Author Topic: gardening primitive gets stoned  (Read 1818 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
gardening primitive gets stoned
« on: August 20, 2008, 03:49:55 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=246x9673

Oh my.

In keeping with my policy of never making fun of primitives in the gardening forum on Skins's island, I hold my tongue.

There's some good photographs at the link, well worth seeing.

sazemisery  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-30-08 09:18 AM
Original message

I finally got stoned! (Pic heavy)

after which photographs

franksolich however has a question.

With that opulent brick house, why would someone have a tent too?

RedEarth  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-30-08 01:59 PM
Response to Original message

1. Nice pics........

With all that vegetation, it almost looks like you are close to the Illinois River. Years ago, I used to spend a lot of time in Muskogee/Tahlequah area and floating on the Illinois. Very nice part of the state.

franksolich wishes his fellow Nebraska, the hot dog primitive "weinerdoggie," would have been floating down the Illinois River too, rather than blemishing and damaging franksolich's Niobrara River.

sazemisery  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-30-08 02:48 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. Actually I live very near the Arkansas River

The vegetation is a result of all the rain we got this spring. Since I let it all grow wild while I have been laying rock I have gooseberries and polk growing everywhere.

K8-EEE  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-20-08 11:53 AM
Response to Reply #2

3. Polk Salad Annie!   

Remember that song??? I never actually saw/heard of that plant until you mentioned it.

YOUR GARDEN IS SOOOOOO GORGEOUS!!! I love the idea of painting the propane tank....Beatles Yellow Submarine would be cute, you could do the portholes and everything!

omg do I ever relate to how much work your dry creek must be. I'm doing a tiny version of that here in L.A. - just a garden path in a previously unlandscaped area, with landscape fabric and stones. It's taking FOREVER to dig all the weeds out and we're getting the rocks a little at a time from the beach. It's OK to take them but only what you can carry to the parking lot, and it's a HIKE down there. LOTS OF WORK!

Xeriscaping is the way to go. I've been doing more and more natives here and the lawn has shrunk to zero. Like you -- I don't count veggies in the mix!

What the Hell is "xeriscaping"?  It sounds stupid, whatever it is.

hippywife  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-20-08 12:30 PM
Response to Original message

4. It's looking good!

Where I come from, they call the propane tanks "pigs." I wish I could paint mine into one but it belongs to the propane company.

Now, is the rock going to continue to be filled in all the way down?
apres moi, le deluge