Author Topic: Just witnessed two little girls say some racist sh*t  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Just witnessed two little girls say some racist sh*t
« on: September 12, 2018, 07:35:59 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211123356

Wed Sep 12, 2018, 01:30 AM
Star Member mahina (8,620 posts)

Just witnessed two little girls say some racist sh*t

Last edited Wed Sep 12, 2018, 04:32 AM - Edit history (2)

I’m at a great little taco truck in Kailua.

A haole mother and father and two antsy little girls were waiting for their order.

They could be visitors or military, clearly not local residents based on their attire, behavior and what garbage came out of their mouths*.

The older girl, maybe eight, said something was wrong here. That people’s skin is the wrong color. I felt my eyes get huge and I stared at the mother and father. They weren’t three feet away.

Then the littler one repeated it and asked Mom if that was right. Mom said nothing.

I’m sorry to tell you I didn’t correct the children but I made it very clear to the parents that what they said was horrible.

I wish I could go back in time andcsay the right thing. A woman next to me and I met glares and turned them back to the parents who seemed untouched, unashamed, couldn’t care less what we thought. The mother said “come on honey” and took her little racist kids and her racist husband and left.

What would you do or say?

If the parents had said that I would have told them off. These were children.

As the Mom strode past me head held high, , heads all turned to follow them.

This is not normal for these islands. Yes we live with a racist legacy, cultural and ethnic inequality, heaps of injustice. But this is unheard of.

* because anyone who grew up here saying this wouldn’t have teeth. Sorry, true.

Update: Well it turns out that the Base Commander is Hispanic. So he knows about all this stuff already. But I’m writing to him anyway, and his #2 as well.
He’s kind of inspiring. https://www.mcbhawaii.marines.mil/Leaders/Article/587988/col-raul-lianez-us-marine-corps/

Don't have time to do much other than post this here to hold it.  Just another bouncy about racists ...

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: Just witnessed two little girls say some racist sh*t
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 07:39:46 AM »
Wow...it's complaining of racism??   Don't they have mirrors in Hawaii?

A haole mother

haole
A word used mainly in Hawaii to describe a white person. Depending on how you say it, the word can mean either an insult or just a fact.
1. fact: me, my flip fren, my jap fren, and my haole fren went go smoke some batu over up in Nalo.
2. insult: GO BACK TO THE MAINLAND YOU ****ING HAOLES!
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 09:12:06 AM »
I'm gonna be lazy and C & P what I posted on CU:

Yeeeaaaaaaahhhh ... I doubt this happened. Because that just doesn't sound like how a young child would express themselves. Because visitors to Hawaii would see people of various skin colors pretty much from the moment they set foot in Hawaii, and more likely before boarding their flight to Hawaii ... or while walking through that mainland airport ... or in their everyday lives. It's just too implausible that these girls had never in their lives seen a black or a dark-skinned Hispanic or a Native American or a person of East or South Asian heritage or a Polynesian.

That said, what would this DUpipos post have been had those parents come down on their child in a public place? I'm sure there are a good number of such DU-posts about the horrors of parents correcting their children in public. Speaking personally, had I said such a thing in public, my parents' reaction most likely would have been, "Shush. We'll talk about this at home!" Quietly, so as not to create a scene, but with a voice tone that would let me know I should shut up. And we would have had the talk.

My real life from my earliest years, though, was seeing my parents interact with people of various skin colors as people, and hearing them speak of people with Hispanic, Chinese, and Japanese family names as friends, classmates, and people with whom they socialized and/or did business. We didn't have a "race talk" until I saw MLK on TV (early 60s) and wondered what was going on. When they explained, I thought racism stupid and said as much. I didn't see it, but I suspect they saw success in what I said.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 09:21:24 AM »
I grew up in a lily-white community. (Not an affluent suburb, or anything, but a farming/blue collar Northern Wisconsin town.) I probably NEVER saw a Black person until I was about 10 or 12. I lived there til I was well into adulthood. About 35 years ago, I worked with a woman who had two small children. She was in a store with her daughter, who was probably about 4 or 5. The clerk was Black, and the little girl blurted out, "What is all over your hands?!?!" And she kept it up. Wouldn't take "shhhh" for an answer. The mother, who had moved from a city, was very concerned that her kids weren't being brought up with a diverse population.

That's why I can believe that it happened, and that the little girls aren't racist, and that the parents aren't racist, either.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 10:08:12 AM »
I grew up in a lily-white community. (Not an affluent suburb, or anything, but a farming/blue collar Northern Wisconsin town.) I probably NEVER saw a Black person until I was about 10 or 12.
He must have been a Green Bay Packer.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 12:31:25 PM »
Quote from:
Lee-Lee)

20. There could be lots of explanations here you didn't think of

You said the girl was about 8, but that statement you attribute to her isn’t what you would expect an 8 year old to articulate but rather a 3-5 year old.

An 8 year old would have had plenty of exposure to people of color, even if just on TV.

Honestly you should keep in mind that you may have been around a child that was developmentaly disabled and/or on the autism spectrum. Both would explain such a statement. And it may have been the parents were more embarrassed and didn’t want to have any further discussion with the girl in public.

I’ve seen that many time with children with IDD. Especially those without regard to social norms because of it. And if they were military or tourists originally from an overwhelmingly white part of the country that may have been the girls first time seeing a non-white person in real life.

Don’t always assume the worst. Sometimes the story is much different.

Wow! This primitive accidentally swerved into saying something that makes sense. Primitives are all too quick to cast judgment without thinking; "thinking" being something that is against liberals nature.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 12:39:46 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 12:40:29 PM »
He must have been a Green Bay Packer.
Well, probably!

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 12:43:25 PM »
Wow! This primitive accidentally swerved into saying something that makes sense. Primitives are all too quick to cast judgment without thinking; "thinking" being something that is against liberals nature.

I don't know how Lee-Lee has lasted at the DUmp for as long as she has. She has defended law enforcement, which is like killing a sacred cow, or something. She has more sense in her little pinky than most of the rest of them combined.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 12:52:55 PM »

Lee-Lee)

20. There could be lots of explanations here you didn't think of

You said the girl was about 8, but that statement you attribute to her isn’t what you would expect an 8 year old to articulate but rather a 3-5 year old.

An 8 year old would have had plenty of exposure to people of color, even if just on TV.

Honestly you should keep in mind that you may have been around a child that was developmentaly disabled and/or on the autism spectrum. Both would explain such a statement. And it may have been the parents were more embarrassed and didn’t want to have any further discussion with the girl in public.

I’ve seen that many time with children with IDD. Especially those without regard to social norms because of it. And if they were military or tourists originally from an overwhelmingly white part of the country that may have been the girls first time seeing a non-white person in real life.

Don’t always assume the worst. Sometimes the story is much different.

I believe imaginary racism trumps all logical explanations for that child's behavior. 

(Lurking dummies - this is another fine example of why normal people laugh at and reject your worldview)
Deplorable since 2016

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 01:19:25 PM »

A taco truck in Hawaii is cultural appropriation
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 01:22:34 PM »
I lived in Hawaii in the early 90's and the people I knew were some of the nicest people you could ever want to meet, but I will tell you this right now, there are a LOT of racists in Hawaii.  As Bad Cat pointed out, the word haole is often used as a pejorative.  And that's not the only racist word you'll hear over there.

A friend of mine got his ass whupped because he dared try to surf on the waves that the Hawaiian's owned.  No kidding. 

The OP can claim it's all milk and honey in HI, but it ain't so unless it's changed a lot in 20+ years.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 01:33:37 PM »
A taco truck in Hawaii is cultural appropriation

Wellllllll ... if the one operating the truck is Central American then (s)he isn't a cultural appropriator. But if whites or Polynesians or East Asians eat the tacos they are. Or something like that. :mental:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 05:56:43 PM »
The older girl, maybe eight, said something was wrong here. That people’s skin is the wrong color. I felt my eyes get huge and I stared at the mother and father. They weren’t three feet away.

Who were the kids talking about?  Maybe the person that the kids were talking about had skin that was the wrong color.  Nothing racist about pointing out someone with jaundice--not tactful probably, but they were just little kids.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2018, 02:36:43 PM »

No such thing.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2018, 02:46:12 PM »

No such thing.

I don't remember Kailua, but the taco truck(s) on the North Shore and other areas of Oahu are out of this world amazing.
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2018, 12:55:43 PM »
I don't remember Kailua, but the taco truck(s) on the North Shore and other areas of Oahu are out of this world amazing.

The last time I was on the Islands, Kauai,  the only "Mexican" food that was worth a shit was Taco Bell. Must be different on Oahu.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 10:53:06 PM »
The last time I was on the Islands, Kauai,  the only "Mexican" food that was worth a shit was Taco Bell. Must be different on Oah

My bad.  I wrote taco but meant “shrimp”.  There’s zero Mexican food component to what I was trying to reference
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 10:57:59 PM by Maverick1987 »
Deplorable since 2016

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 11:38:46 PM »
>A friend of mine got his ass whupped because he dared try to surf on the waves that the Hawaiian's owned.  No kidding. 

No doubt.  I met a similar fate in the late 70's while on a budget trip with brothers for a week.
It sounds like the bigots still run the shores and I'd like to think we can use the Islands for Tzar Bomba
competition while the racist filth are all a twitter.

Offline Wineslob

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 01:54:47 PM »
>A friend of mine got his ass whupped because he dared try to surf on the waves that the Hawaiian's owned.  No kidding. 

No doubt.  I met a similar fate in the late 70's while on a budget trip with brothers for a week.
It sounds like the bigots still run the shores and I'd like to think we can use the Islands for Tzar Bomba
competition while the racist filth are all a twitter.

Buy cat food, gets you in like Flint.   :-)