Author Topic: If all finance Bills originate in the House...  (Read 727 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
If all finance Bills originate in the House...
« on: April 20, 2020, 05:34:01 PM »
Star Member guillaumeb (40,788 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213320469

If all finance Bills originate in the House, why is the Senate passing these Bills first?
I think that the answer is obvious. McConnell rules the Senate as if it were his kingdom, and his GOP colleagues follow his orders. SO by making certain that the Senate passes these various relief Bills, often with minimal or no Democratic input, McConnell can frame the debate and limit the debate.

Thus, if the House has significant issues with the GOP Senate plans, McConnell can frame the House as being obstructionist.

DUmpmonkiez again show that they have no clue how the government works...

Star Member Wounded Bear (35,510 posts)

1. Revenue bills originate in the House...

if it doesn't include taxing, either house can initiate a spending bill.

2. I understand that, but the GOP is pushing their own Bills fast so that the Democrats are forced to respond, and debate, on GOP terms. And when the House speaks of the need for discussion, the GOP claims that there is no time to delay.

:whatever:

In the United States Congress, a bill is proposed legislation under consideration by either of the two chambers of Congress: the House of Representatives or the Senate. Anyone elected to either body can propose a bill. After both chambers approve a bill, it is sent to the President of the United States for consideration.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_(United_States_Congress)

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline freedumb2003b

Re: If all finance Bills originate in the House...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 05:41:37 PM »
>>Star Member guillaumeb (40,788 posts)

2. I understand that, but the GOP is pushing their own Bills fast so that the Democrats are forced to respond, and debate, on GOP terms. And when the House speaks of the need for discussion, the GOP claims that there is no time to delay.<<

The shoe is on the other hand now, eh?
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 06:27:16 PM »

2. I understand that, but the GOP is pushing their own Bills fast so that the Democrats are forced to respond, and debate, on GOP terms. ...

#Resist foot-dragging and delay tactics have consequences. One is that initiative is surrendered to the other side.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 08:14:51 PM »
I don’t think they remember how bad Harry Reid was to the right.

Having said that, if I were in the house or the senate and the democratics tried to add anything to these relief bills that had nothing to do with actual relief, I’d vote no, then I’d be on every social media site and news site that would listen. If the republicans cave to this bullshit again we’ve learned nothing.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline hillneck

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 05:10:17 PM »
Another fine example of the so called "Smartest People in the World" and they don't understand or know basic civics.  They seem to earn the DUmmie name everyday.
In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Online jukin

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 05:12:48 PM »
Two words ASSHOLES:  Obama Care.

Please eat a bag of dicks and then start on a bag of anuses.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 07:03:40 PM »

Please eat a bag of dicks and then start on a bag of anuses.

To be fair, that is their normal daily regimen. I'd recommend something more punitive.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender