Author Topic: Trump revokes security clearance for former CIA director John Brennan  (Read 1908 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
President Trump has revoked the security clearance for former CIA director John Brennan, the White House announced Wednesday, in the first decision to come from a review of access for several top Obama-era intelligence and law enforcement officials.
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders read a statement on behalf of the president during the start of the press briefing, saying Brennan “has a history that calls his credibility into question.”

The statement also said that Brennan had been "leveraging" the clearance to make "wild outbursts" and claims against the Trump administration.

“The president has a constitutional responsibility to protect classified information and who has access to it, and that’s what he’s doing is fulfilling that responsibility in this action,” Sanders said Wednesday.

Last month, the White House said they were looking into the clearances for other former officials and Trump critics, including former FBI director James Comey; former deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe; former director of national intelligence James Clapper; former national security adviser Susan Rice and former CIA director Michael Hayden (who also worked under President George W. Bush).

On Wednesday, Sanders added Justice Department official Bruce Ohr, former FBI agent Peter Strzok (who was fired from the bureau last week) and former FBI general counsel Lisa Page.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/15/trump-revokes-security-clearance-for-former-cia-director-john-brennan.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Trump revokes security clearance for former CIA director John Brennan
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 04:02:03 PM »
When I left the USAF, my security clearance was immediately revoked.  Why should these former government employees be able to maintain their clearances?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 07:10:59 PM »
When I left the USAF, my security clearance was immediately revoked.  Why should these former government employees be able to maintain their clearances?

I'm sure mine will be revoked when I retire as well.

But the folks like Brennan and Clapper et al seem to think it's granted to them on a permanent status.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 08:35:34 PM »
Good.  I heard Brennan do an unscripted interview once, it was a non-hostile host trying to make him look good, and he still sounded like A COMPLETE AND TOTAL DUMBASS, though he did successfully convey that he was a vicious, vindictive, and rigidly doctrinaire little shit who got where he was by stabbing his way to the top, not by his brilliance at intelligence work.

And as far as I'm concerned Brennan, Clapper, and that cue-ball headed general that used to run NSA can all FOAD, all three have demonstrated a total contempt for Constitutional limits on domestic surveillance and had no problem lying about it to those who were supposed to be the adult supervision over them. 
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 07:21:50 PM »

The Author of the article is a carpetbagger from the Radical New Republic!

Obama should fire John Brennan

In March, at the Council on Foreign Relations, CIA Director John Brennan was asked by NBC’s Andrea Mitchell whether the CIA had illegally accessed Senate Intelligence Committee staff computers “to thwart an investigation by the committee into” the agency’s past interrogation techniques. The accusation had been made earlier that day by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), who said the CIA had “violated the separation-of-powers principles embodied in the United States Constitution.” Brennan answered:

As far as the allegations of, you know, CIA hacking into, you know, Senate computers, nothing could be further from the truth. I mean, we wouldn’t do that. I mean, that’s — that’s just beyond the — you know, the scope of reason in terms of what we would do. {…}

And, you know, when the facts come out on this, I think a lot of people who are claiming that there has been this tremendous sort of spying and monitoring and hacking will be proved wrong.

(You can see the video of Brennan’s answer here.)

Now we know that the truth was far different. The Post’s Greg Miller reports:

(More at link)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2014/07/31/obama-should-fire-john-brennan/?utm_term=.48394d10104b

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 07:50:41 PM by mrclose »
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 06:00:30 AM »
James Clapper is a complete moron -- even his name reminds me of a clod of brass hitting the inside of a bell.

I'm reminded of this interview with Diane Sawyer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTry_MiFA2Q
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline mrclose

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 05:19:32 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VQbAhqHoAo

A fawning, asskissing creep. I'm sure Barry was pleased to have Brennan's nose buried completely up his ass.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 11:12:59 AM »
Mt security clearance was yanked years ago because I no longer had a need to know and I was going back to the states. Even thirty years later there are some things I can't say about what i did while there because it would still affect security on bases around the world and if I did I'd be in a  jail house in a very short time and not on MSNBC.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 01:04:57 PM »
I would think once a person no longer works for the government, their security clearance would be revoked.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2018, 01:11:37 PM »
I would think once a person no longer works for the government, their security clearance would be revoked.

As would most reasonable people, but here we are dealing with Leftists so the outcry "Impeach!" will continue.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.