Author Topic: Can I Ask A Small Favor of Everyone?  (Read 10908 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Can I Ask A Small Favor of Everyone?
« on: August 27, 2018, 08:11:34 PM »
The 17th Anniversary of 9/11 is a couple weeks away.  As a way to show that we will never forget...I'd like to ask that everyone change their avatar to either the front page of their hometown newspaper from that day or one that really stands out in their minds.

The one that sticks with me after all these years is from the SF Chronicle.  That's still how I feel about what happened on that day.

Thanks in advance.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Can I Ask A Small Favor of Everyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 05:02:55 PM »
Look at what's below my avatar, and you will see why it hasn't changed.  This is a worthy thing to ask of all of us.

Firerich7 may be gone, but he and his mates were/are heroes.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 06:05:41 PM »
Look at what's below my avatar, and you will see why it hasn't changed.  This is a worthy thing to ask of all of us.

Indeed they were and still are.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Ausonius

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 08:21:56 AM »

Indeed they were and still are.

Amen!  Incredible to believe, but we have almost an entire generation whose members do not completely understand - and can never completely emotionally comprehend - what we experienced in those days.  Tempus fugit! 

In fact I mentioned the attack, and Islamic aggression in general since the 7th Century, in a quick review of basic history from Roman times to my Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Grade Latin classes a few days ago.  Islamic terrorists think in centuries: they may be defeated, but any defeat is a defeat in a battle, not in a war.  The war is constant: it never ends for them.

The reaction ranged from polite to "Huh?"   So if they are representative, we have some work today, lest Islamic radicals take advantage eventually of their complacency and lack of historical thinking.
"Every democracy eventually becomes a bilge pump expelling the most hilarious and unwitting self-satire."

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 06:29:48 PM »
Tried to change my avatar and got this;
"The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."  :shrug:
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne