Author Topic: Always liars. Especially when it comes to natural disasters ...  (Read 1105 times)

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211035822

Wed Aug 22, 2018, 08:56 PM
Ccarmona (971 posts)

Aloha From Maui...the Birds are Gone

We’re about 12-18 hours away from feeling the first effects of Hurricane Lane. The birds that are usually singing and flying through our trees are gone. It’s an ominous sign.

Ok, so there's a hurricane headed to HI.  In typical DUmmie fashion you have to have people who have been there, done that.

Crutchez_CuiBono (4,088 posts)

2. Gets real quiet.

Hope youre ok.

So this DUmmie has dropped a little hint, but no one is picking it up.

Crutchez_CuiBono (4,088 posts)

4. I was in 2 direct hits. Ike in LA and Irene in NJ.

Unreal and survivable if you prepare. Do you know where the shelter and feeding stations will be?

Ah, there we go.  He gets to the point.  Except ... he's lying.  I know he's lying because the eye of Ike passed about 25 miles west of my house.  Close enough we could see it.  I don't live in LA.  It's about 150 miles east of me.  And to back up my claim;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Ike

The hurricane weakened prior to continuing into the Gulf of Mexico, but increased its intensity by the time of its final landfall on Galveston, Texas on September 13.

Ike didn't get into LA until it was up by Shreveport, LA and had weakened considerably by then.

ooky (941 posts)

39. I live in eastern North Carolina near the coast.

Frankly I've lost count of the number of hits we've taken in the 30 years we've been here. A few thoughts if you are planning to ride it out in your home.

Get your flashlights ready, charge up all the cellular devices you have, those keep you connected to the world when the electricity and wifi goes. Charge your back up chargers to keep those going. Fill up as many water bottles as you can. Have canned goods ready to eat. Fill up your car with gas in case you need to move, but its best to stay put during the storm.

Swimming pool owners have special headaches during a hurricane. If you have a swimming pool, lower the water level really low and cover it to keep out debris. The debris can fill an uncovered pool up fast and its a real mess to clear when that happens. Also, the hurricane rain fills it fast and if you lose electricity you can't pump it out if it starts to overflow. I had that problem with Huriricane Matthew and was almost up to the coping when the electricity came back on. And Matthew was only bearly a cat 1 when it came over us.

I can't remember any hurricane we didn't lose power. We lost power and water during Floyd for about 4 days after the hurricane had passed, and couldn't get out of our neighborhood for 2 days.

If you have meat thawing out have the grill ready to go and eat it first. Good luck!

::)

Crutchez gets a little testy when someone tries to make a joke about one of his suggestions, but I'm leaving it over there.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Online 67 Rover

Re: Always liars. Especially when it comes to natural disasters ...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 08:42:04 AM »
Just sit tight DUmmies the government will be right there to help feed and take care of you.  ::)
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 09:07:07 AM »
When Ike came through one of the DUmmies was hysterically claiming there were "bodies in the trees!!!"

Uh, no.  There were some mighty big boats on I-45 north of Galveston though!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline YupItsMe

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 05:18:59 PM »
BUI?? Boating Under the Influence?

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 08:38:04 PM »
Not gonna go there.

We should hope (and pray for the prayerful) that our fellow Americans in HI get hit least and ride it out best.

We can sort out our political differences after Lane passes on.

DU lurkers: You are in my prayers.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 04:04:30 PM »
Not gonna go there.

We should hope (and pray for the prayerful) that our fellow Americans in HI get hit least and ride it out best.

We can sort out our political differences after Lane passes on.

DU lurkers: You are in my prayers.

:cheersmate:

Amen.  It doesn’t matter what category a hurricane is they all bring something terrible to the table.
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.