Author Topic: Why aren't liberals fun anymore?  (Read 1970 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Why aren't liberals fun anymore?
« on: September 24, 2018, 09:14:51 PM »
Why aren't liberals fun anymore?
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/408063-why-arent-liberals-fun-anymore

Several months ago, the very night the Stormy Daniels story broke, I appeared on Don Lemon’s show on CNN. The producer told the guests a few minutes before we went on air that Lemon wanted our reaction to the Daniels allegations. The first guest said something trite about how “she may be doing this to call attention to herself, but we have to treat these charges against Trump very seriously.” Next, Lemon turned to me for my reaction. I really had no opinion about this story, so I just blurted out the first thing that popped into my head: “Gee, Don, who would have ever thought a stripper would want to call attention to herself?”

Now, if you are a normal person, you probably at least laugh a little or smile about that line. But the video went viral on YouTube because the other three guests, all liberals, and Lemon sat stone faced when I said that. They didn’t crack even the slightest hint of a smile. There was just a long awkward silence until I finally said, “Hello, that’s a joke.”

The point of this story is that liberals just don’t have a sense of humor anymore. The rage that the left feels now about President Trump, tax cuts, conservatives, Brett Kavanaugh and more has become so all consuming that it has made many liberals miserable to be around.

Leftists are always perpetually offended and angry.  :mental:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Why aren't liberals fun anymore?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 07:19:07 AM »
They have made everything a moral crusade, which forecloses both humor and compromise.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 07:34:17 AM »
I like the "liberals are stuffy" analogy. Of course, what he meant was "leftists are stuffy."
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 08:04:17 AM »
Liberals started casting out their sense of humor about 40 years ago. The self-exorcism was all but complete at the start of the 21st Century.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 08:08:35 AM »
Liberals started casting out their sense of humor about 40 years ago. The self-exorcism was all but complete at the start of the 21st Century.

Leftists started conflating "humor" with "bitter cynicism" after Johnny Carson retired.  He was the last bastion of even-handed FUNNY political humor. 

leftist comedians (the only ones left - Conservatives have been trampled from the stage) think yelling "Trump sucks!" is the height of deft comedy.

This generation of "comedians" will be looked at by future generations as the killers of comedy.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 08:24:57 AM »
Political correctness is killing us.  I'm never going to call an individual 'they' because it's incorrect.  If they choose to be butt hurt over it, so be it.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2018, 10:02:17 AM »
Leftists started conflating "humor" with "bitter cynicism" after Johnny Carson retired.  He was the last bastion of even-handed FUNNY political humor. 

leftist comedians (the only ones left - Conservatives have been trampled from the stage) think yelling "Trump sucks!" is the height of deft comedy.

This generation of "comedians" will be looked at by future generations as the killers of comedy.

Look up "dry bar comedy" on youtube. Many conservative comedians and all of it clean.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2018, 01:03:48 PM »
Look up "dry bar comedy" on youtube. Many conservative comedians and all of it clean.

Thanks for that plug. I had no idea, and I'm sick and tired of the usual cast of phlegm that usually pass as comedians.

Well, I'm excepting Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, and even Ron White (though there are portions of his act I could not care less about, especially concerning his so-called sex life) and there are probably a few more that are worthy of further examination.

Penn and Teller is another example of where magic and comedy can sometimes mix.

This is a great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOmg2iBiJAw
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.