Author Topic: Trump Takes Away Congress’ Annual Ribeye ‘Picnic’, Sends Steaks To…  (Read 969 times)

Offline mrclose

Eating good on the taxpayers dime!
(Well .. not today) :hyper:

Donald Trump is a President unlike any that we have seen in our lifetimes, and for reasons that are just beyond comprehension for the career politicos who’ve only known the grooming of the Beltway.

Trump is, as I’ve said before, a Citizen President – a man with no prior political experience, at least in the literal sense of the word.  There’s no doubt that The Donald knows his way around a state or federal building – that comes with the territory of being a ruthless and successful real estate investor – but there hasn’t ever been a Congressman Trump or Councilman Trump.

No, we got the CEO-in-Chief instead, and it has done wonders for our economy.

Now, however, another piece of the humanist in President Trump is showing through, as a debate over Congress’ ineffectual work on immigration rages.

You see, today was supposed to be the annual congressional “picnic”, which is literally just a 5-star meal served in a tent to these Washington fat cats.

Seeing the disparity between Congress’ work load and their free lunch is disheartening enough for me…can you imagine how our “America First” President felt?

Well, there’s no need to speculate, as the Commander in Chief has given us an answer.

That’s right:  cancelled.  When asked why, the President gave a very blue collar answer.

As the immigration debacle looms large over the halls of Congress, President Donald Trump decided to scrap the lawmakers’ annual congressional picnic at the White House because it just didn’t feel “right.”

“I was just walking over to the Oval Office and I said, ‘You know, it doesn’t feel right to have a picnic for Congress when we’re working on doing something very important,’” Trump said Wednesday, according to Politico. “It didn’t feel exactly right to me.”

Wasting food would have only added insult to injury, so the President did what any MAGA-hat-wearing populist POTUS would do:  He sent all those ridiculous ribeye steaks over to Walter Reed.

All the food will be served Friday for lunch at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, according to a report from Bloomberg News. The food will be given to patients, caregivers, and employees at the Warrior and Family Center in Bethesda, Maryland.

“All perishables donated to Walter Reed. Non perishables to be repurposed for future events,” Stephanie Grisham, spokeswoman for first lady Melania Trump, said.

https://constitution.com/trump-takes-away-congress-annual-ribeye-picnic-sends-steaks-to/

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
What about vegetarians??? :-)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Rick

• Crazy old man
Jeeess you could feed a family of four immigrants on one of those steaks.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Good.  :yahoo:
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
This is the kind of "benefit" that Congress continually looks to -- they work literally dozens of days during the year ( :whatever:), enjoy all manner of benefits that go far outside their salaries, and we wonder why the D.C. Swamp is awash in money.

Break it all down and send it to Dubuque, IA. Start over again.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.