Author Topic: Kamala Harris instroduces a tax cut bill for "middle class" - Hilarity ensues  (Read 1077 times)

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
They can't make up their minds if they should cheer that cut they've been screeching didn't exist (even though it does), or if they should follow the "we need to tax MORE" line of communist arguments...

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211620941

Thu Jan 3, 2019, 05:59 PM
Star Member babylonsister (159,453 posts)

Sen. Kamala Harris Immediately Introduces Middle Class Tax Cut Bill
https://www.politicususa.com/2019/01/03/sen-kamala-harris-immediately-introduces-middle-class-tax-cut-bill.html

Posted on Thu, Jan 3rd, 2019 by Jason Easley
Sen. Kamala Harris Immediately Introduces Middle Class Tax Cut Bill

Democrats are moving quickly on the first day of the new Congress as Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) has reintroduced legislation to cut taxes for the middle class.
According to Sen. Harris’s office, The LIFT the Middle-Class Act would:

hehehe...
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Response to babylonsister (Original post)Thu Jan 3, 2019, 06:17 PM
manor321 (1,858 posts)

1. I'm confused
Republicans have created a massive deficit. How can we just cut taxes? Cutting taxes is a Republican thing. Why are we trying to compete by cutting taxes? Does this bill end the tax cuts on the rich and corporations? Otherwise this is weak sauce. It reinforces the Republicans' message.

Response to manor321 (Reply #1)Thu Jan 3, 2019, 07:20 PM
Star Member Hermit-The-Prog (4,713 posts)

10. no
Republicans cut taxes for the rich.
This bill attempts to take the burden for that off of those the Republicans want to surreptitiously crush. Republicans can either pass it or reveal to the majority of voters exactly who they are.
Recovering the Republican kickback to ultra-rich can come later.

Response to Hermit-The-Prog (Reply #10)Thu Jan 3, 2019, 08:03 PM
In It to Win It (563 posts)

18. I think Republicans will take it and then take the victory lap...
and then complain about how the deficit is growing.

And here's one who can't count.. are they REALLY this damned stupid?
Response to CentralMass (Reply #2)Thu Jan 3, 2019, 06:30 PM
Star Member safeinOhio (15,029 posts)

4. How about taking back
those huge tax breaks for the rich and big business? As it is now, is little folks are footing the bill for them.

And THIS precious little commie thinks 37% (double what he pays) isn't enough... paying 37% is being "a parasite"
Response to SoCalNative (Reply #7)Thu Jan 3, 2019, 07:16 PM
PSPS (7,758 posts)

9. "Plenty of taxes"

Let's see. Using 2018 tables:

100K taxable income = 18% federal income tax
The median income in the country is about 50K = 14% federal income tax
1 million taxable income = 34% federal income tax
"Plenty" is a rather subjective term but the above rates don't seem onerous to me at all.
The top tax bracket is a mere 37% in 2018 while, in 1981, it was 70%. Using inflation-adjusted figures for the above:
36K (100K today) taxable income = 30% federal income tax; while
396K (1 million today) taxable income = 64% federal income tax

The above makes it quite obvious that it's a silly notion to promote a "middle-class tax cut." It's not needed. Instead, the parasite class has to start paying their fair share to support their own country.

Sometimes I do wonder if as a country we deserve to go the way of the DoDo bird. We have nearly half of the country thinking like and supporting communist ideals. I suspect that one day they will get the remainder of their wishes, and that will be the end of what was once the most prosperous and free country on the planet.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Sometimes I do wonder if as a country we deserve to go the way of the DoDo bird. We have nearly half of the country thinking like and supporting communist ideals. I suspect that one day they will get the remainder of their wishes, and that will be the end of what was once the most prosperous and free country on the planet.

When you look at the latest group of dummies elected to congress it makes you wonder who it is that they represent and if they are an image of their constituiencies, we are really in trouble.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DumbAss Tanker

The DUmpchump talking about the 'Good old days' of 70% tax rates omits to mention what a tremendous drag it as on the economy, and the huge off-the-books economy it created in every profession that could get away with it.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
The DUmpchump talking about the 'Good old days' of 70% tax rates omits to mention what a tremendous drag it as on the economy, and the huge off-the-books economy it created in every profession that could get away with it.

well, it is just a glimpse into the mind of a communist.
when you ASK them what percentage they think is "fair", they will never answer. Apparently that number is 70% or higher.
And that is why these cretins need to be vanquished

Offline freedumb2003b

The whore tax?
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline jukin

when you ASK them what percentage they think is "fair", they will never answer.

But in private, around fellow communists and fascists it is 100%.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are

But in private, around fellow communists and fascists it is 100%.

well, it's 100% for anyone but THEM... in which case it is zero

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
Im confused.
The DUmmies want more taxes, but hate:

The police

The military

Rising gas costs (sort-of)

Paying taxes owed

Talk about "not in their own best interest......"

:thatsright:

THEY DON'T WORK
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline I_B_Perky

Response to SoCalNative (Reply #7)Thu Jan 3, 2019, 07:16 PM
PSPS (7,758 posts)

9. "Plenty of taxes"

Let's see. Using 2018 tables:

100K taxable income = 18% federal income tax
The median income in the country is about 50K = 14% federal income tax
1 million taxable income = 34% federal income tax
"Plenty" is a rather subjective term but the above rates don't seem onerous to me at all.
The top tax bracket is a mere 37% in 2018 while, in 1981, it was 70%. Using inflation-adjusted figures for the above:
36K (100K today) taxable income = 30% federal income tax; while
396K (1 million today) taxable income = 64% federal income tax

The above makes it quite obvious that it's a silly notion to promote a "middle-class tax cut." It's not needed. Instead, the parasite class has to start paying their fair share to support their own country.

This dummie actually nails it but not like it thinks.  The parasite class are all those on welfare, not the rich. Cut welfare 75 percent and the deficits goes down considerably.  Not to mention Tayquanisha will have to get off her lazy ass and work to support her 12 bastard children thus joining the ranks of us taxpayers.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Response to Hermit-The-Prog (Reply #10)Thu Jan 3, 2019, 08:03 PM
In It to Win It (563 posts)

18. I think Republicans will take it and then take the victory lap...
and then complain about how the deficit is growing.

Small glitch in your post there, Hermie...
The tax cut INCREASED federal revenues...
Yes, republicans will bitch about the deficit, because of all the spending going to worthless POS's like you...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.