Interests > Health & Fitness

ooops, I'm wondering

(1/2) > >>

franksolich:
I'm wondering if hospital-grade, hospital-quality, hospital-owned scales to measure weight can ever suddenly abruptly within 24 hours go bad.

This one was last calibrated and found to be accurate, about five weeks ago.

There's a scale here, which I'm supposed to use at least once a day, and it internetally transmits the weight to the hospital, which is pretty far away.

When I stepped on it this morning, it claimed I'd lost a whopping 6.5 pounds the past twenty-four hours.

Other than it being abnormally hot around here--although I've stayed in the air-conditioning--I did nothing different the past 24 hours; drank about the same quantity of liquids (four quarts, about half of it plain ordinary water and ice, the rest of it being skim milk and ice), ate about the same quantity of foodstuffs (circa 1500 calories a day), and I most certainly didn't exert myself any more than I usually do.

The only "weight reduction" pharmaceutical I use (it's used for reasons other than for weight loss) is Ferosemide, 40g tablets, two of them once a day, and I've been on that for ages now, with no significant changes in weight, certainly nothing of this magnitude in this short of time.

It's 5:00 in the morning, too early to get anybody else all upset about this; I'll wait for the hospice people to come today, about mid-morning probably, and report back here what they say.  I have no idea why I'm posting this, other than that I like posting about strange or new phenomenons (including primitives).

Big Dog:
franksolich, are you eating?

franksolich:

--- Quote from: Big Dog on June 02, 2018, 06:58:14 AM ---franksolich, are you eating?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, but when a nurse is here later today, I'll inquire so as to be sure.

Two hours later, at about 7:00 a.m., the scale alleged me being five pounds, not six and a half pounds, lighter, but that was after breakfast and about a quart of skim milk and ice.

Big Dog:

--- Quote from: franksolich on June 02, 2018, 07:04:14 AM ---Yeah, but when a nurse is here later today, I'll inquire so as to be sure.

Two hours later, at about 7:00 a.m., the scale alleged me being five pounds, not six and a half pounds, lighter, but that was after breakfast and about a quart of skim milk and ice.

--- End quote ---

You may ask the nurse about boosting your intake to 2,000 calories a day with more carbohydrates.

franksolich:

--- Quote from: Big Dog on June 02, 2018, 07:09:38 AM ---You may ask the nurse about boosting your intake to 2,000 calories a day with more carbohydrates.

--- End quote ---

This has been an issue before, but damn, I'm not a primitive with a bottomless stomach.  I can dine on only so much before I'm bloated.

Yesterday, I had my usual, what I dine upon every day--two apples, one container of yogurt, and two very large (very large) bowls of vanilla ice cream topped with skim milk.  During the day time (something easy to specifically measure) yesterday, about half a gallon of water and ice, about half a gallon of skim milk and ice.

As every day the past, oh, six months.  I'm not a gourmand; I've always considered food as merely a fuel, not something on which to spend a whole lot of time.  I have a lifelong habit of eating the same thing day after day after day after day, which probably explains my healthy digestive system and that I spend only two minutes a day, even less, having to sit on the commode.  I don't like wasting time.

There's some foods I used to really like, but can't take any more.

For variety, two times a week (ordered from the bar in town), turkey and Swiss on rye.

I'm just not a gourmand, never have been.

The medical people have suggested at various times I should do better than this, but damn, I can't get excited about food.  I'm doing what I can, how much I can [handle].

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version