Author Topic: DUmpmonkiez Pissed that President Speaks...  (Read 978 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
DUmpmonkiez Pissed that President Speaks...
« on: January 07, 2019, 10:08:56 PM »
Star Member brooklynite (47,687 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211638768

BREAKING: Broadcast networks will cover Trump's speech

DUmpmonkiez are frothing in rage over the President taking his case to the people...

Star Member thucythucy (4,372 posts)

13. I just saw a former Obama official on MSNBC

who said President Obama made a major speech on immigration reform, wanted it to be broadcast, and the networks refused to carry it because it was "too partisan." He said if the networks needed an excuse not to broadcast Trump, they could say they were simply being consistent. But no, Trump gets immediate access to all three major networks (as well as Fox, of course).

Hence my comment.

yes- the left is still saying the media was anti-o'barry...

dlk (3,158 posts)

3. It's About Profits and Guaranteed Audiences for Advertisers

:???:  there are commercials during the POTUS speeches?

Star Member Blue_true (10,701 posts)

6. Not a problem as long as his claims get fact checked and reported.

I am one that believe that the more Trump is on tv now, the more he hurts republicans and himself.
He is just a chronic liar whose lies are rather easily refuted. The election of 2018 showed that has become a liability for republicans and in 2020, for him.

My biggest concern with Trump is that coming into the election of 2020, he allows a largescale attack on this country to happen, one that he had information on and could have stopped, all done under the assumption that it helps him, and I am afraid that it would if he is running against anyone but Joe Biden. A person can say that US Intelligence will out him to the American public, but he did meet privately with Putin and as far as we know, US Intelligence did nothing to find out what was going on in the meeting.

Star Member uponit7771 (51,116 posts)

9. This is disgusting, they are doing the nation a disservice and they know it

Star Member uponit7771 (51,116 posts)

17. Giving him a platformed to be fact checked on is a waste of time. THEY KNOW it's for political means

... and not because of a real national emergency.

Now when a ... TRUE ... emergency comes what are they doing to do?

Play him so more so people think he's lying

They didn't give Obama this courtesy, they should be consistent.

Response to brooklynite (Original post)Mon Jan 7, 2019, 08:58 PM
Ferrets are Cool (4,148 posts)

25. **** them all. Cowards

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
Re: DUmpmonkiez Pissed that President Speaks...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 01:33:59 AM »
triron (10,008 posts)

7. Guess I won't be watching any of them Tuesday evening.

Don't pay attention to evil attention getters.

Wow, that's a lie. I'll bet this DUmbass tunes in whenever Obama, HilLIARy, Pelosi, Schumer, Biden or any other Dem bigwig is in front of a camera.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 06:24:54 AM »
DUmpmonkiez are frothing in rage over the President taking his case to the people...

yes- the left is still saying the media was anti-o'barry...

:???:  there are commercials during the POTUS speeches?

Usually the Shamwow pitch takes place after the President speaks when Demonrats give the rebuttal from the flavor of the day, hopefully it will be Ocasional Cortex the voice of the party.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 08:27:36 AM »
The Alphabet Soupers can run "My Mother the Car" re-runs instead for all I care. The Soupers blacked out quite a few Reagan event during his second term. But unlike Reagan, Trump bypasses the Soupers with Twitter, and Fox is much less likely to join their black-out, effectively breaking it. Maybe the Alphabet Soupers did those mental calculations and decided the risk of reduced audience through the rest of the speech night was too great.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 09:23:05 AM »
Star Member Blue_true (10,701 posts)

6. Not a problem as long as his claims get fact checked and reported.

I am one that believe that the more Trump is on tv now, the more he hurts republicans and himself.
He is just a chronic liar whose lies are rather easily refuted. The election of 2018 showed that has become a liability for republicans and in 2020, for him.

My biggest concern with Trump is that coming into the election of 2020, he allows a largescale attack on this country to happen, one that he had information on and could have stopped, all done under the assumption that it helps him, and I am afraid that it would if he is running against anyone but Joe Biden. A person can say that US Intelligence will out him to the American public, but he did meet privately with Putin and as far as we know, US Intelligence did nothing to find out what was going on in the meeting.
The LIHOP/MIHOP CT crowd at the DUmp are praying for something to happen just to be relevant again.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 04:52:03 PM »
dlk (3,158 posts)

3. It's About Profits and Guaranteed Audiences for Advertisers

Not at all, they are giving him 8 minutes so they can mock and berate him for the next 2 weeks non stop.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Delmar

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 07:33:28 PM »
Response to brooklynite (Original post)Mon Jan 7, 2019, 08:30 PM
TheCowsCameHome (36,494 posts)
15. That's why DVD's and PBS were invented

You could not pay me to watch that jerk

PBS News Hour will be carrying President Trump's Prime Time Immigration Address.  Suck on that, CowsCameHome.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 08:49:26 PM »
Response to brooklynite (Original post)Mon Jan 7, 2019, 08:58 PM
Ferrets are Cool (4,148 posts)

25. **** them all. Cowards

Butthurt? :yawn:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du