Author Topic: Omaha Steve & Co. discuss Dianne's letter  (Read 1106 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Omaha Steve & Co. discuss Dianne's letter
« on: September 13, 2018, 08:54:19 PM »
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/senate-democrats-refer-secret-document-about-brett-kavanaugh-to-fbi/

Oh my.

RufusTFirefly (4308 posts)    September 13, 2018 at 3:15 pm

Senate Democrats Refer Secret Document About Brett Kavanaugh to FBI

‘Seems Like a Pretty Big Deal’: Senate Democrats Refer Secret Document About Brett Kavanaugh to FBI

Less than a day after The Intercept reported that Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) received a letter that purportedly details an “incident” involving Trump Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh and “a woman while they were in high school,” Feinstein announced in a statement on Thursday that she has referred the secret document to the FBI.

“I have received information from an individual concerning the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court,” Feinstein said. “That individual strongly requested confidentiality, declined to come forward or press the matter further, and I have honored that decision. I have, however, referred the matter to federal investigative authorities.”

“This matter has been referred to the FBI for investigation,” Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Il.) told BuzzFeed when asked about the letter.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/09/13/seems-pretty-big-deal-senate-democrats-refer-secret-document-about-brett-kavanaugh

This is a guy who received stolen e-mails, perjured himself during his earlier confirmation hearings, and appears to believe that Trump can pardon himself. And the Democrats respond by investigating something he allegedly did in high school?!!

Hoo boy. I hope this does the trick, but my gut instinct says this is going to backfire spectacularly.

Yeah, probably the gut instinct's right.  Lucy pulled the football away again.  Too bad.

Coldmountaintrail (8400 posts)    (Reply to original post)   September 13, 2018 at 4:02 pm

2. i don't care about what kavanaugh did in HS. why do we get this tittle-tattle but we don’t get a summary of his damn RECORD as a judge???  how about whatever those ‘secret’ docs were that were dumped the day before the hearing started?

everything’s reduced to sexsexsex all the time.  there’s a lot higher stakes in politics than sex.  for my money, I don’t really care who people sleep with and will take a tax raise on the top 5% for all the rest of this bullshit. with the codicil that it doesn’t go to war, border control, or reducing the artificially created debt.  let the *******ed banks pay for their own mistakes.

^^^what a grouch; must not have gotten any last night.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Omaha Steve & Co. discuss Dianne's letter
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 09:08:29 PM »
 :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Omaha Steve's pals apparently aren't up to date on the news:

RealityCheck (1722 posts)    (Reply to original post)   September 13, 2018 at 6:25 pm

3. “a woman while they were in high school,”

what caught my eye right off the bat is calling a possible victim of sexual assault in high school “a woman”. Not a girl. “a woman”. So, if this turns out to be a high school girl and more than likely another rich dude possibly getting preferential treatment at that time to protect him and his rich family, I say let the FBI do their job and uncover a possible cover-up. If it’s a nothing burger, then allow it to prove itself as such and deep six it.

Major Hogwash (4622 posts)    (Reply to original post)   September 13, 2018 at 6:38 pm

4. Nothing about his gambling problem?

Unless she had an abortion, I don’t think his friend from high school will have any effect on Kavanuagh’s future.

The Senate totally ignored Anita Hill’s testimony . . . and look at the consequences we have suffered ever since for that!
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 10:24:47 PM »
Coldmountaintrail (8400 posts)    (Reply to original post)   September 13, 2018 at 4:02 pm

2. i don't care about what kavanaugh did in HS. why do we get this tittle-tattle but we don’t get a summary of his damn RECORD as a judge???

Your Dem Congretards and Spartaci got all that in full, what you didn't get was his all correspondence as a member of the Executive Branch, before he became a judge, due to Executive Privilege...you know, that thing you loved so much when Holder was under investigation for Fast and Furious...?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 11:58:59 PM »
I guess the inmates haven't heard the news.  :-)

Breaking: FBI Isn’t Investigating Brett Kavanaugh Over Content Of Vague Dianne Feinstein Document

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has declined to investigate Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh over allegations sent to them by Sen. Dianne Feinstein.

Matt Zapotosky of the Washington Post quoted an FBI official as saying: “Upon receipt of the information on the night of September 12, we included it as part of Judge Kavanaugh’s background file, as per the standard process.” He also reported that the agency was not opening a criminal investigation into what Kavanaugh may or may not have done as a high school student.

Zapotosky explained the inclusion of the allegations in Kavanaugh’s background file in a subsequent tweet.
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 05:12:10 AM »
BNN BREAKING NEWS: Secret, anonymously sourced letter alleges Sen. Diane Feinstein tried to offer sex to Russian agents in return for sex.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 07:39:10 AM »
I realize from the time stamps that the Jackpiney posts are from when the story was just starting to percolate, but :rotf: . Even some of the Jackpineys seem to have caught on to the fact that this is the sort of gun with which the Ds are blazing away:

:rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:  :lmao:  :rotf:

2. i don't care about what kavanaugh did in HS. why do we get this tittle-tattle but we don’t get a summary of his damn RECORD as a judge???  how about whatever those ‘secret’ docs were that were dumped the day before the hearing started?

Two empty wells, moron. Do you really imagine the Ds would be be trying inept Party Tricks like this if there were Gotchas in Kavanaugh's court decisions they could easily have accessed in the 10 months since Trump listed him as a possible USSC pick? Or in the documents they have been able to search for weeks? The reason the Ds are resorting to last-minute Party Tricks is simple. They! Got! Nuttin'!

Major Hogwash (4622 posts)    (Reply to original post)   September 13, 2018 at 6:38 pm

4. Nothing about his gambling problem?

Already tried, already punctured and deflated by the truth. Kavanaugh and a few long-time close friends LOVE baseball. Kavanaugh bought several season ticket packages and playoffs packages for them, and each friend reimbursed the purchases for the exact amount. Not all that different from what my son and a few friends did, actually. They enjoy San Jose Sharks hockey and went together in buying a season ticket, and then through the season different guys went to different games.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:15:39 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 07:39:44 AM »
BNN BREAKING NEWS: Secret, anonymously sourced letter alleges Sen. Diane Feinstein tried to offer sex to Russian agents in return for sex.

:puke: Mind bleach! MIND BLEACH!!! :puke:  :bolt:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 07:41:56 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.