Author Topic: Kavanaugh seemingly headed for Saturday confirmation in Senate  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Muddling 2

Kavanaugh seemingly headed for Saturday confirmation in Senate
« on: October 05, 2018, 03:23:00 PM »
http://jamiedupree.blog.ajc.com/2018/10/05/kavanaugh-seemingly-headed-for-saturday-confirmation-in-senate/

"Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh won a narrow victory in a first test vote in the Senate on Friday, as a pair of key Senators announced they would support President Donald Trump’s choice for the U.S. Supreme Court, all but guaranteeing that Kavanaugh will be approved by the full Senate on Saturday, capping weeks of a highly charged political confirmation fight on Capitol Hill.

Several hours after the Senate voted 51 to 49 to force an end to debate on the Kavanaugh nomination, Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) went to the floor to announce she would support Kavanaugh in Saturday’s final vote, delivering the key vote for President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee.

Labeling the confirmation process a ‘caricature of a gutter-level political campaign,’ Collins said “special interest groups wrongly whipped their followers into a frenzy” about the Kavanaugh choice.

“One can only hope that the process has hit rock bottom with this Kavanaugh nomination,” Collins said, in a rebuke to vocal opponents of the judge.

Republican Sen. Susan Collins: "Today we have come to the conclusion of a confirmation process that has become so dysfunctional it looks more like a caricature of a gutter-level political campaign than a solemn occasion" pic.twitter.com/xHfRzY5rZI

— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) October 5, 2018

On the issue of sexual misconduct allegations leveled against Kavanaugh by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, Collins said she believes that Ford is the victim of a sexual assault, but says there was simply no corroborating evidence to pin that on the judge. "

Balance of article at the link.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline mrclose

Re: Kavanaugh seemingly headed for Saturday confirmation in Senate
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 03:42:48 PM »
Collins voting to confirm.

Manchin too!

Say hello to Justice Kavanaugh!

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Wingnut

• Just Off Probation
  • What’s it all about boy, elucidate!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 04:57:13 PM »
Lets get'er done!

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 05:28:41 PM »
Amazingly, Collins had a decent delineation of why Kavanaugh should indeed be confirmed: I heard most of her speech, and her piece-by-piece refutation of the Ford testimony was excellent!

One almost thinks there was an offer made to her which she could not refuse  :whistling:   or there was divine intervention   O-)  or she finally found her inner Yankee after Senator Graham dared to be publicly outraged.
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 06:18:31 PM »
The next argument we'll here from the Libs is that he's illegitimate due to the fact that the confirmation vote will end up being so close.

Much in the same way they try to delegitimize any 5-4 decision the court makes.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline mrclose

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 12:31:43 PM »

~ Anonymous

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 02:55:00 PM »
The next argument we'll here from the Libs is that he's illegitimate due to the fact that the confirmation vote will end up being so close.

Much in the same way they try to delegitimize any 5-4 decision the court makes.
Their next argument will be that he is illegitimate because the "nos" actually were ahead at one point.  ::)

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 03:48:05 PM »
WE WON!!! 

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :cheersmate: :cheersmate: :cheersmate: :-) :-) :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Wingnut

• Just Off Probation
  • What’s it all about boy, elucidate!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 04:16:03 PM »
WE WON!!! 

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :cheersmate: :cheersmate: :cheersmate: :-) :-) :-)

RGB...your exit is up next!

Offline mrclose

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2018, 05:58:55 PM »
WASHINGTON --
Brett Kavanaugh has been sworn in as the 114th Supreme Court justice in a private setting Saturday.

https://abc7news.com/politics/brett-kavanaugh-sworn-in-as-114th-united-states-supreme-court-justice-in-private-ceremony/4426964/

~ Anonymous

Offline mrclose

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 06:20:38 PM »

~ Anonymous

Offline compaqxp

• The Canadian
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 06:04:31 AM »
Good stuff.

I've been keeping up with this over the last few weeks and it's been absurd to watch. Even our media couldn't help themselves so I've been hearing the evils of Kavanaugh for a while now.

It's good that seemingly random, unproven allegations from one person didn't have a huge effect on the overall process. He seems like he'll be a good SC judge for you guys overall.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 06:25:16 AM »
Nice to see you again, compaq.  He'll be great for the 2nd Amendment.  I'm looking forward to the wailing and gnashing of teeth coming from he Governor's Mansion in Albany, when the NY 'SAFE Act' gets overturned.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2018, 08:40:28 AM »
Good stuff.

I've been keeping up with this over the last few weeks and it's been absurd to watch. Even our media couldn't help themselves so I've been hearing the evils of Kavanaugh for a while now.

It's good that seemingly random, unproven allegations from one person didn't have a huge effect on the overall process. He seems like he'll be a good SC judge for you guys overall.

Hey, compaq. Glad to see you around these parts again. I think it's been a while, eh?

In no way, shape or form do I believe that these allegations were random. I think there was a defined point at which Ford was coerced, browbeaten, cajoled, and otherwise convinced that this high school "encounter" could very well mean Kavanaugh's name is pulled from the top of the pile and thrown out. And then the leftists would do the same for the next name on the pile.

Leftists live to disrupt, antagonize, thwart, anything and everything connected with Trump. And the really shitty news is the left has buddies ostensibly on the right who help them with that.

But Trump lives on, sticks a finger in their eye, and tweets his victories.

You'd think they'd have a clue, but nope.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 07:25:08 PM »
Their next argument will be that he is illegitimate because the "nos" actually were ahead at one point.  ::)

That wouldn't surprise me either.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0