Author Topic: primitives discuss Bob Dylan  (Read 1131 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives discuss Bob Dylan
« on: January 06, 2019, 07:57:52 PM »
Skins's island, as it has been the past three years, is as boring as Hell today.

But anyway, a primitive noticed one of franksolich's favorite youtubes, although mislabeling it as from 1965 when the first time I saw it, was alleged to be from 1964, and to me it looks more 1964ish than 1965ish.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10181166671

appalachiablue (18,862 posts)

Dylan 'Mr. Tambourine Man' Live Newport Folk Festival, 1965.

https://youtu.be/OeP4FFr88SQ

Pete Seeger introduces Dylan to the crowd.

The reason this fascinates me is that it shows how much America's changed the past fifty or so years, mostly in the waistline department.  These people look absolutely anoxeric when compared with today's primitives. 

Also, the one black dude in it is neatly dressed and offers the MrsCorpio primitive an example of how to get along with other people instead of being hostile to them all the time.

Ah, the good old days of fit-and-trim, well-mannered people.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: primitives discuss Bob Dylan
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 11:33:45 PM »
Skins's island, as it has been the past three years, is as boring as Hell today.

But anyway, a primitive noticed one of franksolich's favorite youtubes, although mislabeling it as from 1965 when the first time I saw it, was alleged to be from 1964, and to me it looks more 1964ish than 1965ish.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10181166671

The reason this fascinates me is that it shows how much America's changed the past fifty or so years, mostly in the waistline department.  These people look absolutely anoxeric when compared with today's primitives. 

Also, the one black dude in it is neatly dressed and offers the MrsCorpio primitive an example of how to get along with other people instead of being hostile to them all the time.

Ah, the good old days of fit-and-trim, well-mannered people.....

20 year olds in 1965 grew up after WW2. Their parent grew up during the Depression and so they all lived very frugal compared to the kids who grew up in the 70s and 80s... let alone the 90's and 00's...

I grew up in the last half of the 60s and my folks talked about having just enough food to get by. My dad talks about his mom taking them to school in a horse and buggy to the one room school house...

Of course, he grew up in the country- 20 miles away from the closest town. The area wasn't settled until jut at the turn of the century and even now it's a whole lot of nothing much... great cattle land... and that's about it.

If you know me on facebook I just dropped 160 photos on my last trip out that way... if not... eh..

:loser:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 08:00:09 PM »

I've noticed that as well.  Maybe they all finally committed suicide?  Or more likely they are all locked up in mental health facility.

Nowdays the dump is... well a dump.  Crying shame.  The entertainment value was great back in the days of GW Bush. Nothing on TV? No problem!  Go check out the dump and spend hours laughing at the utter stupidity.  Now? Now it is like a seedy hotel,  its glory days long past, carpet worn and bare, smell of puke in the air, inhabited exclusively by denizens, lowlifes, drug users and whores.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 08:54:20 AM »
I've noticed that as well.  Maybe they all finally committed suicide?  Or more likely they are all locked up in mental health facility.

Nowdays the dump is... well a dump.  Crying shame.  The entertainment value was great back in the days of GW Bush. Nothing on TV? No problem!  Go check out the dump and spend hours laughing at the utter stupidity.  Now? Now it is like a seedy hotel,  its glory days long past, carpet worn and bare, smell of puke in the air, inhabited exclusively by denizens, lowlifes, drug users and whores.

Well, consider the median age over there is around 68, the median weight is 280 and the median IQ is 72 and that explains a lot.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7