Author Topic: for those having trouble following things  (Read 1702 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
for those having trouble following things
« on: September 26, 2018, 09:13:24 PM »
I know I myself have been able to catch only bits-and-pieces and chunks--and not necessarily in chronological order.

This original is from TM999, over on DU Jr.; it's great.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Let's cut the bullshit and summarize where things stand.

Between the liberals here who are too stupid to understand due process and why the FBI doesn't have jurisdiction to investigate alleged local sex crimes and supposed Trump supporters who are certain the GOP will cave completely in the face of these accusations, let's actually discuss directly the story thus far.

Judge Kavanaugh was nominated by Trump on July 9th. The confirmation hearing began the beginning of September and concluded on September 7th. During his confirmation hearing, he spent more than 31 hours answering questions. He then spent time answering further questions in a follow-up session. A week later he answered 1200 questions put to him in writing, more than all other SCOTUS nominees combined.

We watched Harris lie and try and trip Kavanaugh up in weird ways. We saw liberal activists of all variety disrupt the hearings. We watched a Spartacus moment with Booker. We watched delay tactics. The hearing concluded with no allegations of any sexual improprieties.

Only after the hearing did DiFi begin her smear campaign. A letter was sent to a California Rep by Ford even before Trump was nominated. Ford claimed to not want to go public yet she traveled in three days to MD for a polygraph and was interviewed by the Washington Post thereafter.

Ford's lawyer has made outrageous demands including opening an FBI investigation which derailed the confirmation vote last week. A hearing was set for Monday. Only Kavanaugh participated in the preparation which included phone conference calls with staffers, written hearing statements, and agreeing to the Monday hearing.

Over the weekend, we watched more delaying tactics while the Democrats got together more accusations. For the last three days these have been emerging. We are up to five now and the hearing is supposed to start tomorrow morning.

When we examine these accusations we note that all of those involved are surprisingly Democrats and mostly activists to boot. Wow! What a coincidence. Avennati is now involved as is McCabe's lawyer.

But here is the deal. All of these accusation are starting to fall apart. The problem is that the damage may already be done.

Ford has no evidence, no specific memories, and no witnesses.

Ramirez has no evidence, drunken hazy memories, and no witnesses.

Swetnick also has no evidence, drunken hazy memories, and no witnesses. She claims that as a college student she attended 10 underage drinking parties that all led to gang rapes. Yet apparently none of these ever led to a police report. This woman has had a restraining order put in place by an ex-boyfriend and a previous defamation suit that involved Katz, Ford's lawyer.

The fourth incident was provided by the mother of a woman whose friend claims she saw her friend assaulted by Kavanaugh. So we are talking hearsay of hearsay of hearsay.

And the last one is supposedly a rape by both Judge and Kavanaugh on a boat off RI in 1985 and it appears that the man making the claim is a liberal activist who believes Trump is the parasite infesting the White House. Breaking news suggests he may be completely recanting his story.

That any liberal on here believes this shows just how craven the left have become. This is a Soviet style kangaroo court borking a decent and honest man who has been a public servant for decades, undergone six FBI background checks including a security clearance for work at the Bush White House, and was set to be confirmed until this 11th hour bullshit started.

I predict that a few more accusations are likely to emerge in the next 12 hours. They will be as flimsy as all the others with few facts, zero evidence, no police reports, no corroborating witnesses, and they will all be Democrat activist women. Finally they will all be from decades ago which means even if there was a potential crime, SOL's will likely be past.

I expect there is about a 10% chance that Ford will show tomorrow. I expect her lawyer at the last minute to claim that all of these women must be heard after an FBI investigation is concluded. Her client will delay testifying until such time as this is complete.

After all, what's the rush right? It is not like mid-terms are less than six weeks away. It is not like the SCOTUS season starts on October 1st. It is not like the GOP will push him through and he still loses the vote due to two women - Collins and Mukowski who side with sex over ethics. It is not like conservatives will potentially punish the GOP for the Democrat's actions and thereby allow the Democrats to possibly gain a majority in the Senate. And it is not like they would then use that to lame duck President Trump and tank all future legislative initiatives that he puts forth. The robust economic growth we have all been experiencing will dry on the vine just so Democrats can gain some electoral control and abuse it unwisely.

So let's cut the bullshit. The facts are the facts. This is not some vile drunk sex offender who escaped scrutiny for decades and hid from the FBI not once but six times. This is a good man being destroyed so the Democrats can continue their soft coup. Liberals have increasingly demonstrated with this that due process and the rule of law are irrelevant now. The accused must now prove his innocence in Kafkaesque fashion. And that decades old vague accusations are enough to tank a man's professional and familial life.

The sick irony is that Kavanaugh is not an Originalist. He is a conservative cut out of the same swing vote cloth that gave us Kennedy whom he is to replace. He will not overturn Roe v. Wade (even though he should) and he won't overturn Obergefell (even though he should). I would have much preferred Barrett but now, I will defend Kavanaugh with facts and truth against smears and lies.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
Re: for those having trouble following things
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 09:34:18 PM »
I think the FBI should investigate, and after two days, arrest them for lie to the FBI. It there is no consequence it will continue.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 06:11:54 AM »
Very good summary.  This is about the dumbest shit I've seen in a long time.  The liberals are grasping at straws and are willing to ruin a man over nothing more than ambiguous accusations.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 06:21:51 AM »
I was unaware of the 5th accusation until just now and I read a little piece of it.  I know what's happening!!  BigmanPigman is calling these senators, using his handy dandy trick of pulling addresses out of his ass off of Zillow, claiming to be their constituent and lying about knowing Kavanaugh raped someone.

Prove me wrong!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 07:46:36 AM »
I know I myself have been able to catch only bits-and-pieces and chunks--and not necessarily in chronological order.

This original is from TM999, over on DU Jr.; it's great.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Let's cut the bullshit and summarize where things stand.
Ford claimed to not want to go public yet she traveled in three days to MD for a polygraph and was interviewed by the Washington Post thereafter.

In a July 30 letter to DiFei Ford stated:

I am currently vacationing in the mid-Atlantic until August 7th and will be in California after August 10th.

Ford was already in the MD area when she wrote this letter, 8 days before doing the polygraph. She did not make a trip just to do it, and there is no timing problem in her timeline.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 10:42:24 PM »
I preferred Amy Coney Barrett as Supreme Court judge.

This whole thing is a farce.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 11:57:37 AM »
I preferred Amy Coney Barrett as Supreme Court judge.

This whole thing is a farce.

She will get her opportunity soon.  I think that Ruth Buzzy Bader Ginsburg will go next, by the end of 2019.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 09:27:16 PM »
Julie Swetnick, a Brett Kavanaugh accuser, faced misconduct allegations at Portland company
https://www.oregonlive.com/silicon-forest/index.ssf/2018/09/julie_swetnick_one_of_kavanaug.html

Julie Swetnick, one of the women accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct, faced allegations of her own misconduct during a short stint at a Portland tech company 18 years ago.

Swetnick, 55, became the third woman in recent weeks to raise allegations against Kavanaugh. She issued a statement Wednesday in which she claimed she'd observed Kavanaugh at alcohol-fueled parties where women were mistreated. Her attorney is Michael Avenatti, a fierce critic of President Donald Trump who is reportedly considering a presidential run in 2020. Avenatti also represents Stormy Daniels, an adult film actress who claims to have had an affair with Trump before he took office.

The lawsuit was dismissed shortly after it was filed late in 2000, court documents show. In emails to The Oregonian/OregonLive, Avenatti called the allegations against his client, "Completely bogus."

It gets more interesting.

In the suit, Webtrends alleged Swetnick claimed to have graduated from Johns Hopkins University but the company said it subsequently learned the school had no record of her attendance. Webtrends said she also "falsely described her work experience" at a prior employer.

The suit also alleges Swetnick "engaged in unwelcome, sexually offensive conduct" while at Webtrends and "made false and retaliatory allegations that other co-workers had engaged in inappropriate conduct toward her."

The suit alleges Swetnick "engaged in unwelcome sexual innuendo and inappropriate conduct" directed at two male employees during a business lunch, with Webtrends customers present. Swetnick claimed two other employees had sexually harassed her, according to the suit.

Talk about a liar and flake.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du