Author Topic: No link---no thread ... just a question.  (Read 10055 times)

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: No link---no thread ... just a question.
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2018, 09:58:50 PM »
It was Melanie

Melanie is (or was) that young lib chick from NC who would write those 10,000 word rants. She had a name like "J33" or something at one point. She had several reincarnations.

Isn't she over at CU now? Might even be under her name of Melanie.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2018, 10:01:28 PM »
Ok, the NyghtShadow name I remember now. Don't remember the ciaceiro name. I wonder if she had a different name at CU than at the Red Couch?

Yep, Chieftian. Also there was a guy named Conservative/Liberal.

The Red Couch is gone. She did use the same name from what I remember.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2018, 10:26:47 PM »
Melanie is (or was) that young lib chick from NC who would write those 10,000 word rants. She had a name like "J33" or something at one point. She had several reincarnations.

Isn't she over at CU now? Might even be under her name of Melanie.

Lanie.

She still posts, not such lengthy diatribes as 10 years ago.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2018, 10:50:13 PM »
Lanie.

She went by Bridget. There is also Jade/WeWillSee.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2018, 05:20:07 AM »

Anyone remember Hook'em Horns? She passed away in November 2005.
I remember Hook 'em Horns. Do you know what happened to her?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2018, 05:50:24 AM »

She passed away about 12 years ago.  Fairly young too.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2018, 07:20:30 AM »
Lanie.

Lanie posts pretty infrequently, and no particularly long when she does. I've only been on CU for about 4 years and was always puzzled by some members' strident and hostile responses to her. It was disproportionate to what I was seeing from her. Obviously it was due to their previous experiences with her before I came around. I doubt that Lanie (2018 edition) or noonie would last long on DU.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2018, 09:36:54 AM »
Well, what about people who were here, and prominently so, but are no longer?  If there was any "issue" with their departure, I don't mean to dredge anything up, but am curious about where they are these days, and what they're doing.  No matter what, I hope they're all doing well.

Dixiebelle
Freeper
BEG
lurksalot
debk
asdf2231
bijou
Full-Auto
Crazy Horse
jendf
Wretched Excess
djones620
Splashdown
Servonaut
Miss Mia
ReardonSteel
GOBUCKS
JakeStyle
lacarnut
blitzkrieg_17
Odin's Hand
mamacags
formerlurker

.....and more

We all know GOBUCKS didn't care much for Trump and so left in a huff, but he was truly one of the Greatest Posters Ever, and I for one miss having him around.

TxRadioGuy also left because of Trump; he was pretty good as a poster (and hence is missed), but he, uh, kind of pissed on himself.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2018, 09:55:00 AM »
That's quite a list, frank.

I think most people just move along with life and either don't have the time or life's circumstances change or they determine that on-line formats like this can become too addictive so they swear off posting. Most of us can certainly empathize with these, as I have often found myself chatting here when I should be busy doing other things.

I'm getting where I have less and less time to be here. And if you read the last postings of these individuals, all was normal and they just stopped, which tells me they decided their attention and time was needed elsewhere.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2018, 12:07:19 PM »
Well, what about people who were here, and prominently so, but are no longer?  If there was any "issue" with their departure, I don't mean to dredge anything up, but am curious about where they are these days, and what they're doing.  No matter what, I hope they're all doing well.

Dixiebelle
Freeper
BEG
lurksalot
debk
asdf2231
bijou
Full-Auto
Crazy Horse
jendf
Wretched Excess
djones620
Splashdown
Servonaut
Miss Mia
ReardonSteel
GOBUCKS
JakeStyle
lacarnut
blitzkrieg_17
Odin's Hand
mamacags
formerlurker

.....and more

We all know GOBUCKS didn't care much for Trump and so left in a huff, but he was truly one of the Greatest Posters Ever, and I for one miss having him around.

TxRadioGuy also left because of Trump; he was pretty good as a poster (and hence is missed), but he, uh, kind of pissed on himself.

Yeah, GOBUCKS was a never-Trumper and left in a huff over that.
I believe Servonaut passed away rather unexpectedly just a couple of years ago, didn't he?
Miss Mia was sweet but when she said she had voted for Obama TRG went on a personal crusade to drive her off the site, insulting her continuously until she hung it up.
I don't think lacarnut was not upset over Trump but he was getting up in years, hope he's OK, but he sort of dropped off for no discernable reason.

Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2018, 01:46:03 PM »
I believe Servonaut passed away rather unexpectedly just a couple of years ago, didn't he?

Been a little longer but time does get by these days. He was from Houston and gave me some great info when I flew out to go to a Texas A&M game in 2006. Think Servonaut died in 2007 because it wasn't long after I made my trip I PM'd and thanked him, and within a month or two he was gone.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2018, 02:39:06 PM »

Dixiebelle
Freeper
BEG
lurksalot
debk
asdf2231

bijou
Full-Auto
Crazy Horse
jendf
Wretched Excess
djones620

Splashdown
Servonaut
Miss Mia
ReardonSteel
GOBUCKS
JakeStyle
lacarnut
blitzkrieg_17
Odin's Hand
mamacags
formerlurker

.....and more

A bunch of those folks are my "Facebook friends".  Bolded above.

All are still kicking from what I gather on my limited time perusing the site.  As you know, Frank, life gets in the way often times.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2018, 03:59:34 PM »
Been a little longer but time does get by these days. He was from Houston and gave me some great info when I flew out to go to a Texas A&M game in 2006. Think Servonaut died in 2007 because it wasn't long after I made my trip I PM'd and thanked him, and within a month or two he was gone.

That long?  Damn.  The last ten years has flown by...except the Obama part, that part took 'way too long.  I liked Servonaut, smart guy.

:(
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline zeitgeist

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2018, 06:40:12 PM »
It was a long, long time ago in the ether, far, far away.   FR. DU. CU. CC.    &  I still miss Crock. 

Enjoy the memories.  ( when we use to embed youtube )  And yes,  I actually had a post hidden by Wretched Excess.   :rotf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV79YI38hYA

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2018, 06:43:53 PM »
Yeah, GOBUCKS was a never-Trumper and left in a huff over that.
Miss Mia was sweet but when she said she had voted for Obama TRG went on a personal crusade to drive her off the site, insulting her continuously until she hung it up.
I don't think lacarnut was not upset over Trump but he was getting up in years, hope he's OK, but he sort of dropped off for no discernable reason.

Servonaut passed away in Summer 2010.
https://conservativecave.com/cave/index.php?topic=54726.msg620971#msg620971

It was a long, long time ago in the ether, far, far away.   FR. DU. CU. CC.    &  I still miss Crock. 

Enjoy the memories.  ( when we use to embed youtube )  And yes,  I actually had a post hidden by Wretched Excess.   :rotf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV79YI38hYA

I like Crockspot. He is cool.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2018, 06:44:56 PM »
If his case really went to the US Supreme Court, it would of been in the news. He also claimed he killed someone.

I remember he called out for his lies. He was banned but came back and was banned again.

Anyone remember Hook'em Horns? She passed away in November 2005.

His case wasn't the one that made it to the USSC.  I was thinking it had something to do with sentencing guidelines for certain drug crimes and he happened to be one of them.  Something about life sentences, which he said he was serving when the ruling came down in the late 90's, and he supposedly got resentenced to time served.  Whether or not any of it was the truth I have no idea.

If I recall correctly she had a fatal heart attack at 39 yrs of age. Her husband also posted at CU... don't recall his handle.  Hook'em Horns always used the term "dipsydoodles" as the link description whenever she was making fun of the dummies.  I always used to get a chuckle out of her skewering the dummies. 
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2018, 06:50:19 PM »
His case wasn't the one that made it to the USSC.  I was thinking it had something to do with sentencing guidelines for certain drug crimes and he happened to be one of them.  Something about life sentences, which he said he was serving when the ruling came down in the late 90's, and he supposedly got resentenced to time served.  Whether or not any of it was the truth I have no idea.

If I recall correctly she had a fatal heart attack at 39 yrs of age. Her husband also posted at CU... don't recall his handle.  Hook'em Horns always used the term "dipsydoodles" as the link description whenever she was making fun of the dummies.  I always used to get a chuckle out of her skewering the dummies. 

Either way, I don't believe in Speed_Addiction's story.

As for Hook'em Horns, I heard it was pneumonia and passed away on Thanksgiving Day in 2005. Her legacy is making fun of DUmmies. Good times.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2018, 08:10:00 PM »
So many familiar names, so many lost far too soon.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen