Author Topic: Wipipo got wipipo privilege.  (Read 1749 times)

Offline zeitgeist

Wipipo got wipipo privilege.
« on: May 28, 2018, 03:00:58 PM »

Double Check yer White Privilege at the door wipipo

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210664505

Miss Effie  gonna skool yaall good.

EffieBlack (9,046 posts)

"White Privilege" explained in three tweets:

Charles M. Blow

@CharlesMBlow

Let me correct folks abt white privilege: It’s not measured by the absence of struggle among white people. Some white people struggle too, obviously. But privilege is measured by whether people born into sim circumstances, with sim talents and sim work ethic have sim chances.

SnappyChickpea
@HeyThatsMyPen
27 May
Replying to @CharlesMBlow
I think of it this way.
Everybody is born with a ladder.
Privilege means your ladder is automatically strong, intact, and always long enough to reach the goal. You might struggle to climb it, but the ladder itself is solid.  1/2

SnappyChickpea
@HeyThatsMyPen

2/2 Those without privilege have a ladder. Same ability to climb, sometimes better ability to climb. But the ladder presented to them has rungs missing, is too short to reach goal, or too frail to work well.
A perfect ladder is society's gift to privileged.

And my selection for most ignorant post  on this thread goes to....

True_Blue (2,862 posts)
83. Trump is the poster boy of white privilege

Imagine if an African American candidate with zero political experience and a fairly dubious past, ran on a not very subtle platform of Black Nationalism, but made the exact same promises as Trump like build a wall, round up immigrants, bring back jobs, open coal mines, repeal Obama care...etc. Would the WWC still show en masse to vote for him, since all they really care about are jobs?

Yeah Baby.    :popcorn:

For a real understanding of white privilege you only need read this

Effiein' post (which I bolded for your edification and enjoyment).

EffieBlack (9,046 posts)
87. Actually, it's not complicated at all

It's very simple.

We're not talking about inequality between white people in different classes. We're also not talking about demagoguery that makes some white people believe that black people caused their problems.

Neither of those are examples of white privilege. You're talking about economic and class inequality, which is a totally different thing.

White privilege is, among other things, the fact that, in this America, poor white people, regardless how low on the economic spectrum they may be, still enjoy advantages that people of color, regardless how high up they may be on the economic spectrum, do not enjoy.

As I said, it's quite simple.
See?  Effie says it's ever so simple.  'Course she gives not one concrete example, 'cause, uknow it's that simple. :rofl:
Saunter on over to DUland, lots more side splitting humor at the link.  Democratix are tone deaf.  What will they do if wholesale desertion of the plantation begins?  Even Calypso Louie is starting to warm to the Trumpenfuhrer!! 

< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline zeitgeist

Re: Wipipo got wipipo privilege.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 06:38:18 PM »
Whoa, Effie's on fire.  Lighten' um up faster than a pyromaniac in an excelsior factory. 
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210665818

EffieBlack (9,059 posts)

"Straight White Male: The Lowest Difficulty Setting There Is"
I've been thinking of a way to explain to straight white men how life works for them, without invoking the dreaded word "privilege," to which they react like vampires being fed a garlic tart at high noon. It's not that the word "privilege" is incorrect, it's that it's not their word. When confronted with "privilege," they fiddle with the word itself, and haul out the dictionaries and find every possible way to talk about the word but not any of the things the word signifies.[emphasis Effie's because this sentence is so dead on]

So, the challenge: how to get across the ideas bound up in the word "privilege," in a way that your average straight white man will get, without freaking out about it?
Okay: In the role playing game known as The Real World, "Straight White Male" is the lowest difficulty setting there is.

This means that the default behaviors for almost all the non-player characters in the game are easier on you than they would be otherwise. The default barriers for completions of quests are lower. Your leveling-up thresholds come more quickly. You automatically gain entry to some parts of the map that others have to work for. The game is easier to play, automatically, and when you need help, by default it's easier to get.
As the game progresses, your goal is to gain points, apportion them wisely, and level up. If you start with fewer points and fewer of them in critical stat categories, or choose poorly regarding the skills you decide to level up on, then the game will still be difficult for you. But because you're playing on the "Straight White Male" setting, gaining points and leveling up will still by default be easier, all other things being equal, than for another player using a higher difficulty setting.

https://kotaku.com/5910857/straight-white-male-the-lowest-difficulty-setting-there-is/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Methinks (as do others ) Effie doth protest too much.

NNadir (21,688 posts)
23. Personally, watching you ring up recommends, day after day for your lectures...

Last edited Mon May 28, 2018, 01:54 PM - Edit history (1)
...I'm very sorry, but I'm beginning to regard you as something of a bigot.

I was born a straight white male. I can't change the color of my skin, nor my sexuality. This is exactly the equivalent of anyone who is born a gay Chinese woman, for just one example.

I definitely detect a note of moral superiority in your continuous rhetoric, whether you acknowledge it or not.

Your criticisms are specious and supercilious since you defend yourself against any criticism by making remarks such as this one.

Many years ago, I found myself emotionally engaged with a bisexual woman, a beautiful and intelligent woman, who happened to be Jewish. She lived among gay women who used to say horrible things about men, but frankly, I loved her for who she was and not for who her associates were. However, I found myself reading - for what must have been defensive purposes on reflection - gay female literature, notably the writings of Rita Mae Brown.

In "Plain Brown Rapper" - one of her books which still happens to be on my shelves, she remarked that it took her a long time to realize that all men were not enemies, and not all women were good people.

You seem not to have read this book or any others making a similar point.

I'm sorry you express so much hatred for me without knowing a damned thing about who I am, but this is your problem, not mine.

You have a modicum of intelligence, which is clear from your writings, which I was willing to give a try. But frankly, I'm not so sure you're as free of racism as you seem to think you are.

I'm sorry I'm a straight white male, and I'm so damned "privileged." I feel like my life has been something of a struggle, much like that of most human beings, seeking decency and honesty and human rights.

I realize that we live in a racist society, and I always remark to my family while driving somewhere when I notice someone being pulled over for "driving while black" or for "driving while hispanic" etc.

My wife and I marched for Rodney King, and many similar causes, we deplore the ratio of races in prisons, and while this doesn't make either of us Andrew Goodman, we are struggling continuously for human rights and human decency, including for the billions of people who we are aware of whom make less than $1.25/day while people luxuriate at their computer screens making noble pronouncements about their special insight to the world. You may rail against how some of us are smug because we were born - and yes I was born this way and can do nothing about it - with gender, skin color and sexuality that has inappropriately given us privilege, but then again, some of were not. My father, for instance, had an eighth grade education, had a father who beat the shit out of him and his mother in alcoholic rages, had his pension buried with Jimmy Hoffa, and worked menial jobs until the time cancer consumed him.

But of course, he was privileged compared to you.

But sorry, you are NOT decidedly less racist than I am, nor are you without privilege. You are, after all, sitting at a computer.

I'm neither intellectually or morally impressed. If you consider that a racist response - and I'm sure you do - there's not a damned thing I can do about it. My opinion is that you have an entirely inflexible mind, and that, my friend, is sad.

Race may be an important factor in this world, but it is not the only factor in the world. I feel for you that you cannot see anything beyond the prism of race, and I'm sure you regard that as racist as well, but again, there's nothing I can do about that.

It is possible Effie is a Ruskie sent there to sow dissention.   After all didn't the Ruskies finance BLM too in 2016??  A fifth colum operation??  Or a very clever paid mole??   Shazam.  DU may still be infected.   :hammer:
< watch this space for coming distractions >

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 07:43:54 PM »
I won't guess how many are in the Basket of Stupids but she's in there.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline RustledJimmies

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 05:18:48 AM »
It is possible Effie is a Ruskie sent there to sow dissention.   After all didn't the Ruskies finance BLM too in 2016??  A fifth colum operation??  Or a very clever paid mole??   Shazam.  DU may still be infected.   :hammer:

Effie is Bravenak. Despite being a blatant troll who does nothing but sow dissension, who already has at least one of her other accounts banned, Skinner still allows her free rein of the forum.

She works with a group of other paid trolls. stevenleser is one of the "head trolls". Never far behind leser is bettyellen. Then there is NurseJackie, one of the most immature and obnoxious paid trolls. Not forgetting of course Cha, DanTex, George II, Gothmog, DemocratSinceBirth, LexVegas, pnwmom, erhnst and ismnotwasm. It's still up for debate whether sheshe2 is paid for her trolling, or whether she's just really that dumb and does it inadvertently. These people are the most prominent paid trolls, and are usually the first to arrive in a Bravenak thread to give her some "high fives" and "+1's". You'll also notice certain controversial thread topics seem to trigger them to arrive all at once. A few of them, such as DanTex and LexVegas, can turn dormant for a while, only coming back to life during election season or during a crisis period.

Bravenak also has a lot of fake bots following her on Twitter. At first, I couldn't understand why (judging by their profiles), there'd be apparently hundreds of young, attractive white women hanging off and retweeting every word of an ugly, little, racist, black troll like Bravenak, until it was pointed out that many of these accounts were linked to paid troll companies. While some people speculate that these are all Democratic Party or David Brock trolls, it's not clear what they think they'd gain by driving white voters away from the Democratic Party, although I still appreciate them doing that and helping Trump get elected.

:yahoo:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 05:59:31 AM »

Sir, if appropriate, I kiss your feet for all you've gifted us.

The bettyellen primitive, the one who covered for the late red round one when he wasn't late yet, the one who hung around with the late Cleveland ward heeler, to me never seemed to quite "fit" with all the other primitives, and so I wondered.  She's a piece if work, and it ain't artwork I'm talking about here.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 07:40:06 AM »
Sir, if appropriate, I kiss your feet for all you've gifted us.

The bettyellen primitive, the one who covered for the late red round one when he wasn't late yet, the one who hung around with the late Cleveland ward heeler, to me never seemed to quite "fit" with all the other primitives, and so I wondered.  She's a piece if work, and it ain't artwork I'm talking about here.

Similar to the "work" that my cat Oreo did yesterday in the hallway and kitchen, right after being fed. :puke:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 10:19:04 AM »
Apparently a Person of Color will NEVER be President of the United States since without White Privilege once cannot succeed.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 02:19:42 PM »
2/2 Those without privilege have a ladder. Same ability to climb, sometimes better ability to climb.

The real problem is they are to F**king lazy to climb it. it is easier to go on the dole and complain about white privilege stopping them.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 12:38:58 PM »
White privilege is, among other things, the fact that, in this America, poor white people, regardless how low on the economic spectrum they may be, still enjoy advantages that people of color, regardless how high up they may be on the economic spectrum, do not enjoy.

So I guess I still need to grovel before the black guy I saw driving a new Mercedes Benz that probably cost as much or more than what I originally paid for my house because "White privilege?"

:bird:
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 01:36:48 PM »
Just saw this.

Maybe Effie is bravenak, maybe it's not. When did Effie sign up on the island?

The writing style is not similar, and Bianca just isn't bright enough to pull that off, so I'm skeptical.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Kc25

• **** your feelings.
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 05:59:03 PM »
So I guess I still need to grovel before the black guy I saw driving a new Mercedes Benz that probably cost as much or more than what I originally paid for my house because "White privilege?"

:bird:

Yes. Glad you are learning.

Also... I've not seen zombo.com since my WWIIOL Days.  Gave me a chuckle.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2018, 12:31:37 PM »
Obviously Effie Black has not read history. Effie, Nazi's beat you to it.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.