Author Topic: Andrew Cuomo shocks crowd, says America 'was never that great'  (Read 951 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo may have just handed Republicans a ready-made campaign ad for his rumored 2020 presidential bid – by declaring Wednesday that America “was never that great.” 

The Democratic star made the seemingly offhand remark as part of his rebuke of President Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan during a New York speech. But the line drew gasps from the crowd.  

“We’re not going to make America great again. It was never that great,” Cuomo said, to an awkward blend of gasps and chuckles.

“We have not reached greatness, we will reach greatness when every American is fully engaged, we will reach greatness when discrimination and stereotyping against women, 51 percent of our population, is gone and every woman’s full potential is realized and unleashed and every woman is making her full contribution,” he said. 

But the "never that great" line tore through social media in a New York minute, as journalists and his political rivals seized on the remark. 
Republican gubernatorial candidate Marc Molinaro said America, “with its imperfections, has always been great” and called on Cuomo to apologize.

“This governor is so determined to distract voters from his failed policies and corrupted administration that he’s willing to dismiss the steady, determined march of the American people, making and remaking the greatness of America. Mr. Cuomo owes the nation an apology,” he said in a statement. “He should be ashamed of himself." 

Cuomo for months has been positioning himself as one of the biggest gubernatorial foes of the Trump White House. He also is facing a primary challenge from the left from actress and activist Cynthia Nixon.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/15/andrew-cuomo-shocks-crowd-says-america-was-never-that-great.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Andrew Cuomo shocks crowd, says America 'was never that great'
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 04:24:16 PM »
The conservative/Republican midterm ads continue to write themselves with the words out of identity politics libs.  Thanks lefties! :cheersmate:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 04:42:50 PM »
Honestly, I'm not sure he can get past Cynthia Nixon and she is more of a moonbat than he is.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 08:56:45 PM »
I wonder who will win, Cynthia Nixon or Andrew Cuomo?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 05:15:34 AM »
My wife and I were just talking about this.  If I were Mark Molinaro (Republican candidate for NY Governor), I would be all over this.  Bleed Cuomo dry now, so he has to spend mo$t of his eight-figure 'war che$t' in NY.  I think that he just ended any White Housr aspirations that he might have.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 07:17:19 AM »
Some people put their foot in their mouth; some people bite down on their foot; Cuomo chewed! This is the kind of "Freudian slip" that shows what Cuomo really thinks of the US and the people of the US.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.