Author Topic: shortbus faction of the Democrat party responds to Maggie  (Read 808 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
shortbus faction of the Democrat party responds to Maggie
« on: June 10, 2018, 10:11:02 PM »
https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/bernie-being-compared-to-kucinich/

Oh my.  That didn't take long.

They're responding to this; apparently the two chicks who started the jackpine message board--although it never got going until Manny jumped on board and started running things--don't like members linking to their old home:
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210718837

Flying Squirrel (1324 posts)    June 10, 2018 at 6:09 pm

Bernie being compared to Kucinich (in a bad way)

You know where… but you may be surprised by who.

Some good rebuttal on the thread already, however, from more than one person. My favorite:

Not even close in terms of national stature and impact
Sanders won 22 states in 2016, is a leading contender on paper for 2020 on name recognition alone, has formidable online database and fundraising capabilities, is a sitting Senator with a role in the leadership team, etc.
On a national scale, Dennis Kucinich never won or built anything. Look up what his 2008 Iowa “operation” consisted of if you want a laugh. His candidacy was a pure vanity exercise that led to a seat at Fox. Do you think Bernie is headed there too?

That said, I’m sure you’ll get plenty of support for your rather sad comparison here. Enjoy.

Should be a real winner of a thread.

Oh, it is.  It's a great thread over there.  One can always count on Mags, the California Peggy primitive, to get a good discussion going.

leveymg (4418 posts)    (Reply to original post)   June 10, 2018 at 6:47 pm

1. Don't like the dismissive putdown of Dennis. He was and continues to be an important figure on the genuine Left.  There are maybe a handful of others left on the national stage in America today.

The Democratic Party has ceased to be a progressive organization and is no longer a place where the Left is welcome.  Goodbye to that illusion, even if at least a third of its nominal voters are Leftists, whether or not they have anyone to represent their interests inside the Party anymore.

Flying Squirrel (1324 posts)    (Reply to leveymg - post #1)   June 10, 2018 at 7:00 pm

2. Oh, me either

But Dennis really never had much of a shot and still probably doesn’t. Bernie does, which makes the comparison unfair.  Also, for a website that is supposedly against age discrimination, you sure hear a lot of “past his prime” type comments there.

SurrealAmerican (1247 posts)    (Reply to original post)   June 10, 2018 at 7:18 pm

3. I saw that.

Sometimes I want to ask them:

What would it look like if you had a politician who cared about the issues?
…Who wouldn’t just give up when the party tried to brush those issues aside, because big donors don’t agree?
…Who didn’t care if it meant they would be called names?

Some of those posters know better. Whatever game they’re playing is not worth our time and effort.
apres moi, le deluge