Author Topic: How about a ... Never Mind.  (Read 831 times)

Offline zeitgeist

How about a ... Never Mind.
« on: July 30, 2018, 03:25:03 PM »
Good ideas come and go at the DUmp.  Some are born fully formed, others half baked but this one was at best still born.  I suspect the low post count on this indicates a pot stirrer but who can know for sure?

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210935113

In any event, one has to enjoy what C-rat tries to accomplish here;

c-rational (236 posts)

All hands on deck. A call for national service.
What about the idea of starting mandatory national service. All Americans are required to serve. If you want to go into the military fine. If not we need to fix our infrastructure (maintenance included), repair our national parks, provide jobs, and make all Americans a little more equal. This should also help get out the vote and should include civics lessons and mandatory voter registration.

Once upon a long time ago some guy named John said: Ask not what your country can do for you ....  Well that was a long time ago. :rotf:  JFK would be thrown out of today's Democratic party if this thread is any indication. 

Voltaire2 (3,632 posts)

1. How about no.

Infrastructure work is a source of good paying jobs across the country. How about we take back all the tax cuts the filthy rich have given themselves over the last 40 years and start using our government to do things that actually benefit everyone!
Blue_true (6,914 posts)

14. I have to agree.

If we have national service people doing infrastructure work, I see building companies firing workers and abusing the service people.

I generally have concerns about compulsory service. At some point, the service people take jobs of people that were earning real government pay checks for performing a service to taxpayers. When I think of where compulsory service people can be used, I just end up seeing jobs being taken from people that are now earning a paycheck, all to create more profit for owners like the Education Secretary, people that own government service businesses and would soak up service people to avoid paying salaries and benefits.
National service should continue to be voluntary.

:o 

Star Member DinahMoeHum (17,184 posts)

52. Plus the unions would scream bloody murder.

n/t

Lots more goo goo goodness at the DUmp link above. Row over, dig in and grab a heaping helping!!  :yahoo:

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: How about a ... Never Mind.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 03:30:48 PM »
Well now, I've suggested something similar with this for years, excepting rather than conscripting people, utilizing all those with first-class tickets riding in the parlor car of the disability gravy train.

Everyone has his uses, if one looks for them.

The subway cat--I hope everyone remembers the gone-away undergroundpanther primitive--for example could be given a stick with a nail on one end, and sent out to pick up the litter on the sidewalks and streets of Baltimore.  She wouldn't even need one of those bright orange safety vests so as to appear obvious.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 03:50:45 PM »
Not related to this thread, but interesting, from a long time ago:

comment 3880:
https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php?topic=81827.3875

He hasn't aged well.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 04:19:48 PM »
By God, the left is going to reinstate slavery one way or the other!

They have been seething ever since the 13A was passed and got even madder when they could not force artisans into involuntary servitude!
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 04:49:01 PM »
He won’t last long as a mole over there if he keeps spouting off like that with such a low post count.  I imagine the Mods we’re getting panicked notices about a mole right after the OP appeared.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0