Author Topic: Medved: Talk radio has collapsed  (Read 3134 times)

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
Medved: Talk radio has collapsed
« on: January 21, 2008, 04:37:44 PM »
Saturday, January 19, 2008
SOUTH CAROLINA'S BIG LOSER: TALK RADIO

Posted by: Michael Medved at 11:46 PM

It’s obvious that the big winner in South Carolina was John McCain (grabbing 33% of the vote in a hard-fought win and 19 of the 22 awarded delegates), but it’s also worth pausing for a moment to identify the primary’s biggest loser.

That loser wasn’t Mike Huckabee (who ran a strong second with 30% of the vote and will certainly continue his underdog campaign), nor was it Fred Thompson (who placed third with 16%, despite talk of his last minute surge) or even Mitt Romney (with a feeble fourth place finish, despite investing more money in the state than any of his rivals).

The big loser in South Carolina was, in fact, talk radio: a medium that has unmistakably collapsed in terms of impact, influence and credibility because of its hysterical and one-dimensional involvement in the GOP nomination fight.

http://www.townhall.com/blog/g/6dee8f0b-a7a5-40c6-b670-c0637d945de1

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 05:29:38 PM by The Night Owl »
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Medved: Right Wing talk radio has collapsed
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 04:38:49 PM »
Hmmmm...Rush has 20 million listeners.  Hannity has 12 million.  Christ, Howie Carr probably has more than Medved.  I'm supposed to care what he says when Err America outdraws him?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 04:40:49 PM »
Hmmmm...Rush has 20 million listeners.  Hannity has 12 million.  Christ, Howie Carr probably has more than Medved.  I'm supposed to care what he says when Err America outdraws him?

Michael who?
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline The Night Owl

• Banned
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 04:41:56 PM »

If right wing talk radio is still influential, then why is John McCain, who has been reviled on right wing talk radio, beating everyone?
Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
Re: Medved: Talk radio has collapsed
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 04:52:39 PM »
Because sadly, too many so-called "Republicans" still trust the MSM.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 05:41:41 PM »

If right wing talk radio is still influential, then why is John McCain, who has been reviled on right wing talk radio, beating everyone?

Methinks the fence sitters voted for him because he's a RINO.

And I  have no idea what Medved is talking about.     Talk Radio killed the Dubai Ports Deal.   Talk Radio killed the Immigration amnesty bill.   Talk Radio MAY very well get Ramos and Compean released.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 06:04:06 PM »

Medved is a solid conservative... he doesnt do worse than Air America, not by a longshot. He is national and has a great brain for history. It seems to me that the talk radio guys are up in arms about not being able to call these races very accurately yet. They keep getting suprised, so.. of course, talk radio is "dead" ..

I think Medved is having a thin skin day. They all are... Rush sounds just tired and drained, even without the hoarse voice.

I think the populace has figured out how to screw with the media: just lie to them in every poll and then go revenge-vote.

That'll show em!  :-)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 06:08:47 PM »
Where has a vote been cast that did not allow a free-for-all cross-over voting?  

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 06:36:09 PM »
Methinks the fence sitters voted for him because he's a RINO.
And I  have no idea what Medved is talking about.     Talk Radio killed the Dubai Ports Deal.   Talk Radio killed the Immigration amnesty bill.   Talk Radio MAY very well get Ramos and Compean released.

Ditto!  :cheersmate:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 06:39:50 PM »

So far:

Romney - 59 delegates
Huckabee - 40 delegates
McCain - 36 delegates

Offline overlord

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 09:06:03 PM »
Where has a vote been cast that did not allow a free-for-all cross-over voting?  

If I'm not mistaken FL will be the first closed primary thus far.
Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish

Women and children are precious resources to be protected at all costs.  Men are expendable commodities whose function is to protect those resources, at all costs.

So how does it feel to know that someone's kid in the heart of america has blood on their hands to defend your rights so you can maintain a lifestyle that insults his family's existence?