Author Topic: Oakland residents call police on black firefighter doing his job  (Read 871 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Oakland residents call police on black firefighter doing his job
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/26/oakland-residents-call-police-on-black-firefighter-doing-his-job.html

Residents of an affluent community in Oakland, Calif., reportedly called the police last month to report a suspicious man who turned out to be a black on-duty firefighter.

Kevin Moore, a firefighter with Station 24 of the Oakland Fire Department, was in Montclair Hills on May 16 doing vegetation inspections when somebody reported him. Moore’s job allows him to walk around properties to check on a person’s home in order to ensure it would be safe in the event of a fire, KTVU reported. Moore told the San Francisco Chronicle he understood why people would be suspicious of him walking around a person’s property but he was wearing his uniform at the time of the incident.

He also yelled, “Hello! Hello! Oakland Fire Department!”

These types of things are happening in leftist San Francisco and Oakland. Racism is extremely pervasive in the left.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

Re: Oakland residents call police on black firefighter doing his job
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 07:49:46 AM »
Later in the article:

On that same day, a resident emailed security footage of Moore to the Oakland police community liaison officer. Vince Crudele, supervisor of the vegetation inspection program, said the officer sent him the video. Crudele said Moore was just doing his job.

“It’s obvious he’s doing an inspection. Kevin’s wearing his blue wool firefighter pants, he’s got a radio and [a department] jacket and shirt on,” Crudele told the San Francisco Chronicle. “It’s unfortunate that somebody would mistake an Oakland firefighter, a professional who would go into harm’s way every day to protect citizens, as someone who was there for criminal intent. Kevin’s out there doing his job well and representing the Oakland Fire Department with the highest integrity.”

On the same day, Moore said he was confronted by a resident who was recording him on a cell phone.

“He kind of startled me,” Moore said. “He says, ‘Well, what are you doing here?’ I say, ‘We’re here doing our annual vegetation inspection.’ Then he asks for ID. I say no problem. He takes a picture of my ID and says I need to get a different one. I’ve had that ID for years. It’s kind of dark, and I’m more of a dark-skinned black guy, but you can still see me.”

Firefighters did not immediately disclose where those incidents occurred and did not name anyone involved.

It sounds like the dude who sent the video to the police was the one who "confronted" the firefighter: saw the firefighter's uniform and hear; saw the firefighter's ID; did not call for police to come. IOW, the dude who sent the video knew the firefighter to be just that. The video was sent to the police to stir up @#$% for the firefighter, not for any valid reason.

A decade or three ago a fire caught hold in the Oakland hills and destroyed A LOT of homes. Evidently OFD has an inspections program to try to minimize vegetation over-growth which would become fuel for a fire. So what this firefighter was doing is very valuable. And what this authority-hating moron did to stir up @#$% was assaholic! There are "sovereign citizen" morons who hate government, but this authority-hating moron was more likely a 60s-70s lib who never grew up. I wonder what his DU name is.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.