Author Topic: UNPREPARED AND OVERWHELMED  (Read 959 times)

Offline Muddling 2

UNPREPARED AND OVERWHELMED
« on: December 30, 2018, 05:48:56 PM »
Trigger warning, this is a very long blog post from "Gun Free Zone".  Don't be put off by the name, it's a pro-RKBA site for those who may not be familiar.

"The Sun Sentinel deserves every award for its coverage of the failures of the Broward County Sheriff’s Office, School Board, and the county administration as a whole following the Parkland Shooting.

The latest report really illustrates the level of failure of the county.  I will post as much as I can here, but you really should see the Sun Sentinel’s interactive map of the shooting.

I will warn you, take a blood thinner before you read this.  I will not be held responsible for any heart attacks or strokes had from the following post.

The very title of the report couldn’t make the situation in Broward any more clear.

UNPREPARED AND OVERWHELMED
Two decades after Columbine and five years after Sandy Hook, educators and police still weren’t ready for Parkland.

Brace yourself, there are no minced words here."

Balance of article at the link: https://gunfreezone.net/unprepared-and-overwhelmed/
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: UNPREPARED AND OVERWHELMED
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 07:57:23 PM »
Peterson should be charged with accessory to murder, complete failure to abide by his oath, and suffer the consequences (severe) if found guilty.

Consequences include significant jail time, complete forfeiture of his pension (all of it being turned over to the victims' families), and incarceration in the general population.

Cruz is gonna die. The tragedy is it will take 20+ years to get through all the legal bullshit.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 05:18:18 PM »
It’s also at Greg Ellifritz’ awesome activeresponsetraining.net with his thoughts.  Greg is a lieutenant in a police department in a suburb of Cincinnati OH.  He’s got some great insights, and I highly recommend his site.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 10:29:53 AM »
You can tell the difference in training in how the Coral Springs Police responded versus how BCSO responded.

I'm betting at some point Parkland will reconsider who they contract with for police services.

That Sheriff's Office Captain and her lack of action or the fact she didn't take command of the scene is just jaw dropping.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0