Author Topic: Tying up loose ends (a special visit, too.)  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Tying up loose ends (a special visit, too.)
« on: June 07, 2018, 10:49:25 PM »
Good grief, STILL not dead.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=forum&id=1002
turdbinetree

Missouri's Greitens Guts Public-Sector Unions on His Way out the Door

MANUEL MADRID JUNE 7, 2018 

The scandal-plagued governor scrambled to sign anti-union legislation and a stack of other bills before he resigned. 

In the waning hours of his tenure as governor of Missouri, Eric Greitens delivered on his campaign pledge to kneecap the state’s labor unions. 

A former up-and-comer in the Republican Party, Greitens’s star quickly dimmed after allegations of sexual misconduct surfaced and a felony charge of invasion of privacy and a charge of potential campaign-finance violations followed. Under the threat of impeachment proceedings in the state legislature, Greitens announced his resignation right after Memorial Day, giving himself until the end of that week to tie up loose ends on his way out the door. 

And tie them up, he did.  :yahoo:

Greitens signed a staggering 77 bills into law before handing the reins over to Mike Parson, his lieutenant governor. One of those bills was H.B. 1413, which would require unionized government employees to vote every three years on whether they want their union to continue to represent them. Any union that fails to get a majority of its members to vote in the affirmative would no longer be permitted to represent those workers. This onerous requirement essentially erodes union membership and undermines collective-bargaining power. 

H.B. 1413 also requires public-sector workers to make an annual decision on whether union dues can be deducted from their earnings. The provision, called “paycheck protection” by its supporters but labeled “paycheck deception” by its opponents, also would allow public-sector employees to opt out of paying dues even if those workers benefit from collective bargaining. 

http://prospect.org/article/missouris-greitens-guts-public-sector-unions-on-his-way-out-door 

The Missouri House of Representatives passed a bill that would have put a pro-right-to-work constitutional amendment on the November ballot, but the legislative session ended last month before the measure could be passed in the state Senate. 

The fight in Missouri is far from over: Depending on the outcome of the August vote, right-to-work groups could pursue an amendment to the Missouri Constitution or the union-backed coalition could continue its fight to have labor protections enshrined in the document. Whatever the result, Greitens leaves a political legacy colored by hostility to labor and tarnished by scandal. 

How do you spell a**hole.................Greiten's
If he was a (d), you derps would re-elect him.

Oh, look, Smelliot shows up.
 Eliot Rosewater

5. I get why hard working middle class Americans vote for politicians who will destroy their only chance at decent wages and workplace protections. 

Wait, no, that makes NO f**king sense.  

The MADNESS of this is I bet if you took a poll even more people now are anti union than ten years ago. 

Oh FFF, die already.!!!  :banghead:
Omaha Steve

10. K&R!
For visibility.

Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: Tying up loose ends (a special visit, too.)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 04:57:16 AM »
Oh, look, Smelliot shows up.

I'm wondering if I missed something while I was gone.

The big guy in May 2015 announced with great pomp and solemnity that he had two years or less to live.

While I was gone, maybe he went to the shrine at Lourdes, and was healed?  Did he talk about that?  Anybody know?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 06:43:21 AM »
I'm wondering if I missed something while I was gone.

The big guy in May 2015 announced with great pomp and solemnity that he had two years or less to live.

While I was gone, maybe he went to the shrine at Lourdes, and was healed?  Did he talk about that?  Anybody know?
They had a healing white light telethon and he was officially cured
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 07:21:40 AM »
They had a healing white light telethon and he was officially cured

He probably binged on mini tacos and it was some magic elixir.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 08:06:05 AM »
turdbinetree

Missouri's Greitens Guts Public-Sector Unions on His Way out the Door

MANUEL MADRID JUNE 7, 2018

The scandal-plagued governor scrambled to sign anti-union legislation and a stack of other bills before he resigned.

In the waning hours of his tenure as governor of Missouri, Eric Greitens delivered on his campaign pledge to kneecap the state’s labor unions.

MO's legislature passed the bills. Governor Greitens signed them into law while cleaning out his desk. Unions howling. All in all, a good day for the people of Missouri.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BIGSTARXXX

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 10:30:36 AM »
Who is that in Idiot Bongwater's avatar ? Looks like a retarded Marxist hippie

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 10:58:48 AM »
The OP link goes to the DU forum index, but this is the thread url. Bongwater's ( :hi5: ) avatar pic looks a bit like Jim Croce.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Gary56

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 11:37:03 AM »
The picture is author Kurt Vonnegut.