Author Topic: Rosenstein Asks Prosecutors to Help With Kavanaugh Papers in Unusual Request  (Read 1175 times)

Offline mrclose

Keep in mind Democrats have already said they were going to try to stall the nomination by asking for millions of documents.  :whatever:

WASHINGTON— Rod J. Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, has asked federal prosecutors to help review the government documents of Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh, President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee, according to a letter obtained by The New York Times on Wednesday.

Mr. Rosenstein’s request was an unusual insertion of politics into federal law enforcement. While the Justice Department has helped work on previous Supreme Court nominations, department lawyers in Washington typically carry out that task, not prosecutors who pursue criminal investigations nationwide.

But in an email sent this week to the nation’s 93 United States attorneys, Mr. Rosenstein asked each office to provide up to three federal prosecutors “who can make this important project a priority for the next several weeks.” Names were to be submitted to Mr. Rosenstein’s office by the end of Wednesday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/11/us/politics/rosenstein-kavanaugh-document-review-prosecutors.html

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline mrclose

“It’s flat-out wrong to have career federal prosecutors engaged in a political process like the vetting of a Supreme Court nominee,” said Christopher Hunter, a former F.B.I. agent and federal prosecutor who is running for Congress.

“It takes them away from the mission they’re supposed to be fulfilling, which is effective criminal justice enforcement.”

This from a Democrat! :o
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline harry12

• Probationary (Probie)
I am inclined to think that if the Senate Judiciary Committee did not request it, then someine is blowing
smoke out their aholes.   It probably happens all the time, and nobody pays attention.  At least I am
hoping that is the case.   
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery"