Author Topic: The Deadly Disease Infecting Christianity In America. Matt Walsh  (Read 10062 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
Consider how John the Baptist's head ended up on a platter.

The Baptist, a man's man if ever one existed, was lauded as a teacher and a prophet. People would come from all over to hear him preach. Even King Herod was fascinated by him and revered him. But John the Baptist was not afraid to call a sin by its name, no matter the audience, and no matter what he risked losing in the process. So he told Herod that it was a sin for him to divorce his wife and take his brother's wife. For this, he was imprisoned and eventually beheaded.

He died because he denounced immorality. Not just any immorality but sexual immorality. You might say — and most American Christians probably would say — that it was "none of his business" and he shouldn't have been so "judgmental." Love is love, after all. If Herod wanted to get rid of his wife and commit adultery with his brother's wife, so what? Why should John the Baptist have any opinion on the matter? Live and let live, John. Take it easy!
But he saw it differently. He viewed sin as something vile and toxic; something that harms not only the one who engages in it but also anyone who might come in contact with it. From John's perspective, sin had to be identified, condemned, and torn up from by the roots wherever it was found. He was a man of extreme intolerance. He was also, according to Jesus Christ, the greatest mortal man to ever live. That would seem to be a rather ringing endorsement of John's intolerant approach.

It is useful, then, to compare his attitude to that of the spineless, gutless jellyfish who call themselves "Christian" in the West today. While he died for his defense of sexual morality and marriage, polls show that the church in America has abandoned its defenses on both fronts. A majority of Christians endorse same sex marriage, divorce, and fornication. It would be one thing if a majority struggled personally with those issues. The problem is actually the opposite: there isn't any struggle. We have simply declared that these things are not sins and carry no consequence. We believe that sexual immorality, as a category, has drifted outside the realm of moral scrutiny. This has been the general trend for most of the popular sins in our society. Even abortion is enjoying approval among wide swaths of self-identifying Christians.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/33488/walsh-cowards-matt-walsh?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-podcast&utm_campaign=mattwalsh
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: The Deadly Disease Infecting Christianity In America. Matt Walsh
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 03:36:26 PM »
He's right. God laws regarding immorality haven't changed, it's just easier for people to close their eyes and ignore the confrontation with their fellow man. As the writer makes clear, the scriptures teach that is the very opposite of love; to know someone is placing their eternal soul in danger and yet no one cares enough to tell them. I can't argue against that being the truth.

Yes, the confrontation will be uncomfortable. But if even only one person out of 10,000 listens, you've helped lead that one person to the straight and narrow. That alone makes it worth doing.

Granted, you don't want to be a steamroller and turn people off from listening to God's Word, so some amount of tact and recognition of what's going on around you is in order. And we're human, so mistakes will happen. However, being afraid of saying the wrong thing the wrong way doesn't relieve us of the obligation to "Go, and teach".

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 05:02:14 PM »
I actually had someone tell me yesterday that “sometimes to love God and Jesus you have to have to reject what’s in the Bible”. And the person was completely serious.

He claims to be conservative yet is pro abortion and pro gay “marriage”.

Likes to claim people that point to the Bible as a basis for why he’s wrong as bigots too.

He’s everything wrong with people that identify as Conservative these days.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 08:56:00 AM »
John 14:15 - "Sometimes to love God and Jesus you have to have to reject what’s in the Bible."

Oops! That's not it.

John 14:15 - "If ye love me, ye will keep my commandments."

What you got was someone who was just more direct in their statement of what they believe. There's a whole lot of people who follow that same philosophy, they are just not as upfront about it. It's usually in the form of "I know the Bible says this, but.....", and then the rationalizations follow.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.