Author Topic: No link---no thread ... just a question.  (Read 9996 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: No link---no thread ... just a question.
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 09:11:53 PM »
Okay, speaking of scandals . . . Anyone recall the one on CU in which two married CUers hooked up after meeting on CU and left their spouses?

Yes, I certainly recall that.  No, Ralphie wasn't involved.  Just a poster there at the time.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 10:36:55 PM »
sniffa's wife was MsSniffa, the 3rd being bicentennialbaby.

It's my curse; I can remember the names of these kooks.

As far as the other, didn't RNG hook up with both Freeper and daveman? Yeah, I never got that either, especially after seeing what she looked like. I have no intention of ever cheating on my wife, but if I were crazy and stupid enough to do it, it'd have to look a whole lot better than RNG could ever hope to look.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 10:45:59 PM »
Okay, speaking of scandals . . . Anyone recall the one on CU in which two married CUers hooked up after meeting on CU and left their spouses?

My God. I remember that. It was between RNG and Skinner (not the one at DU), Freeper, and Daveman. What a mess it was. I remember it tore CU apart and led to a lot of infighting.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2018, 07:34:45 AM »
 :o Sounds like soap operas well worth missing, which I did. :o
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2018, 08:03:24 PM »

You are not really missing out much.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2018, 09:31:36 PM »

I sure do.  Still somewhat appalled that the guy was welcomed back with open arms and the gal became a pariah as a 'Homewrecker.'  That was some BS.

My God. I remember that. It was between RNG and Skinner (not the one at DU), Freeper, and Daveman. What a mess it was. I remember it tore CU apart and led to a lot of infighting. 

Yes I remember that as well even though I just lurked back then.  Her name was Redneck Gal.  Lived out in Oklahoma and if I recall "her" story correctly her hubby went awol on her and she was trying to run this huge farm by herself.  After that story came out, she went thru like a couple three guys there at CU.  I didn't think she was that good looking either. Certainly not honey pot material.  I can remember thinking after the first guy that anyone would be crazy to ruin their marriage over her... but they did.  Still amazes me.  The final one I remember was a big time moderator there if I recall correctly. Name escapes me... I was thinking DarkHalo but he had a girlfriend... wasn't married.  :shrug: Anyway...I kinda lost track of it all after that.

I remember the sniffa saga as well.  He was the idiot that used to brag about pissing off the balcony of his apartment. Finally got busted for it one time after he pissed on like the apartment manager.  When the threesome thing came around I can remember thinking that was not gonna work out well for one of the women.  He finally got booted from DU. Anybody remember why?

Man both of those little pieces of drama were a loooong time ago.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 09:39:18 PM by I_B_Perky »
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2018, 10:44:12 PM »
Yes I remember that as well even though I just lurked back then.  Her name was Redneck Gal.  Lived out in Oklahoma and if I recall "her" story correctly her hubby went awol on her and she was trying to run this huge farm by herself.  After that story came out, she went thru like a couple three guys there at CU.  I didn't think she was that good looking either. Certainly not honey pot material.  I can remember thinking after the first guy that anyone would be crazy to ruin their marriage over her... but they did.  Still amazes me.  The final one I remember was a big time moderator there if I recall correctly. Name escapes me... I was thinking DarkHalo but he had a girlfriend... wasn't married.  :shrug: Anyway...I kinda lost track of it all after that.

I remember the sniffa saga as well.  He was the idiot that used to brag about pissing off the balcony of his apartment. Finally got busted for it one time after he pissed on like the apartment manager.  When the threesome thing came around I can remember thinking that was not gonna work out well for one of the women.  He finally got booted from DU. Anybody remember why?

Man both of those little pieces of drama were a loooong time ago.

Great recall, sir.  Excellent.

I believe the "big time moderator" was daveman, alas one of my favorite people there but he proved his own worst enemy.

I was still new to our old home when this was going on, and used to think daveman, DarkHalo, and Demonic Underwear ran the place, they were so awesome.

I also used to get gator confused with FlaGator, and used to wonder why nobody but PhillyGirl liked gator (FlaGator), who seemed a nice guy to me.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2018, 06:16:41 AM »

I believe the "big time moderator" was daveman, alas one of my favorite people there but he proved his own worst enemy.

I was still new to our old home when this was going on, and used to think daveman, DarkHalo, and Demonic Underwear ran the place, they were so awesome.

I also used to get gator confused with FlaGator, and used to wonder why nobody but PhillyGirl liked gator (FlaGator), who seemed a nice guy to me.
Gator. He ran the place, right? IIRC, he was a virulent anti-Semite and general bigot. There was a Black woman, maybe gay, who used to post there, and Gator baited her constantly. I used to cringe over some of the stuff he posted. But she took it for a long time before telling him off and then leaving for good. Anyone remember her name?

Offline SVPete

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2018, 06:24:36 AM »
I was probably a Mod on The Annoyed Army back in the days you're talking of (2005-2012). TAA is long defunct. But gator does have a reputation and I heard of him when I was on Republican Operative. His rep wasn't/isn't good. FlaGator is still a regular on CU and is a good guy.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2018, 06:37:06 AM »

LibraryLady from Louisiana was good, great, until she went soft over the IdiotBriggs primitive's pregnancy problems.

She was the one who introduced me to my fellow Nebraskan Omaha Steve, much to my later profit.

There was another librarian there, Lindanumbers, from Virginia or thereabouts, who was very helpful on researching primitives, and possessive of a nice sharp wit too.  I was practically in love with her.

Gingersnap, the kindest of all the kind women at our old home, I think worked for a library, or had a friend who worked for a library.

Those were the best sorts of members at our old home it was good to hang around, if one needed to know more than what one knew, about the primitives.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2018, 07:05:16 AM »
Gator. He ran the place, right? IIRC, he was a virulent anti-Semite and general bigot. There was a Black woman, maybe gay, who used to post there, and Gator baited her constantly. I used to cringe over some of the stuff he posted. But she took it for a long time before telling him off and then leaving for good. Anyone remember her name?

Think her screen name was Ree.

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2018, 07:57:23 AM »
I think you're right.
LibraryLady from Louisiana was good, great, until she went soft over the IdiotBriggs primitive's pregnancy problems.
Didn't know Library Lady ever went soft. I remember that she was a big Fred Thompson supporter, and when I once suggested Bobby Jindal for prez (probably '08) she said they needed him to keep cleaning up Louisiana for a few years. She had MS, and abruptly stopped posting. Always wondered what that meant . . .

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2018, 07:58:03 AM »

She was Redtail over here and after that, IIRC.  TRG kept up the attack (And she wasn't the only one) and eventually drove her off here.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2018, 01:11:58 PM »
Wow! I had forgotten the whole Fredheads against the world thing. It caused a split on TAA, with the Fredheads starting their own site.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2018, 02:38:54 PM »
Fred was my fave that time, sadly he dropped before my state's primary (I'd already voted for him absentee, since I was deployed at the time).   Seemed like he just wasn't really committed to the whole thing at that point, but he probably also had the word on who the GOP-e was going to back and it wasn't him. so probably the smart thing to do.  Still would've been fifty times better than the putz we did pick.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2018, 04:18:06 PM »
Fred was my fave that time, sadly he dropped before my state's primary (I'd already voted for him absentee, since I was deployed at the time).   Seemed like he just wasn't really committed to the whole thing at that point, but he probably also had the word on who the GOP-e was going to back and it wasn't him. so probably the smart thing to do.  Still would've been fifty times better than the putz we did pick.

I caucused for Fred that year.  He finished 4th or something, soon after ended his campaign.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2018, 09:05:36 PM »

After a night of sleeping on it I believe it was Daveman, Frank.  My recall says that the RNG cabal, for wont of a better word, opened up a proboards website called conservativecomfort.com. Darkhalo was a mod there and mentioned something about how he saw the IP addresses of the CU lurkers and then Daveman banned him. Or maybe it was the other way around... but I do not think so.  That is what had me confused.  Damn. I used to have pretty much total recall until my stroke. I may have it completely backwards... or completely wrong.   :banghead:

I do remember Darkhalo backstory well, who I think lived in Mexifornia, and his girl friend, who lived in Colorado. Can't remember her handle but both of the them always seemed like decent folk.

Gator was/is an asshole.  I can't remember the handle of the lady who you are talking about... I do remember her though. Seemed like a nice lady.  As for Gator the Assholio... he was the reason I never joined CU. If he would have started his moral clarity BS with me I would have told him exactly what he was and would have gotten banned. 

Ironically it was actually when Frank quit posting there that I went looking for him and found him here and decided to join. 
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2018, 09:50:12 PM »
She was Redtail over here and after that, IIRC.  TRG kept up the attack (And she wasn't the only one) and eventually drove her off here.
I remember Redtail back at RightNation (RN). She went under Cariis or something like that.

After a night of sleeping on it I believe it was Daveman, Frank.  My recall says that the RNG cabal, for wont of a better word, opened up a proboards website called conservativecomfort.com. Darkhalo was a mod there and mentioned something about how he saw the IP addresses of the CU lurkers and then Daveman banned him. Or maybe it was the other way around... but I do not think so.  That is what had me confused.  Damn. I used to have pretty much total recall until my stroke. I may have it completely backwards... or completely wrong.   :banghead:

I do remember Darkhalo backstory well, who I think lived in Mexifornia, and his girl friend, who lived in Colorado. Can't remember her handle but both of the them always seemed like decent folk.

Gator was/is an asshole.  I can't remember the handle of the lady who you are talking about... I do remember her though. Seemed like a nice lady.  As for Gator the Assholio... he was the reason I never joined CU. If he would have started his moral clarity BS with me I would have told him exactly what he was and would have gotten banned. 

Ironically it was actually when Frank quit posting there that I went looking for him and found him here and decided to join. 

It was Skinner, Freeper, and Daveman. I remember Conservative Comfort, which was formed by Skinner and RNG. It was short lived as it lasted no more than several months. I thought at the time that Skinner was recently divorced. I saw RNG at Republican Operative (RO) in early 2005 before she came to CU.

As for DarkHalo's girlfriend that time it was ToastedHead.

I remember there was a CU get together and there was a lot of infighting afterwards, which happened in Fall 2005. Some left because of it.

Gator did not own CU. He was the Admin until he was forced out in 2011. I know many left CU because of him.

There was Jumpserve, a real piece of work.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2018, 10:01:13 PM »
All this because Lanternwaste is "DUmmie two times."

Offline SVPete

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2018, 08:02:13 AM »

I caucused for Fred that year.  He finished 4th or something, soon after ended his campaign.

"FredHead" wasn't a mocking nickname for all who favored Thompson over the rest of the R primary candidates of that year. "FredHeads" were people who went way over-the-top in fandom. As for the the 2008 primary winner, GAG!! I only voted McCain that November because of what I thought OhBummer! would be (and he was worse than I imagined!).

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2018, 08:41:16 AM »

It happens.

Usually generally most of the time one can predict with reasonable accuracy how a thread's going to turn out, but once in a while there's one that exceeds all expectations, all hopes.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2018, 11:27:43 AM »
Hey, I'm enjoying this trip down memory lane.

Speaking of, who was that dude that fabricated/exaggerated his military experience? Said he had a girlfriend who was a doc, and he posted a pic of her once. He said his daughter had gotten some kind of serious injury (lost an eye, maybe?)in Iraq.

He got caught, and that was a YUGE scandal, too.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2018, 11:38:16 AM »

Speaking of, who was that dude that fabricated/exaggerated his military experience? Said he had a girlfriend who was a doc, and he posted a pic of her once. He said his daughter had gotten some kind of serious injury (lost an eye, maybe?)in Iraq.

Sounds like TomInTib . . . :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2018, 02:06:36 PM »

Damn, can't remember his screen name...   :banghead:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2018, 02:20:27 PM »

SpeedAddiction.
apres moi, le deluge