Author Topic: Sessions DOJ Declares 'No Evidence' Imran Awan Broke Law ...  (Read 1723 times)

Offline mrclose

A very long post because of my answer (below) to this Session Bailout!

Sessions DOJ Declares 'No Evidence' Imran Awan Broke Law with Congress's Computer Systems

The Department of Justice (DOJ) revealed a plea deal Tuesday to Imran Awan — former IT staffer for top House Democrats — which states the federal government found “no evidence” that Awan “violated federal law with respect to House computer systems.” The plea deal states:

The Government has uncovered no evidence that your client violated federal law with respect to the House computer systems. Particularly, the Government has found no evidence that your client illegally removed House data from the House network or from House Members’ offices, stole the House Democratic Caucus Server, stole or destroyed House information technology equipment, or improperly accessed or transferred government information, including classified or sensitive information.

The DOJ’s offer allows Awan to plead guilty to making a false statement on a loan or credit application; a violation of 18 U.S. Code § 1014. Although the crime carries a maximum sentence of 30 years imprisonment and a fine possibly exceeding $1,000,000 with restitution and interest penalties, the DOJ estimates a prison sentence of between zero and six months and a fine between $500 and $9,500 in the event of Awan’s acceptance of its terms.

The offer includes dismissal of all charges against Awan’s wife, Hina Alvi, listed in an August-issued indictment. It expires at the end of the day.

Awan, a Pakistani national, managed IT services for more than 20 congressional Democrats, including former DNC chairwoman Wasserman-Schultz (D-FL) over several years.

=============================================
Democratic IT Aide Says Imran Awan Solicited Bribe From Him In Exchange For Contract With Then-Rep. Gwen Graham
(Democrat-Florida)

Democratic IT aide Imran Awan solicited a bribe from an IT vendor in exchange for contracting opportunities with the office of then-Rep. Gwen Graham, the vendor alleged to The Daily Caller News Foundation, adding that Imran spoke to him in detail about his alleged financial fraud schemes in the House.

The Department of Justice knows of the source — the longtime owner of a major House IT company — and what he is prepared to testify, a high-level official in Jeff Sessions’ DOJ with knowledge of the investigation confirmed. But the vendor said no law enforcement ever even tried to interview them.

**SNIP**

“Imran said, ‘There is this new member from Florida named Graham, let’s make a deal and I’ll get you into this office,’” the vendor said. He was clear in his allegation that Imran was soliciting a cash bribe.

https://truepundit.com/democratic-it-aide-says-imran-awan-solicited-bribe-from-him-in-exchange-for-contract-with-then-rep-gwen-graham/

During Sept 2016, The Awan clan continued to use Cong Xavier Becerra’s House Democratic Caucus computers in anomalous ways:

<><> logging on as “system administrators”

<><> changing identities

<><> logging onto Cong Becerra’s server using 17 different user account credentials

<><> some credentials belonged to Democrat House members

<><> the Awans did not work for 9 of the 17 offices to which user accounts belonged.

<><> investigations found “possible storage of sensitive House information” outside the House

<><> Dropbox is installed on two Democratic Caucus computers used by the suspects

<><> user accounts had thousands of files in their Dropbox folder on each computer

<><> Using Dropbox is against House rules because it uploads files offsite.

<><> Wash/Po reported “Based on the file names, some of the information is likely sensitive.”

<><> post-awan clean up discovered many computer set-ups were little more than “thin clients”

<><> computer set-ups were portals to an outside computer.

<><> Awans were using terminal servers from a computer in a different location.

<><>Virtual Private Networks can make a server’s hard drive appear to be local to a computer.

<><> remote sessions remained active for months at a time.

<><> data was always out of the members’ possession

<><> the Awans were using Becerra’s House Democratic Caucus as their central service warehouse.

<><> the Awans collectively logged onto Becerra’s Caucus system 5,735 times, avg 27 per day

<><> other offices were accessed less than 60 times.

<><> the pattern of login activity suggests steps were taken to conceal their activity

<><>aggregating multiple members’ data means all that data was absconded with

<><> L/E said Becerra’s entire Democratic Caucus server physically disappeared while being monitored by L/E.

<><> no scenario exists where the Awan clan’s access was appropriate

<><> House members are not allowed to accept services from people not on their payroll

<><> House employees are not permitted to log in to servers of members for whom they do not work.

<><> House policies are codified by law.

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline thundley4

Re: Sessions DOJ Declares 'No Evidence' Imran Awan Broke Law ...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 04:42:05 AM »
No doubt to really get the truth on this matter would have involved most if not all of the democrat leadership. That is why the deep state is hiding this.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 09:37:42 AM »
It really is beyond time for Sessions to go.  He has been horrible at controlling the FBI, cooperating with Congressional subpoenas, and now this blatant whitewashing of a bribery scheme.

Why did Trump ever nominate such a weasel?  It got us bupkus and cost us a Senate seat (temporarily).

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 09:45:12 AM »
It really is beyond time for Sessions to go.  He has been horrible at controlling the FBI, cooperating with Congressional subpoenas, and now this blatant whitewashing of a bribery scheme.

Why did Trump ever nominate such a weasel?  It got us bupkus and cost us a Senate seat (temporarily).

Well, at least it revealed his incompetence at the level DJT appointed him to. Look at McLame and tell me that Senators aren't allowed to be even more incompetent when there are 100 of them in the government.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 09:50:43 AM »
It is quite the illustration of the Peter Principle, isn't it?  But at least as 1 out of 100, his idiocy is diluted.  As the AG, he should be busting skulls to clear political actors out of the DOJ, instead he "recused" himself (apparently, his definition of recusal is a resignation in all but name).  He has perpetuated the stain on his department, rather than cleaning it, and looks away saying it was like that when he got it.

Has McCain done anything honorable since he took off the uniform?

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 10:34:01 AM »
We definately need some one with iron balls and a junk yard dog attitude in place of sessions. :argh:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 05:33:59 PM »

Has McCain done anything honorable since he took off the uniform?

Not that I can think of. Great post, btw. H5
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline harry12

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 10:12:32 PM »
Not that I can think of. Great post, btw. H5

Neither before, nor after.
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery"