Author Topic: Here's The REAL Reason The White House Barred That CNN Reporter  (Read 1930 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
To hear the liberal media tell it, the horrible Trump administration, bent on destroying the First Amendment, has barred a legitimate journalist from covering the White House.

Or as The New York Times put it: "The White House barred a CNN journalist from attending a public appearance by President Trump in the Rose Garden on Wednesday, an apparent act of retaliation that drew immediate rebuke from news organizations and signaled the latest escalation of Mr. Trump’s hostilities toward the news media."

But once again, that's not the full story (and just for the record, a lie of omission is still a lie).

The Times quotes Kaitlan Collins, a White House correspondent for CNN, saying she was chastised for asking “inappropriate” questions. “They did not like the questions I asked President Trump about the news of the day,” Collins said.

That, she claimed, led to the White House barring her from the following press event in the White House Rose Garden.

But White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders offered a very different account.

“At the conclusion of a press event in the Oval Office a reporter shouted questions and refused to leave despite repeatedly being asked to do so,” Sanders said in a statement. “Subsequently, our staff informed her she was not welcome to participate in the next event, but made clear that any other journalist from her network could attend."

She "refused to leave" the Oval Office.

Far different from the versions you're hearing in the MSM. And Collins herself noted that CNN wasn't barred from the event. She said on CNN that she was told, "We're not banning your network. Your photographers can still come. Your producers can still come. But you are not invited to the Rose Garden today."

The Times reports that in the Oval Office, Collins shouted: “Did Michael Cohen betray you, Mr. President?” and then: “Mr. President, are you worried about what Michael Cohen is about to say to the prosecutors?” She actually asked six questions (lie of omission).

But it wasn't the questions Collins asked, it was the venue.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33609/real-reason-white-house-barred-cnn-reporter-joseph-curl
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline DLR Pyro

Re: Here's The REAL Reason The White House Barred That CNN Reporter
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 03:32:28 PM »
The real story is an inconvenient truth to the dems false narrative
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 04:49:16 PM »
When you see the way some of those arrogant pricks act I would not let half of them in. They are not interested in journalism, just sowing lies.

Civility and decorum has been lost by the left, and they need some lessons in manners.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 05:15:35 PM »
The real story is an inconvenient truth to the dems false narrative

And how quickly they forget about the outrage and disgust they showed towards that Daily Caller reporter who shouted out a question in the Rose Garden that was relevant to what Barry was talking about at the time.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 08:35:58 AM »
And how quickly they forget about the outrage and disgust they showed towards that Daily Caller reporter who shouted out a question in the Rose Garden that was relevant to what Barry was talking about at the time.

Which she should have known about, considering she worked with that guy at the Daily Caller...

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 09:35:59 AM »
Which she should have known about, considering she worked with that guy at the Daily Caller...

Ahhh another little factoid not mentioned in any of the stories.

ETA: Is it just me or is this the first time that the reporters have been so rude inside the Oval Office?  I can't recall any president prior to Trump having the reporters every time they are in there shouting and being so loud with questions they are asking or trying to ask.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 09:52:37 AM »
Ahhh another little factoid not mentioned in any of the stories.

ETA: Is it just me or is this the first time that the reporters have been so rude inside the Oval Office?  I can't recall any president prior to Trump having the reporters every time they are in there shouting and being so loud with questions they are asking or trying to ask.

Dunno about that. While I haven't (for good reason) seen even most pressers inside the WH, Rose Garden, wherever, but I do remember seeing the feeding frenzy by the press corps in getting their "questions" answered. Been going on a long time. They'd yell out to Reagan, Bushes, Clinton, Obama. Now, it's a different matter entirely with blatant disrespect. That's relatively new.

The world was aghast when Congressman Joe Wilson shouted, "You lie!" when Barry was delivering one of his lies speeches. You would have thought that Wilson took at pot shot at him.

But I'd say the feeding frenzy has become more acute. It would appear the animals in the press corps aren't eating enough.  :whatever:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 09:56:19 AM »
Dunno about that. While I haven't (for good reason) seen even most pressers inside the WH, Rose Garden, wherever, but I do remember seeing the feeding frenzy by the press corps in getting their "questions" answered. Been going on a long time. They'd yell out to Reagan, Bushes, Clinton, Obama. Now, it's a different matter entirely with blatant disrespect. That's relatively new.

The world was aghast when Congressman Joe Wilson shouted, "You lie!" when Barry was delivering one of his lies speeches. You would have thought that Wilson took at pot shot at him.

But I'd say the feeding frenzy has become more acute. It would appear the animals in the press corps aren't eating enough.  :whatever:

Yeah I know they do that when the President is on his way to the helicopter and at pressers in the briefing room or when the President is at some summit...but I don't recall it happening inside what is essentially the President's working office...usually they showed more respect.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 11:17:21 AM »
Yeah I know they do that when the President is on his way to the helicopter and at pressers in the briefing room or when the President is at some summit...but I don't recall it happening inside what is essentially the President's working office...usually they showed more respect.

There is no doubt that the rabid few in the WH press corps have a terminal case of TDS. They, and their ilk, want to bite the hand that feeds them. Most of them would be slinging hash in a Waffle House if it weren't for their hatred of conservatism.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 12:31:07 PM »
There is no doubt that the rabid few in the WH press corps have a terminal case of TDS. They, and their ilk, want to bite the hand that feeds them. Most of them would be slinging hash in a Waffle House if it weren't for their hatred of conservatism.

Most of them are just biding their time hoping to be on a dem congress critter's staff after November so they can "leak" info back to their friends in the various news rooms in DC