Author Topic: primitives discuss the hoary old white-haired sourassed sourpuss crank  (Read 747 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211474114

Oh my.

Is it primary season already?

Mrs. Overall (5,298 posts)     Mon Nov 26, 2018, 11:09 AM

Bernie Sanders: I will probably run in 2020 if I'm the best candidate to beat Trump

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/418224-bernie-sanders-i-will-run-in-2020-if-it-turns-out-im-the-best-candidate-to

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) said he will probably run for president in 2020 if he is the best candidate to beat President Trump.

"I’m not one of those sons of multimillionaires whose parents told them they were going to become president of the United States," Sanders told New York Magazine. "I don’t wake up in the morning with any burning desire that I have to be president."

"If there’s somebody else who appears who can, for whatever reason, do a better job than me, I’ll work my ass off to elect him or her," he added. "If it turns out that I am the best candidate to beat Donald Trump, then I will probably run.”

Sanders made similar remarks last week, saying his team was "looking at" the possibility of a 2020 run. "It’s a decision that impacts your family," Sanders said on MSNBC's "PoliticsNation with Al Sharpton."

As one might assume, this thread's miles and miles long.

katmondoo (3,888 posts)      Mon Nov 26, 2018, 11:10 AM

1. He didn't do much to end Trump in 2016

empedocles (1,867 posts)    Mon Nov 26, 2018, 11:12 AM

2. Did hurt Dems in 2016?

Adrahil (12,517 posts)      Mon Nov 26, 2018, 11:23 AM

9. I think so, yes

After which the primitive squibble-squabbling gets underway; lots of familiar names on the thread.

redstatebluegirl (4,774 posts)      Mon Nov 26, 2018, 11:27 AM

16. Some states are requiring showing your tax return before they can be on the ballot.

Bernie will never do that, so he isn't running.

^^^well, knowing the way his wife is, I'm not so sure those returns even if released would be accurate; for all we know, they might've been created out of someone's imagination.

As I said elsewhere, if he runs, his campaign manager probably should stock up on some bottles of embalming fluid, the guy's so ancient.
apres moi, le deluge