Author Topic: Is DU Jr. (Discussionist) over?  (Read 6472 times)

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
Re: Is DU Jr. (Discussionist) over?
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2018, 04:22:35 PM »
I thought DI would pick up after the 2016 Election.

Had Hillary won I certainly believe it would have
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2018, 04:34:00 PM »
The guy I'm talking about likes to pretend he's conservative...yet he's pro gay marriage...anti 2nd Amendment and pro abortion on demand...claims to be religious but refers to anyone who cites scripture to show where he's wrong a "bigot".

The only one who doesn't seem to realize he's NOT a Conservative is this guy himself.  Supposedly he's a lawyer or has some training in that area but it's clear he's never seen the inside of a court room.  Has the circular argument dance down perfectly too.

He just reminded me a lot of Buzz when he was here.

Hmmm . . . I think I know who you're referring to. Jizzhead annoys everyone.

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2018, 05:09:11 PM »
This weekend DI did have a swarm of DUers show up and alert storm every Conservative for just being conservative.
The thought police were not victorious.

Offline jb2u11

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2018, 05:35:53 PM »
It's not what it used to be. The lefties cut and run after Hillary lost.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2018, 05:52:35 PM »

Bullseye
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 08:10:44 AM by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2018, 05:53:51 PM »
This weekend DI did have a swarm of DUers show up and alert storm every Conservative for just being conservative.

I went over there to see if the DUmmies remembered me from days gone by and alerted on me too...they hadn't. *shrug*

Though going through my inbox I did find some threats and some particularly nasty comments from Fine Kettle of Fish

Ahhh the good old days.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2018, 06:03:42 PM »
Hmmm...it appears we have a lurker trying to make his bones at Du, jr by mentioning us.

All these years and we're still living rent free in their pointy heads.

https://www.discussionist.com/10151789366#post18

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2018, 06:05:17 PM »
 :tongue: TheShoe

:popcorn:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2018, 07:35:47 PM »
Hmmm...it appears we have a lurker trying to make his bones at Du, jr by mentioning us.

All these years and we're still living rent free in their pointy heads.

https://www.discussionist.com/10151789366#post18

Yeah.  I'm mystified as to why, but he wants attention.

Here, I went and gave a whole chapter about him, in Paradise Lost: the primitives in Hell, and it wasn't enough for him.

But geezuz, I have a long list of other noteworthy primitives who deserve mentioned.  He got a whole chapter; there's some that are going to be lucky if they get half a sentence.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline SVPete

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2018, 08:17:54 PM »
The guy I'm talking about likes to pretend he's conservative...yet he's pro gay marriage...anti 2nd Amendment and pro abortion on demand...claims to be religious but refers to anyone who cites scripture to show where he's wrong a "bigot".

The only one who doesn't seem to realize he's NOT a Conservative is this guy himself.  Supposedly he's a lawyer or has some training in that area but it's clear he's never seen the inside of a court room.  Has the circular argument dance down perfectly too.

He just reminded me a lot of Buzz when he was here.

I'm not on DU or DI, but perchance does this guy to whom you refer use the name "Jazzhead"?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2018, 08:38:04 PM »
Yep, jazzhead, troll from PA. Weren't you involved in RO, Pete? For all I know, you may be the one that banned him:

https://www.republicanoperative.com/u/jazzhead/summary

and "theshoe" = "docbroke", will flame out soon

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2018, 11:32:12 PM »
I'm not on DU or DI, but perchance does this guy to whom you refer use the name "Jazzhead"?

Yeah Pete that’s the one.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2018, 02:26:19 AM »

I served on 10+ juries this weekend. To my knowledge, none of my 30+ posts were alerted, but I believe I'm largely on ignore over there
Deplorable since 2016

Offline SVPete

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2018, 08:32:11 AM »
Jazz is on DI? :rotf:  :lmao: !

Yes, I was a Mod on RO ("PeteS in CA"). The usual practice for banhammer usage then was summary banning by a single Mod for a noob troll or spamster (or an established member who went far out of sight of the rails), but for a long-term member usually we voted on it. Bans could be for a specific time period or "permanent". A perma-ban could be reversed. Jazz had been temp-banned several times in his last year or two there, and eventually ceased trying to control his temper and was perma-banned.

Being a Mod and also naturally so inclined, I tried to avoid "getting into it" with members, and not at all go personal. With Jazz I did get into it on things Pro-Life.

Jazz insisted, with zero evidence, that if abortion became illegal Pro-Life people would have to treat women who had had abortions as murderers. I always pointed out that no Pro-Life leaders or group advocated that, to no avail.

Jazz insisted, despite contrary evidence, that Pro-Life people were responsible for abortion clinic shooters and bombers. I pointed out that the clinic shooters were crazies who had been excluded by any Pro-Life groups they had tried to associate with and who held Pro-Life people in contempt.

Jazz also played the feminists' moldy, "They aren't Pro-Life, they're pro-birth," lie that Pro-Life people leave women who do give birth on their own afterward. He tried this line two or three times, and each time I responded by posting "Our Services" webpages from a large sample of Pro-Life pregnancy centers from around the US.

Jazz is a lawyer. Last I heard he was working at an insurance company rather than in private practice. Some 5 years ago he moved from NJ to PA because NJ property taxes are so high (he never made the connection to the sort of liberal policies and governance he favors). Jazz is a big-time Phillies Phan, and is wa-a-a-a-aaaaayyyyyyy deep into the history and artists of jazz music. Jazz calls himself a "conservative", but my opinion is that he means he is what he thinks conservatives should be; he came onto RO to preach his Gospel of Moderacy (my term, not his), and while he survived for 5+ years, it did not go well for him.

Jazz was banned late in 2015, IIRC, and railed against Donald Trump as an impending disaster for the R Party, :lmao: . IIRC, Jazz joined RO a month after I did, but I knew him from a long-dead-and-gone discussion site called "The Annoyed Army" (from which he got banned for calling someone a racist for disagreeing with him about illegals), and from "United Conservatives"/"Allied Conservatives" (even longer dead and gone). I think I first "met" Jazz on UC or on Capitol Hill Blue's Reader Rant (if the latter, ca. 2000 or 2001).

Other than those last two sentences, I'm pretty sure all of the above can be found on RO with some digging. So this post does not reveal any deep, dark secrets.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2018, 08:36:35 AM »
Jazz is on DI? :rotf:  :lmao: !

Yes, I was a Mod on RO ("PeteS in CA"). The usual practice for banhammer usage then was summary banning by a single Mod for a noob troll or spamster (or an established member who went far out of sight of the rails), but for a long-term member usually we voted on it. Bans could be for a specific time period or "permanent". A perma-ban could be reversed. Jazz had been temp-banned several times in his last year or two there, and eventually ceased trying to control his temper and was perma-banned.

Being a Mod and also naturally so inclined, I tried to avoid "getting into it" with members, and not at all go personal. With Jazz I did get into it on things Pro-Life.

Jazz insisted, with zero evidence, that if abortion became illegal Pro-Life people would have to treat women who had had abortions as murderers. I always pointed out that no Pro-Life leaders or group advocated that, to no avail.

Jazz insisted, despite contrary evidence, that Pro-Life people were responsible for abortion clinic shooters and bombers. I pointed out that the clinic shooters were crazies who had been excluded by any Pro-Life groups they had tried to associate with and who held Pro-Life people in contempt.

Jazz also played the feminists' moldy, "They aren't Pro-Life, they're pro-birth," lie that Pro-Life people leave women who do give birth on their own afterward. He tried this line two or three times, and each time I responded by posting "Our Services" webpages from a large sample of Pro-Life pregnancy centers from around the US.

Jazz is a lawyer. Last I heard he was working at an insurance company rather than in private practice. Some 5 years ago he moved from NJ to PA because NJ property taxes are so high (he never made the connection to the sort of liberal policies and governance he favors). Jazz is a big-time Phillies Phan, and is wa-a-a-a-aaaaayyyyyyy deep into the history and artists of jazz music. Jazz calls himself a "conservative", but my opinion is that he means he is what he thinks conservatives should be; he came onto RO to preach his Gospel of Moderacy (my term, not his), and while he survived for 5+ years, it did not go well for him.

Jazz was banned late in 2015, IIRC, and railed against Donald Trump as an impending disaster for the R Party, :lmao: . IIRC, Jazz joined RO a month after I did, but I knew him from a long-dead-and-gone discussion site called "The Annoyed Army" (from which he got banned for calling someone a racist for disagreeing with him about illegals), and from "United Conservatives"/"Allied Conservatives" (even longer dead and gone). I think I first "met" Jazz on UC or on Capitol Hill Blue's Reader Rant (if the latter, ca. 2000 or 2001).

Other than those last two sentences, I'm pretty sure all of the above can be found on RO with some digging. So this post does not reveal any deep, dark secrets.

I'm not sure if he's at DU, jr...but the more he talked in circles at other places the more he reminded me of the Buzzy one when he was here.

Jazzy would probably be more at home at DI than any other place he's wandered to.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2018, 08:51:23 AM »

That would be a tragedy, because the footwear guy's one of the more interesting studies over there.

When reading what he posts, one gets the impression of someone trying to be a bully who at the same time's being bullied. pushed around, by someone else--a wife, a girlfriend, a father or a mother, a boss, an older brother, whatnot.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2018, 09:01:45 AM »
It appears that's exactly what happened.

I think many of them are still there...  sorta.
Most of the more obnoxious ones have me on ignore. But still, there are generally the same roughly 20-30 people who leave most of the comments (both sides combined) or make most of the posts. But if you look, the threads will get hundreds of views. I think a lot of them are still reading and monitoring, they just don't engage because it generally doesn't end well for them, at which point they all just start mashing the alert button.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2018, 07:17:36 PM »
Yep, jazzhead, troll from PA. Weren't you involved in RO, Pete? For all I know, you may be the one that banned him:

https://www.republicanoperative.com/u/jazzhead/summary

I challenged him to once again register and show up.
Approved him as I said I would.

The rules from day one apply,he is free to post his opinions and will not be banned for that.
I hope he tries to engage outside the DUmp bubble or the DI trolling crap.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2018, 07:31:06 PM »
I challenged him to once again register and show up.
Approved him as I said I would.

The rules from day one apply,he is free to post his opinions and will not be banned for that.
I hope he tries to engage outside the DUmp bubble or the DI trolling crap.

Well I can wait all day.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline TheShoe

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2018, 08:10:54 PM »
Seems a lot more vibrant than here. Just an observation....

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2018, 10:12:58 PM »
It appears that's exactly what happened.

I'd joined the summer of 2017 for the second time, but had to quit hanging around after a couple of months, and then left.  I went back there late this past winter, hoping to see the old familiar faces, such as the madwoman from Canada, the gothic primitive, and somesuch.

Alas, they weren't around any more.

The biggest absence was that of Lamond, the MrsCorpio primitive, who'd promised he'd go there and school us after the elections of 2016, but he never showed, and so we never got illuminated.

Frank... the fuzzy verglas canadian cat lady now goes by PapasOldShoe