowed to vote. :censored: :censored:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 04:09:24 PM »

Liberalism.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 05:22:56 PM »
Paul H Mentzer -- This sounds like insurance fraud -- BIG TIME.  Backdating fake rent receipts?  Crime.

Do we have the RL info on this person to turn them into the SSI?  Is this his real name???

Time to DOX!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 06:08:28 PM »
This sounds like insurance fraud -- BIG TIME.  Backdating fake rent receipts?  Crime.

Well now, I'm no attorney, but I suspect this is actually legit.  A bill (the rent) was incurred; whether or not it was actually paid is another matter altogether.

I doubt this is the case any more, on something slightly different, but there was a time physicians and attorneys got ripped off, big time, by our income tax system; they were required to report all income--whatever they billed their patients and clients--as actual income and pay the income taxes on that "income," whether or not their patients or clients actually paid them.

I think however it would be good for the ex-wife or ex-girlfriend to go after him for child support, although I doubt a monthly social security check for circa $500 would warrant much garnishment.  I dunno.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 01:33:53 PM »

I think however it would be good for the ex-wife or ex-girlfriend to go after him for child support, although I doubt a monthly social security check for circa $500 would warrant much garnishment.  I dunno.

Those back-checks would be a nice surprise for her and the kid, though.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 08:08:08 AM »
Those back-checks would be a nice surprise for her and the kid, though.

Yes they would.  This guy sounds like a tick.  Just riding on the back of the deer waiting for the deer to eat so he can get the nutrients he needs off the back of the hard working deer.  And they wonder why we have a problem paying out this stuff.  Guy can post on internet message boards but can't do honest work.  What a bunch of bunk.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen