Author Topic: Silicon Valley Is Over, Says Silicon Valley - I can believe this. Head for the M  (Read 5289 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12

I'll put Houston up against any big town they want as far as things to do and see, and Texas as a whole seems to have it going on.  A lot of companies that are moving here seem to feel the same way.

KC

If I had just gone to Houston instead of coming home to upstate NY when I left the Army . . . But, I wouldn't have met the absolutely wonderful woman I'm married to for over 17 years.  And our daughter never would have been born.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Dell and Texas Instruments seem to like Texas ... several decades of liking Texas. TI may not be a household name, but it's one of the (if not THE) largest semiconductor companies in the world.

Several companies have moved from CA to TX.  Carl's Jr./Hardee's come to mind immediately.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Yeah, the Midwest is a complete shit hole, liberal elites.  Keep telling yourselves that utter bullshit.  Lots of great cities in the Central Time zone, functioning infrastructure, arts, sports, etc.

What are you doing?  Don't tell them it's good!  You want them to fester in their filth and suffer so they learn their lesson, not move in and cancel out your vote with their commie crap!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
What are you doing?  Don't tell them it's good!  You want them to fester in their filth and suffer so they learn their lesson, not move in and cancel out your vote with their commie crap!

Yeah, good point.  They are already fleeing IL & CA for varying reasons.  Hopefully they move to other lib places.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a

I'll put Houston up against any big town they want as far as things to do and see, and Texas as a whole seems to have it going on.  A lot of companies that are moving here seem to feel the same way.

KC

H-town is fun.  Lean towards DFW since I lived there for years.  Texas is a wonderful and great state.  Been almost everywhere except far south TX, Padre & nearer the southern border.  Even been all the way across the state horizontally, Longview/Kilgore to El Paso.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
H-town is fun.  Lean towards DFW since I lived there for years.  Texas is a wonderful and great state.  Been almost everywhere except far south TX, Padre & nearer the southern border.  Even been all the way across the state horizontally, Longview/Kilgore to El Paso.

I love driving into this state on I-10 from Louisiana and seeing the first mile marker. LOL it’s 890 something, if I remember correctly.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I was off a little bit;

Mile marker 880 and its corresponding exit number in Orange, Texas, are the highest numbered mile marker and exit on any freeway in North America.

More than a third of I-10's entire length is located in Texas alone. El Paso, near the Texas–New Mexico state line, is 785 miles (1,263 km) from the western terminus of I-10 in Santa Monica, California, making it closer to Los Angeles than it is to Orange, Texas, 857 miles (1,379 km) away at the Texas–Louisiana state line. Likewise, Orange is only 789 miles (1,270 km) from the eastern terminus of I-10 in Jacksonville, Florida.

How can you not love that.  :-)

KC

*Stolen

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Do not includeTexas as a place for the disillusioned DUmmies to move. We don't want them here.
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline landofconfusion80

Do not includeTexas as a place for the disillusioned DUmmies to move. We don't want them here.
Hey, you guys have room for internment camps. They need to quit coming to ky and scrapping all over everything.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Hey, you guys have room for internment camps. They need to quit coming to ky and scrapping all over everything.

We’ve already built it. It’s called Austin.

KC

*Stolen

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!

We’ve already built it. It’s called Austin.

KC

As one of the local hosts terms it, San Frantonio isn't far behind.  This city, that needs tourism and convention dollars so badly, decided NOT to bid to host the 2020 RNC convention because of politics, and they were the first choice to hold it.  They will gladly piss away all that money just because they disagree with someone.

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
As one of the local hosts terms it, San Frantonio isn't far behind.  This city, that needs tourism and convention dollars so badly, decided NOT to bid to host the 2020 RNC convention because of politics, and they were the first choice to hold it.  They will gladly piss away all that money just because they disagree with someone.

Had not heard that.  That is simply insane.  The 'tolerant' left strikes again.

KC

*Stolen

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!

Had not heard that.  That is simply insane.  The 'tolerant' left strikes again.

KC

It gets better.  The allegation is that the decision was actually made in a closed meeting in violation of Texas Open Meeting Laws.  In fact, approx. 50% of SA's city government meetings under this new mayor have been closed to the public.

Online Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
It gets better.  The allegation is that the decision was actually made in a closed meeting in violation of Texas Open Meeting Laws.  In fact, approx. 50% of SA's city government meetings under this new mayor have been closed to the public.

That is VERY serious!  I hope people are taking that to the SOS.

KC

*Stolen