Author Topic: Report: Colts' Dungy will return next season  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Report: Colts' Dungy will return next season
« on: January 21, 2008, 03:48:07 PM »

Tony Dungy will return to coach the Colts in 2008, according to a report on NFL.com. The Colts have called a news conference for 4:30 p.m. ET today.

Dungy, 52, became the first African-American head coach to win a Super Bowl last season. In September 2005, he signed a contract extension intended to keep him in Indianapolis through 2009, though this is the third straight year in which Dungy has contemplated retirement.

Dungy is 127-65 in 12 seasons as an NFL head coach with the Colts and Buccaneers. Dungy has said in the past he does not want to be an NFL "lifer" and that he originally intended to retire before age 50.

Story

Not that I really give much of a damn myself . . . . sorry.  my mood still hasn't improved from last night.

Offline overlord

Re: Report: Colts' Dungy will return next season
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 06:46:52 PM »

Tony Dungy will return to coach the Colts in 2008, according to a report on NFL.com. The Colts have called a news conference for 4:30 p.m. ET today.

Dungy, 52, became the first African-American head coach to win a Super Bowl last season. In September 2005, he signed a contract extension intended to keep him in Indianapolis through 2009, though this is the third straight year in which Dungy has contemplated retirement.

Dungy is 127-65 in 12 seasons as an NFL head coach with the Colts and Buccaneers. Dungy has said in the past he does not want to be an NFL "lifer" and that he originally intended to retire before age 50.

Story

Not that I really give much of a damn myself . . . . sorry.  my mood still hasn't improved from last night.

Sorry man, but I love Dungy.  Ain't got a damned thing to do with Indy or Manning.  He brought Tampa Bay out of the NFL's cellar.  He turned us into the laughing stock doormat of the NFL and turned us into a contender.  John Gruden just rode his coattails into the superbowl :censored:
Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish

Women and children are precious resources to be protected at all costs.  Men are expendable commodities whose function is to protect those resources, at all costs.

So how does it feel to know that someone's kid in the heart of america has blood on their hands to defend your rights so you can maintain a lifestyle that insults his family's existence?