Author Topic: Trump clashes with Pelosi, Schumer on border security in explosive Oval Office  (Read 1910 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
President Trump clashed Tuesday with Democratic leaders Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi with the cameras rolling in the Oval Office, as the president insisted he's willing to let the government shut down if Congress doesn't approve funding for his U.S.-Mexico border wall.

"If we don't have border security, we'll shut down the government," Trump said.

The highly anticipated sit-down quickly escalated, in public, as Trump allowed the press to attend the beginning of the meeting. Trump started by repeatedly telling Pelosi, the House Democratic leader, that what she's proposing would not pass the Senate.

Schumer then raised his voice as he claimed the Senate could pass measures to keep the government running regardless.

"If it's not good [on] border security, I won't take it," Trump shot back.

Pelosi and Schumer repeatedly urged the president to take the meeting private, but not before he declared he's "proud to shut down the government for border security" and will "take the mantle."

Pelosi noted, "this has spiraled downwards."

The explosive meeting with Schumer, the Senate minority leader, and Pelosi, the top House Democrat, came hours after Trump threatened Tuesday to have the military “build the remaining sections” of the wall if Congress doesn’t deliver the funding. Vice President Mike Pence was also in attendance.

As Trump began discussing the details of the negotiations, Pelosi said, "I don’t think you should have a debate in front of the press."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-meets-with-schumer-pelosi-amid-wall-deadlock
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
As Trump began discussing the details of the negotiations, Pelosi said, "I don’t think you should have a debate in front of the press."

The ONLY reason you don't want the press there is because you can't control the narrative in the setting you were in.

Pelosi and Schumer want say one thing behind closed doors out of distance of the microphones...then rush to the mics and lie about what was said to shape the argument.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Yes, but Trump now has them on record regardless of how the media and pundits attempt to spin things.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline DLR Pyro

less than a month ago, pelosi was crowing about how the next congress will have transparancy...

"I have overwhelming support in my caucus to be Speaker of the House," she told reporters last week at the U.S. Capitol. "I happen to think that, at this point, I'm the best person for that."

She has pledged the next Congress will aim for bipartisanship and transparency.

"We are going to be opening this Congress in a very, very open and transparent way to do what we said we were going to do," Pelosi said last week, detailing some of the priorities, including healthcare, minimum wage and shedding light on corruption in Washington.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/20/nancy-pelosi-house-speaker-bid-what-we-know/2073648002/

yet today, she seems to shun transparency...
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Usually when a Lib talks about transparency....they mean just the opposite.

Obama claimed his administration was going to be the most transparent in history.

We see how well that worked out.

Pelosi talks a good game but we have her history of how she runs things...shuts out Republicans and is a dictator when she wields the gavel.

Offline sunsettommy

• Patriot Master
Washington Examiner

2013: All Senate Dems voted to build border fence, kill visa lottery, end chain migration

by Paul Bedard

January 30, 2018 01:19 PM

EXCERPT:

All Senate Democrats united with two independent senators in 2013 to push through a comprehensive immigration reform plan to build a border fence and end “chain migration” and the visa lottery, positions they now oppose because they are in President Trump’s immigration package.
Led by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, 52 Democrats and two independents OK’d the legislation.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/2013-all-senate-dems-voted-to-build-border-fence-kill-visa-lottery-end-chain-migration

==============================================

Schumer SPONSORED that 2013 Senate bill which is similar to what President Trump is proposing.

He and Pelosi are scum of the Earth for their over the top lying partisanship!

Offline Old n Grumpy

Trump put both of them on the hot seat and they didn't like it at all specially pelousy, she is a sneaky, conniving , lying bitch and needs to be shown for how she really is.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Washington Examiner

2013: All Senate Dems voted to build border fence, kill visa lottery, end chain migration

by Paul Bedard

January 30, 2018 01:19 PM

EXCERPT:

All Senate Democrats united with two independent senators in 2013 to push through a comprehensive immigration reform plan to build a border fence and end “chain migration” and the visa lottery, positions they now oppose because they are in President Trump’s immigration package.
Led by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, 52 Democrats and two independents OK’d the legislation.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/2013-all-senate-dems-voted-to-build-border-fence-kill-visa-lottery-end-chain-migration

==============================================

Schumer SPONSORED that 2013 Senate bill which is similar to what President Trump is proposing.

He and Pelosi are scum of the Earth for their over the top lying partisanship!

Too bad Trump didn't mention that during the meeting.  "Interesting shift of position, Chuck. 5 years ago, you sponsored a bill to do just what I'm asking and voted for it.  Did you change because it's better politically?"

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Too bad Trump didn't mention that during the meeting.  "Interesting shift of position, Chuck. 5 years ago, you sponsored a bill to do just what I'm asking and voted for it.  Did you change because it's better politically?"

He'd be wise to bring it up now if he didn't once the camera's turned off

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
He'd be wise to bring it up now if he didn't once the camera's turned off

Can you imagine the heads exploding if he tweeted out that article and saying he wants what Chuck voted for five years ago?  And that is what he is willing to shutdown the gov't for?

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
less than a month ago, pelosi was crowing about how the next congress will have transparancy...
 https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/20/nancy-pelosi-house-speaker-bid-what-we-know/2073648002/

yet today, she seems to shun transparency...

Leftists lie. They lie all the time. Pelousy never met a lie she didn't embrace.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline sunsettommy

• Patriot Master

He did later in a short video presentation by saying that Schumer and democrats were for the wall and all until he Trump took office, then they are now against the wall.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
All well and good that he did it eventually, would have been much better to whip out a tablet in the Oval Office, play the video, and watch Chuck squirm...  INSTANT CLASSIC!