Author Topic: I'm now a New Hampshire resident. Atman  (Read 1336 times)

Offline CC27

I'm now a New Hampshire resident. Atman
« on: June 01, 2018, 07:11:08 AM »
Fri Jun 1, 2018, 06:30 AM
Star Member Atman (31,341 posts)

I'm now a New Hampshire resident.

Well, not officially. Haven’t got drivers license and stuff yet, but we arrived in Hanover last night, awaiting the moving van to show up today. We loved our little place in CT, but I gotta say, this is a beautiful area! I usually only see it under thick blankets of snow, but it’s really amazing adornedin lush green.

We’ve never moved to a place where we didn’t know anybody, but Dartmouth is awesome. Look forward to getting to know the place, and the people. Shout out to Dartmouth DUers!

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/1065864

Section 8 housing application was approved?

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: I'm now a New Hampshire resident. Atman
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 07:52:33 AM »
He's moving into one of Raven's units . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 08:06:07 AM »
Our good and long-time friend Atman's sort of shielding the truth.

We loved our little place in CT, but I gotta say, this is a beautiful area!

He moved to New Hampshire because taxes are too high in blue-run Connecticut, although one does wonder how long it'll be before New Hampshire is the same corrupt shade, after which our good and long-time friend'll have to move to some other place that isn't wholly blue-run.

<<<knows Atman, knows what motivates Atman.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 02:50:14 PM »
I bet he is chafing at the bit to sign up to vote for higher taxes, more welfare etc. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 02:52:55 PM »
I bet he is chafing at the bit to sign up to vote for higher taxes, more welfare etc. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh yeah, you know that's gonna happen; after spending years voting to make New Hampshire more like Connecticut, he's going to pull up stakes and go somewhere--if any "somewhere's" still left--where it's cleaner and less congested, where taxes and crime are lower.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 02:53:31 PM »
Our good and long-time friend Atman's sort of shielding the truth.

He moved to New Hampshire because taxes are too high in blue-run Connecticut, although one does wonder how long it'll be before New Hampshire is the same corrupt shade, after which our good and long-time friend'll have to move to some other place that isn't wholly blue-run.

<<<knows Atman, knows what motivates Atman.
One gets use to no sales or income tax but we always said the real motto should be "Live Fees and Die". Free does not mean no cost, the money has to come from somewhere.   Now wait until they pay real estate taxes in NH.  Trust me, they are not cheap.  I am happy to vacation in the summer but no longer own taxable property.

You are right in that  Massholes and New Jerkers have flooded the area, refugees as it were, from the sewers they created to the South.  (Classic White Flight mostly).  They run up real estate prices and vote for more of the same that killed the places from which they come.
 :thatsright:   Bright they aren't. 
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 02:54:14 PM »
Oh yeah, you know that's gonna happen; after spending years voting to make New Hampshire more like Connecticut, he's going to pull up stakes and go somewhere--if any "somewhere's" still left--where it's cleaner and less congested, where taxes and crime are lower.

NH's loss is CN's gain.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 02:55:07 PM »
Section 8 housing application was approved?

Trust me; while our good friend Atman's not part of the 1%, he's high enough that if he can't afford to live in Connecticut, nobody else can either.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 03:10:38 PM »
He's moving into one of Raven's units . . . :whistling:

Now, I would be remiss if I failed to admit that, truly and honestly, Atman's had to work for a living--everything from forklift driver to freelance caricaturist; he even started and published a glossy, high-print-quality surfing magazine for a while--and has known a few passing episodes of tough times.

However, one needs also to keep in mind that Atman's mother was an office secretary to the guy who invented the Polaroid camera back in the late 1940s (although it never hit the market until the late 1950s), and because of that connection, at one time owned a whale of a lot of stock in Polaroid.

I dunno if you're old enough to remember, but there was a time--years and years without interruption--when Polaroid stock soared.

I have no doubt his mother, who married an aeronautical engineer involved with the space program down in Florida, handled and preserved that largesse very well, and to think that some day some of (as Atman has sisters and at least one brother) it'll be his.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 03:58:30 PM »

Offline Tess Anderson

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 05:06:47 PM »
well, Rob was living in a medium-sized house on Lake Columbia and the property taxes were well over 12k/yr. Moving about three hours away, not on water, though. He has big ties to the NH area:

https://www.lombardfuneralhome.com/notices/Marilyn-Maclean

looks like his mom

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 05:27:40 PM »

Oh man.

And I'm not being sarcastic here.

No wonder Atman's always been so violently, so belligerently, so rabidly, anti-smoking.  His father died from it, and now it looks as if it afflicted his mother too.

I'm not being insincere in my sympathy here; there are times, a few times, I love Atman like a brother, and this is one of those times.
apres moi, le deluge