Author Topic: Fake News is my new pet peeve. Bouncy  (Read 728 times)

Offline CC27

Fake News is my new pet peeve. Bouncy
« on: October 24, 2018, 08:02:02 AM »
Zing Zing Zingbah (5,410 posts)

Fake News is my new pet peeve

A Facebook friend of mine posted an article from BBC News about Trump wanting to back out of nuclear treaty and make more nukes. It was a pretty standard article. You can find just about the same article on any of the major news sites. Some guy (a friend of the friend) posted "BBC News is Fake News". That just set me off. I wasn't mean, but I made it pretty clear that I don't like the random declarations of Fake News all over the place. What evidence did this guy have that the story was fake? None what so ever. I said this whole Fake News thing was started by the president as a way to avoid talking about things he didn't want to talk about and a way for him to be dismissive to anyone who disagrees with him.

Facebook dude posted some graphic that was supposed to prove some vast liberal political conspiracy behind the major news networks. It basically said some reporter from a news organization is married to someone who worked for the Obama admin. Somebody else who works for a news network is related to someone who is a Democrat and some of these people that work for these news organizations even are Democrats themselves. LOL! I told that guy that doesn't prove anything. Everyone is guilty of either knowing or being a Democrat, give me a break. Same can be said for Republicans. I can't believe he thought that was evidence of a conspiracy.

This guy basically doesn't believe anything unless he sees Trump say it on video or he read it from Trump's twitter account. He apparently thinks the official statements from the office of the presidency come from Trump's twitter account. LOL. I didn't have the time to go searching for a video. Not all news stories come with a video. I did post a Fox News story that said pretty much the same thing as the BBC News one. After that he just said "BS" and posted a dumb Trump pic.

Another well meaning woman got involved, but she also didn't get it. She said "Fake News" is just the new way to express yourself. Like it's an exclamation you say when you don't like something. Wow. This is what the Trumpsters think. Anyhow, completely irritating dealing with those people. Thinking things through is not their forte. You can put together a very thorough statement that explains everything. They will still not get it. I went back and blocked the Fake News guy this morning. I tried, but he's unreachable, so bye-bye. I don't need to deal with that on my Facebook. I did give him a real hard time though, so maybe he'll think about me making him look like a fool the next time he even thinks about saying "Fake News". LOL. Doubt it, but it would be nice if I ruined it for him.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211313907

That was lame.

Offline SVPete

Re: Fake News is my new pet peeve. Bouncy
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 09:11:35 AM »
That was lame.

Yeah, I was looking for Zing Zing Zingbah's

I think (s)he's POed at how successfully Trump has hijacked the term the MSM coined to denigrate people who voted for Trump.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 09:13:56 AM »
From the people who only trust MSNBC, and only then if it is Rachel Maddow, or Lawrence O'Donnell, or most of the time Joe Scarborough, but if he steps out of line he's a nazi the next day.

Hey, I feel the same about being called a racist.  It's a word without any meaning anymore.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 12:02:28 PM »
Was anyone disputing we were pulling out of that treaty? At least the DUmmy could have made it believable or thrown in some knowing nods from a cashier or somebody.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke