Author Topic: Mueller team lectured by judge in Manafort case  (Read 1493 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Mueller team lectured by judge in Manafort case
« on: August 01, 2018, 02:53:01 PM »

Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s prosecutors were lectured by a federal judge on Wednesday for the language they’ve used in the courtroom and more, as the trial of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort entered its second day.

U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III specifically told prosecutors to stop using the word “oligarch” to describe wealthy Ukrainians, whose dealings with Manafort are at the heart of the fraud charges he faces in northern Virginia federal court.

The judge said the term has a “pejorative” meaning and is not relevant in this case. Further, he cautioned that using it could suggest Manafort is associated with bad people – and guilty by association.

“It’s not the American way,” the judge said. He noted that wealthy donors like George Soros or the Koch brothers also could be considered oligarchs. 

The Mueller team was later rebuffed again by Ellis when they tried to introduce photos that eventually would become public of Manafort’s closets filled with suits and high-end clothing.

While it’s part of their effort to paint Manafort as a tax scofflaw who spent big on luxury items, Ellis would not allow the photos for now.

“Enough is enough. We don’t convict people because they have a lot of money and throw it around,” he said. 

The judge said the photos would seem “unnecessary, irrelevant” and potentially “prejudicial.” Further, he reminded the lawyers that Manafort “is not on trial for having a lavish lifestyle, but for not reporting income on his taxes.” 

Ellis has scolded members of Mueller’s team before, asserting back in May that the team was really interested in targeting President Trump.

But the case is proceeding, in the first trial arising from the Mueller probe.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/01/mueller-team-lectured-by-judge-in-manafort-case.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Mueller team lectured by judge in Manafort case
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 03:13:00 PM »
 :nelson:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline harry12

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 03:57:20 PM »

Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s prosecutors were lectured by a federal judge on Wednesday for the language they’ve used in the courtroom and more, as the trial of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort entered its second day.

U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III specifically told prosecutors to stop using the word “oligarch” to describe wealthy Ukrainians, whose dealings with Manafort are at the heart of the fraud charges he faces in northern Virginia federal court.

The judge said the term has a “pejorative” meaning and is not relevant in this case. Further, he cautioned that using it could suggest Manafort is associated with bad people – and guilty by association.

“It’s not the American way,” the judge said. He noted that wealthy donors like George Soros or the Koch brothers also could be considered oligarchs.

The Mueller team was later rebuffed again by Ellis when they tried to introduce photos that eventually would become public of Manafort’s closets filled with suits and high-end clothing.

While it’s part of their effort to paint Manafort as a tax scofflaw who spent big on luxury items, Ellis would not allow the photos for now.

“Enough is enough. We don’t convict people because they have a lot of money and throw it around,” he said.

The judge said the photos would seem “unnecessary, irrelevant” and potentially “prejudicial.” Further, he reminded the lawyers that Manafort “is not on trial for having a lavish lifestyle, but for not reporting income on his taxes.”

Ellis has scolded members of Mueller’s team before, asserting back in May that the team was really interested in targeting President Trump.

But the case is proceeding, in the first trial arising from the Mueller probe.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/01/mueller-team-lectured-by-judge-in-manafort-case.html

I really think this doozy of a trial is going to flop, I sounds like they are trying to convict a man for being rich, and liking
to spend his money on nice things.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery"

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 09:02:05 AM »
I really think this doozy of a trial is going to flop, I sounds like they are trying to convict a man for being rich, and liking
to spend his money on nice things.
class envy on display
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020