Author Topic: we're all deplorables now  (Read 1141 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
we're all deplorables now
« on: October 04, 2018, 12:45:28 AM »
https://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/10/03/wall-street-journal-on-brett-kavanaugh-were-all-deplorables-now/

Oh my.

Wall Street Journal on Brett Kavanaugh: ‘We’re All Deplorables Now’

The Wall Street Journal has published a lead editorial Wednesday evening in which it argues the Democrats’ effort to destroy Brett Kavanaugh has reminded anti-Trump conservatives that the left hates them even more than it hates the president.

The Journal further argues that the left has unified Republicans — a seemingly impossible task, given internal divisions over Trump — by reminding them that Democrats’ hatred is not about Trump, but about the raw desire for power at any cost.....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please note ".....the raw desire for power at any cost....."

That's it, that's it exactly. That's all they want.

…..Yet this is precisely why Democrats and the left have set out to destroy Judge Kavanaugh—not in legal philosophy or competence, which they knew was a political loser, but as a human being, a spouse and father.

They need to destroy him personally with accusations but no corroboration, as they tried with Clarence Thomas, so they can deny the open Supreme Court seat to a judicial conservative.....

…..Republicans are well aware of Mr. Trump’s excesses and falsehoods. But they have also come to understand that the resistance to him isn’t rooted in principle or some august call to superior character. They know Democrats nominated Hillary Clinton in 2016 despite her history of deceit. Voters know this is about the left’s will to power by any means necessary...…

Please note, again, ".....the left's will to power by any means necessary....."

Yep, that's it. That's what they want.

I suppose it's up to decent and civilized people to chop off their hands when they reach for it
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Wingnut

• Just Off Probation
  • What’s it all about boy, elucidate!
Re: we're all deplorables now
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 04:46:05 PM »
Proud to be a Deplorable bitter clinger!   

Cool.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 01:36:48 PM »
My ability to care what people think of me has been beaten almost to nothingness. If someone shows they're a reasonable person, willing to listen even if they disagree, well and good. That population seems to be on the the decrease, though. And if someone shows they don't want to listen, I won't waste my or their time.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 12:41:15 PM »
I'm still waiting to be triggered by the term deplorable..........           :lmao:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Will Morningstar

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 10:01:45 AM »
My ability to care what people think of me has been beaten almost to nothingness. If someone shows they're a reasonable person, willing to listen even if they disagree, well and good. That population seems to be on the the decrease, though. And if someone shows they don't want to listen, I won't waste my or their time.

Couldn't agree more, SVPete. We need to stop letting the worst elements hijack all debate, and end all cooperation by setting us at each others' throats. We need to stop getting suckered by the purveyors of hate and fear. Especially online, we need to stand our ground against the forces of division, those extremists of left and right who seem to have united in their shared hatred of traditiional values, and who seek to silence all voices but their own.

I learned long ago, long before the internet, that as a mainstream Canadian Liberal (not at all what you Americans call "a liberal" -- Ed.) it was not my job to convince anyone of anything. People can only convince themselves. And we can only find the right course by listening to others, both ways.

The new so-called populists with their politics of personal destruction, and their contempt for the rights, the beliefs, the opinions, and the freedoms of expression of the individual, are the true enemies of freedom. When we come together in an honest desire to learn the best ways to promote the greater good, as we may see it, any who shove their fists in our faces are not on the same page at all.

Throughout my life, some of my best ideas were inspired by Conservatives. Conservatives are the bedrock foundation without whom my Liberals would be building on sand. That's why Conservatives are so important and necessary.

Thirteen months ago, I joined Discussionist looking for Conservatives. I didn't find many. And I found zero Republicans. All had been driven or shamed away, or embarrassed into mute acquiescence by the loud and angry few. I chose to stand and fight the forces of hatred and division. All they have won was the chance to show us all who and what they are.