Author Topic: Atticus loves his fantasy land  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Houstonguy34

Atticus loves his fantasy land
« on: August 10, 2018, 09:00:15 AM »
The DUmmies really do live in a fantasy land wow !

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210985154

Atticus (3,986 posts)

Is DU worthwhile? Does it matter? I answer "Yes" to both questions.

Several posters --- if I understood them correctly --- have recently voiced their opinion that DU has no real effect on the world beyond this board. They reason that, since we are overwhelmingly progressives and liberals, we reliably vote and we vote for Democrats. Therefore, they argue, what is posted here, no matter how supportive or critical of the party or a particular Democrat, really has any impact on the political landscape. They are certainly entitled to their opinion, but I do not share it.

Do I have "hard proof" to counter the above? No. I doubt that any such information exists or that it would persuade anyone if it did. What each of us has is our own life experience, a little common sense and our ability to reason.

I rely on DU for reliable news and an antidote to the daily avalanche of poison spewing from the open sewer below Trump's nose. And, though we do have our trolls and some fluff and silliness, I can always find intelligent people debating important issues. I read about ways to counter the Dark Side that I doubt would ever have occurred to me.

As I live in a scarlet red county, the mere fact that I can communicate with people who, in general, see the world as I do, helps me to venture out each day with my "Impeach Trump" tee shirt, my bumper sticker covered car and my "bad attitude". And, I am positive that that open defiance of the local powers that be encouraged others who thought THEY were alone in their disgust with and fear of this regime.

I have to think that maybe, just maybe, some will register to vote, some will actually vote and some may find the courage to speak out on their own because they saw someone who was willing to piss off the Trumpers.

And, in part, DU enables me to do that. I don't think I am unique. Others on this board do much more than I do. And, though it may not be quantifiable, I think some part of their resistance has its origin on this board.
T
DU matters. What happens here makes a difference.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Atticus loves his fantasy land
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 09:25:26 AM »
Oh now  :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 09:32:49 AM »
I rely on DU for reliable news ...

Like the news that Hillary would win by a near landslide? :rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:  :rotf:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 10:15:36 AM »
Worthwhile to laugh and mock their supposed influence & bloviating.  The really only tangible reason to read such dreck.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 11:10:38 AM »
Life is just a fantasy, can you live this fantasy life?
--Aldo Nova
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline tikibarted

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 07:46:01 PM »
Well...they DID stop Bush's second term....oh wait

Offline Houstonguy34

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 08:27:44 PM »
Oh it is going to be hilarious there when the mueller crap doesn’t work out..

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 10:09:02 PM »
Go figure...

"Shoot all the blue jays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird." That was the only time I ever heard Atticus say it was a sin to do something, and I asked Miss Maudie about it. "Your father's right," she said. "Mockingbirds don't do one thing except make music for us to enjoy."

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 09:03:30 AM »
Well...they DID stop Bush's second term....oh wait

Well to be honest, to hear them tell it they stopped Bush’s third term because without their vigilance Bush would have declared ‘Marshall Law’ and suspended the election. Probably still be in office today if not for those meddling kids.

:lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 09:56:51 AM »
As I live in a scarlet red county, the mere fact that I can communicate with people who, in general, see the world as I do, helps me to venture out each day with my "Impeach Trump" tee shirt, my bumper sticker covered car and my "bad attitude".

And this is why the internet made mental illness skyrocket on the left.  It made crazy people think that they belonged in decent and civilized society. This reinforces their delusions and that is bad for everyone.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 01:15:05 PM »

DU matters. What happens here makes a difference.

Just like "Resist!"........right?
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 02:27:16 PM »
Life is just a fantasy, can you live this fantasy life?
--Aldo Nova

Aaah . . . A song from my ‘yutes.’
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2018, 04:12:26 PM »
what is posted here, no matter how supportive or critical of the party or a particular Democrat, really has any impact on the political landscape.

Yep, that sums it up.

A tiny extreme-left anti-American communist echo chamber that convinces no one and accomplishes nothing.

We here at the Cave have no illusions.   We do share some ideas of import but we don't delude ourselves into thinking we are more than a friendly bunch of Conservatives supporting each other in the face of a rising lefty storm.

At least IMHO -- I do not speak for other Cavists.  Caveons?  Caveites?
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2018, 04:15:07 PM »

Just like "Resist!"........right?

Not one damn dime day!

http://www.notonedamndime.com/boycott/

Ah, good times, good times.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.