Author Topic: Omaha Steve not being very helpful  (Read 803 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Omaha Steve not being very helpful
« on: September 18, 2018, 08:29:21 AM »
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/after-more-than-150-years-the-mayo-clinic-finally-apologizes-to-a-nebraska-trib/

Oh my.

Omaha Steve (1435 posts)    September 16, 2018 at 7:44 pm

After more than 150 years, the Mayo Clinic finally apologizes to a Nebraska trib

SANTEE, Neb. — The important looking man walks to the front of the room. In the crowd, the important woman and the 50 others fall silent.

The crowd is mostly in jeans and T-shirts, including several that say, “Exiled Indian.”

The Important Man is wearing pressed slacks and an ironed dress shirt. He glances at his notes and clears his throat.

“It’s a tremendous honor to be here with you today,” he says.

FULL story: https://www.omaha.com/livewellnebraska/plus/hansen-after-more-than-years-the-mayo-clinic-finally-apologizes/article_9adcf8e0-334b-5c6a-92ca-2c40d9602372.html

Two way street (3951 posts)    (Reply to original post)   September 16, 2018 at 8:03 pm

1. There is a pay wall for me.

Omaha Steve (1435 posts)    (Reply to Two way street - post #1)   September 16, 2018 at 8:28 pm

2. I thought it would offer answering a poll question to see the entire story

I’m sorry I can’t post more than four paragraphs per fair use copyright law and JPR rules.

The Omaha World-Herald is a pay-to-read site, and Omaha Steve knows that as well as franksolich does.

Coldmountaintrail (8469 posts)    (Reply to Omaha Steve - post #2)   September 16, 2018 at 9:43 pm

3. what did the mayo clinic apologize for?

No response from the big guy, who's apparently trying to recover from the strenuous exertions of running a sub-forum.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Re: Omaha Steve not being very helpful
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 09:19:33 AM »
Long story short, Dr. Mayo way back in 1862 dug up a shallow grave of a warrior of the Santee tribe and
The young doctor carted the corpse to his office, dissected it, melted off the flesh and made a skeleton he studied and allowed his children to play with.

The young doctor’s name was William Mayo. He moved Cut Nose’s skull to the famous hospital he founded. The stolen skull remained there, on proud display and then simply lost, for more than a century, until Mayo returned it to his family in the late 1990s

The Mayo Clinic is apologizing for that now.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 10:02:44 AM »
Long story short, Dr. Mayo way back in 1862 dug up a shallow grave of a warrior of the Santee tribe and 

The Mayo Clinic is apologizing for that now.

I've never been sure what an apology does, how it's helpful.

The best apology is simply to not do the same thing again.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 12:20:57 PM »
I've never been sure what an apology does, how it's helpful.

The best apology is simply to not do the same thing again.

An apology admits a level of guilt. Makes the lawsuit easier later.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Karin

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 06:32:11 PM »
apparently trying to recover from the strenuous exertions of running a sub-forum.
:lmao:

Well, everyone stole from graves back then.  It was the only way for doctors to learn anatomy.  Sad but true.  The soul is with God now, and we are all but dust.  The Mayo Clinic has paid the debt.